IGNORED

Non-OSAS and sleep

dscapp

Guest Geoff Primanti

How do people who believe that OSAS is false...... sleep at night.

I honestly want to know, what are there sleeping patterns like.

How do they sleep knowing they could lose their salvation at any time.

A fun thread.

OSAS is false, I believe this and I sleep quite well at night.

Because I make a distinction between OSAS (Once Saved Always Saved) and POTS (Perseverance of the Saints).

OSAS is the idea that you can go forward at a church or crusade or say a sinner's prayer and that no matter what your life is like afterward you will go to heaven beyond a shadow of a doubt.  This is presumption and goes against such scriptures as Hebrews 6:1-8 and 10:26-31.

POTS on the other hands says that people who are truly born again are saints and will therefore persevere in both faith and obedience to the Holy Ghost who dwells within them (as a living faith will produce obedience).  My favorite verse as applies to this controversy is 1 John 2:17, "The world and its lusts are passing away; but he who does the will of God abides forever."  This definitely speaks of eternal security as forever means there will be no end to what is spoken of.  While it also takes into account the contention of most Arminianists that OSAS (which when defined by POTS is absolute truth) is against the fear of the Lord and the holiness that results from it.