Catsmeow

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

See, if it were ME....I'd declare that John the Baptist eating LOCUSTS were UNCLEAN!

YUCK!!!!! Nasty, gross and very disgusting....

Crunchy, friend grasshoppers. ;)

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't see where in Timothy it says all animals are good to eat...This may have been accepted by mainstream society because of leaders misinterpreting scriptures and the whole world being decieved as prohesied...Yes all animals are good to serve a purpose...A horse for riding, a dog for man's best friend, and a cow for milk, which I'm thankful...But peole need to stop adopting ignorant leaders interpretation when they add things which are not there, because it never said every creature, including humans which are considered to be earthly creatures can be consumed...Most saints believe what ministers tell them instead of looking for themselves...2+2 is 4, most ministers will interpret this to be a cross in the middle with Christ on it and the two criminals by His side...The scriptures are clear and does not need an additional co-author or critic.

OK...I'm bored with this topic so I'm hijacking it. You can't stop me...it's too late already...

This one is for my new friend, Yasha.

I can tell that you take the dietary instruction seriously and that's cool....but your answer made me wonder about something...

According the Torah, can someone who is "kosher" eat in the house of a person who is not kosher without becoming unclean? Their utensils or a pot which had cooked pig or shrimp would make any kosher food cooked in it automatically unclean....wouldnt' it?

I'm not sure if that is specifically addressed in the Tenach though I'd bet that Talmud has something to say about it.

Apparently it was that way in Yeshua's day also.

So again...I don't think any of us really appreciate the struggle this must have been for Kefa.

See, if it were ME....I'd declare that John the Baptist eating LOCUSTS were UNCLEAN!

Crunchy, friend grasshoppers.  :P

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

no no no no no.....

It was Locust TREES...also known as the Carab tree. It produces a sort-of caramelish kind of almost candy??? It's kinda like cheap Arab diet chocolate ???

And "Wild Honey" doesn't mean that Yochanan went looking for bee-hives. The "honey" is actually the fruit of date trees. Carab trees and date trees grow wild in Judah.

When Israel is described as "The Land of Milk and Honey" it means they have lots of goats and date trees.

OK...I'm bored with this topic so I'm hijacking it. You can't stop me...it's too late already...

This one is for my new friend, Yasha.

I can tell that you take the dietary instruction seriously and that's cool....but your answer made me wonder about something...

According the Torah, can someone who is "kosher" eat in the house of a person who is not kosher without becoming unclean? Their utensils or a pot which had cooked pig or shrimp would make any kosher food cooked in it automatically unclean....wouldnt' it?

I'm not sure if that is specifically addressed in the Tenach though I'd bet that Talmud has something to say about it.

Apparently it was that way in Yeshua's day also.

So again...I don't think any of us really appreciate the struggle this must have been for Kefa.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Shalom friend, glad to hear from you...Pardon for the delay, but before I can answer, do you keep Talmud because I follow the Old and New Testament, as well as Apocrypha...I choose not to follow traditions of men or Judiasm doctrines as Mashiyach also opposed...I hope we can still be friends...Shabbat shalom.

Peter-Kepha had a vision about entering into a Gentile home which was considered unclean-Acts 10...But Yahh used the Apostles to convert Gentiles who didn't follow dietary laws at first, until they were taught properly in the law how to eat and worship-Acts 15:19-21 and Acts 2:42-44.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

QUOTE(catsmeow @ Jan 7 2005, 03:25 AM)

Crunchy, friend grasshoppers.

Guest shiloh357
I think John fully enjoyed the great crunchy taste of the kosher locust bugs after a long day preaching and dunking people

yeah... They taste like chicken. :emot-hug:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Shiloh...

yeah... They taste like chicken.  :wub: 

KFL :emot-hug:

Shalom friend, glad to hear from you...Pardon for the delay, but before I can answer, do you keep Talmud because I follow the Old and New Testament, as well as Apocrypha...I choose not to follow traditions of men or Judiasm doctrines as Mashiyach also opposed...I hope we can still be friends...Shabbat shalom.

Of course we can still be friends! I even have christians as friends. :emot-hug:

I can spell Talmud. That's 95% of my knowledge of it.

You "keep" Apocrypha? What does that mean?

Peter-Kepha had a vision about entering into a Gentile home which was considered unclean-Acts 10...But Yahh used the Apostles to convert Gentiles who didn't follow dietary laws at first, until they were taught properly in the law how to eat and worship-Acts 15:19-21 and Acts 2:42-44.

that is sure to upset folks who like Pepperoni pizza.

Of course we can still be friends! I even have christians as friends. :emot-hug:

I can spell Talmud. That's 95% of my knowledge of it.

You "keep" Apocrypha? What does that mean?

that is sure to upset folks who like Pepperoni pizza.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

As a friend can you do me a small favor and read Zepaniah 3:9, and give me your best insight on this verse...Thanks, I'm always glad to hear from you yod.

The Apocrypha Cannicals left out from the KJV which we get the Hannukah story and the complete writings from Isaiah, Daniel, Esther and other prophets...It was not included in the KJV, but can be found in other American English Bible translations besides the KJV