IGNORED

Big Bang Proven False?

anthonyjmcgirr

Modern Idol Worship (Scientism)

O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called: 2 Timothy 6:20

Blatant misuse of Scripture. The Greek word used in the text is gnoseos -- it means knowledge,

:thumbsup:

Beloved, Scientism (Paganism)

The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good. Psalms 14:1

Is A Blatant Misuse Of Knowledge

For I desired mercy, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more than burnt offerings. Hosea 6:6

And So Called Scientific Atheism

Yea, if thou criest after knowledge, and liftest up thy voice for understanding;

If thou seekest her as silver, and searchest for her as for hid treasures;

Then shalt thou understand the fear of the LORD, and find the knowledge of God.

For the LORD giveth wisdom: out of his mouth cometh knowledge and understanding. Proverbs 2:3-6

Is Both A Blatant Misuse Of The Life

I will praise thee; for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well. Psalms 139:14

And Of The Mind

Come now, and let us reason together, saith the LORD: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool. Isaiah 1:18

God Gave To The Runner

Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. Hebrews 3:12

~

Dear One, Should You Ever Ever Weary

And it shall come to pass, that whosoever shall call on the name of the Lord shall be saved. Acts 2:21

Of Kowtowing To Your Idol

For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved. Romans 10:13

Look Up

Now then we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God did beseech you by us: we pray you in Christ's stead, be ye reconciled to God.

For he hath made him to be sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. 2 Corinthians 5:20-21

And Be Blessed Beloved

Love, Joe

~

PS: And I Agree With You, Science Is Not Gnoseos, It Is Not Knowledge

Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me. John 14:6

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Joe, pettiness is unbecoming.

The younger generation is increasingly scientifically minded. (No, I don't care if you think they're misled by those naughty pagans). If everyone here insists on an absolutely literal reading of Genesis, you will never replenish your ranks.

Which is fine. Either way I'm going to sit here and laugh at you all quarreling in the shadow of the Tower of Babel. No one here is speaking the same language, no one has common definitions, and no one seems to realize it. It's comical.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

Joe, pettiness is unbecoming.

The younger generation is increasingly scientifically minded. (No, I don't care if you think they're misled by those naughty pagans). If everyone here insists on an absolutely literal reading of Genesis, you will never replenish your ranks.

Which is fine. Either way I'm going to sit here and laugh at you all quarreling in the shadow of the Tower of Babel. No one here is speaking the same language, no one has common definitions, and no one seems to realize it. It's comical.

=====================================================================

The younger generation is increasingly scientifically minded

Sweeping Generalized Unsupported Assertion (Logical Fallacy)

How would they accomplish this?  Dwell on:

Step 1: Observe a Phenomenon

Step 2: Lit Review

Step 3: Hypothesis

Step 4: TEST/EXPERIMENT

Step 5: Analyze Data

Step 6: Valid/Invalid Hypothesis

Step 7: Report Results

A certain amount of times during the day?  How would you TEST this?  Would you ask them "How many times do you ponder the Scientific Method"? Who's the Control Group?

What if they thought of only the first 2 Steps 8x/per day then the rest of the day decided to Text about why their favorite color is the Best or play Minecraft?

Would this group pass the Threshold of "Scientifically Minded"?

If everyone here insists on an absolutely literal reading of Genesis, you will never replenish your ranks

Why would we not?  Are the First 2 Chapters of Genesis a Historical Narrative devoid of any Rhetorical Devices?  If yes, then Literal Reading is warranted.  If you Identify other places in Scripture where there are Rhetorical Devices then that ='s No Literal Reading. 

"Replenish our ranks"??  Well lets just change THE WORD OF GOD so: it won't hurt anyone's feelings, clash with their "a priori" World Views, challenge "Political Correctness", or directly contradict the "science" professions of the day.

Lets redefine TRUTH....everyone will vote on what they think it is, eh?

Who we will appoint as the Final Arbiter of GOD'S WORD?  Will they be elected? Based on what criteria....most popular? Is this a lifelong appointment?

Either way I'm going to sit here and laugh at you all quarreling in the shadow of the Tower of Babel

Are you posting from Iraq?  Must be a pretty small shadow unless they re-constructed it.  Or is this a Metaphor (Rhetorical Device)?

No one here is speaking the same language

Looks like English to me.  You disagree?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  30
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Enoch, you're funny and sad all at the same time. You make my day.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20

So you're saying since we have wisdom teeth and other "Painful" health issues...then the prospect of a GOD is somewhat suspect?

No. The idea that a God carefully designed us and called it "good" is what I would challenge. If there was a God start started life on earth but let it evolve, that would completely make sense that we have "issues" with our bodies.

Oh, it's quite sound.

So you're saying there's no difference between circumcisions done in 4000 BC and now in the 21st Century?

We're talking about cutting a small piece of skin, not open heart surgery.

So your argument is: since none of the commentaries that you read speak to my specific point, then it should be dismissed in TOTO?

Well I find it interesting that bible scholars aren't calling out the same thing you are. I imagine if the ancient Israelites were to accomplish what the Egyptians did we'd never hear the end of it.

================================================================================================

The idea that a God carefully designed us and called it "good" is what I would challenge. If there was a God start started life on earth but let it evolve, that would completely make sense that we have "issues" with our bodies

I've got a good reason, SEE: Sin, The Fall.  Genesis Chapter 3.  IAW: 2LOT

Evolution is a "Just So" story there's not even 1 "Scientific Evidence".

We're talking about cutting a small piece of skin, not open heart surgery.

Well petition the Pediatric Community or call a Pediatrician and have them change it to day 1,2,3,4,5 and tell them to use medical practices from 4,000 BC, see what they say.

Well I find it interesting that bible scholars aren't calling out the same thing you are

Are Bible Scholars Astrophysicists or Cosmologists?  Cut them some slack....most of them consider the sons of GOD in Genesis 6 "Sethites", and "Yom" means Billion of Years. :huh:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

================================================================================================

The idea that a God carefully designed us and called it "good" is what I would challenge. If there was a God start started life on earth but let it evolve, that would completely make sense that we have "issues" with our bodies

I've got a good reason, SEE: Sin, The Fall.  Genesis Chapter 3.  IAW: 2LOT

Evolution is a "Just So" story there's not even 1 "Scientific Evidence".

No, there is evidence as even Ken Ham admits.  We all see the evidence, we just diverge on our models to explain it.

No, there is evidence as even Ken Ham admits.  We all see the evidence, we just diverge on our models to explain it.

======================================================================================

No, there is evidence as even Ken Ham admits

Grey, I could care less what Ken Ham or anyone else "says" to be quite honest.

If you have "Scientific Evidence"......go ahead:

Step 1: Observe a Phenomenon

Step 2: Lit Review

Step 3: Hypothesis

Step 4: TEST/EXPERIMENT

Step 5: Analyze Data

Step 6: Valid/Invalid Hypothesis

Step 7: Report Results

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Content Count:  1,046
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/30/1960

No, an easier way is to cut to the chase and say Aha a Fossil!  Evidence.  Now where do we go from here?  As for Mr. Ham, I admire him greatly although I may not share his opinions!

No, an easier way is to cut to the chase and say Aha a Fossil!  Evidence.  Now where do we go from here?  As for Mr. Ham, I admire him greatly although I may not share his opinions!

A fossil?  Evidence of what...that it died all of a sudden like?  Can you tell me about it's parents?  Offspring? Did they Survive?

What's your Independent Variable....the angle of the shovel?

Henry Gee PhD (Paleontology, Evolutionary Biology) Senior Editor Nature...

“To take a line of fossils and claim that they represent a lineage is not a scientific hypothesis that can be tested, but an assertion that carries the same validity as a bedtime story—amusing, perhaps even instructive, but not scientific.”

In Search of Deep Time—Beyond the Fossil Record to a New History of Life.