Quick question

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hi, I saw this posted on a post (don't remember where) and was curious what it meant. I didn't have time to write at the time so I saved it to Word and thought I would remember where I found it. :thumbsup: Well, I don't.

So, I'm coming here looking for some advice, thoughts and insight into what it means. Also some scripture reference would be helpful too. Thanks so much.

"We are not called to listen and hear all peoples views and opinions. We are called to win others to Jesus Christ."

Blessings

Jen

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  2,063
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  1

Dear cares4critters,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

"We are not called to listen and hear all peoples views and opinions. We are called to win others to Jesus Christ."

I don't recall this from the bible. I think it is a statement that disregards the very basics of human interaction. How can one win anyone to their beliefs if they will not listen and hear other views and opinions? How can one expect others to listen and hear when one will not do the same?

Unless one is thinking of non-verbal physical force, one cannot communicate effectively if the other side is not listening. The other side will not listen if one is not willing to do likewise.

It also violates the basic precepts of the golden rule.

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

Guest dorijr

I think it means the plan for our lives is to win as many people to god as we can. That we are not supposed to listen to others opinions and views. Our sole purpose is to find a way to win people to jesus. Not let others opinions and veiws get in the way. Alot of times we let that happen and we dont do what we we're sent to do. We get too caught up in things of that nature.This is a conformation for me. Because I have been doing that lately and letting it get into the way of what I should be doing. I hope I have been some help. I know you have helped me!!

Thank you!! Love in christ,

Jennifer :thumbsup::24:

Dear cares4critters,

This is just my opinion. You don't have to accept it if you dislike it. DISCLAIMER: I am not a christian.

I know there are some who believe that witnessing their beliefs is supposed to be a one-way street (like a lecture). However, I think that it works at least as a two-or more-way street. You will be exposed to ideas that differ from your beliefs, and you will need to seriously consider those ideas, otherwise you cannot expect heathens to seriously consider your ideas similarly.

Do unto others as you would have others do unto you.

If people wish to hear a lecture, they will voluntarily go to one. Most people do not wish to hear a lecture disguised as a conversation. Imagine how many people will accept your lecture if you first honestly told them, "I am now going to preach/lecture to you about my beliefs, but I will not listen to any of your beliefs."

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• 2 weeks later...

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Ugh...whoever said this didn't know how to reach people, I would guess. You havev to reach people where they ARE--and how will you know where that is unless you listen?

While I agree that we shouldn't let other people's opinions hurt us, we also do not need to sink our heads into the sand and pretend that other people's opinions do not exist. Only by learning what other people believe can we challenge our faith and strengthen it by trial and fire. Also, knowing other beliefs can help us learn how to answer those questions when they come. Forewarned is forearmed!

I also have never known anyone to be as persuaded by my message as when I have first heard them out!

Hope that helps!

KrosChild

Dear kroschild,

Hmm...are you actually agreeing with me on this one?

LOL :)

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/14/1984

Cares4Critters,

Interesting question that is asked here. This is the opinion that is carried here firmly within this heart and mind.

The one who said this was emphasizing the importance of sharing the gospel within his/her life unto others who may not have heard the good news.

However, without an open mind as well as compassion within one's heart so as to listen there will be no calling anyone's heart to Christ. For after all, being ignorant of the doubts of which might keep one who does not yet believe can close the mind of a believer making it impossible to reach out unto this person seeing as one does not know what witholds the one being ministered unto from believing.

As believers we are told not to be narrow minded or without compassion. There is nothing wrong listening with a non-believer/a doubting Thomas so long as one keeps a firm hold of what is known to be true within their hearts. For knowledge comes not from wordly things, but from the word of God.

With Love In Christ,

Danielle

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  79
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Dear kroschild,

Hmm...are you actually agreeing with me on this one?

LOLĀ  :emot-hug:

Regards,

UndecidedFrog

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

HAHA!! It seems that way--just because we disagree on some things, doesn't mean we disagree on all things!

It's something I think we have in common because we are both eagerly seeking Truth!

KrosChild