• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I dont think its mandatory but if you want to go by it thats fine. God always has our best intrest in mind and any law is for our best interest. I keep it in mind when I eat but I do not totaly follow it. Somewhere in ezekiel God is telling what to put together to bake a bread. All these years later when we have nutritinal analysis man has determined all the things God said to put together make an awesome complete protien, and the health benefits from it are astounding. Also personally, I try not to eat pork because it is one of the most unhealthy and fattening meats out there. If thats all I have though I do eat it. And I also dont eat rare steaks anymore because of the lack of cleanliness in the meat industry and I dont want to catch something. Most cows now eat corn which causes a serious bacteria to grow in the cows insides. This bacteria has killed people in america, usually elderly and children. When the meat was recalled, it was back on the shevles in a couple weeks. The way I see it, God made the laws to help us out, and there are dangers out there. This is another reason I began raising my own meat. My meat is not fed gmo corn, growth hormones, and who knows what else. Many people say oh there is nothing wrong with gmo. And I say I have read reports that say 3 generations straight fed a gmo diet in lab rats and monkeys have caused them to be sterile and can not reproduce. Commercial raised chickens get fed gmo and right now they are having problems with males being infertile. All my roosters are fine(i have 7) and are fed non gmo and come from a place that does not feed gmo. Bottom line, do not trust whats in the grocery stores(pink slime in the meat) and know what you are eating. I think if God says it we should consider it. He is not one to do a bunch of gum bumping. I will say I do not follow everything in the bible on diet, and I do not feel I am wrong as the bible says its not what goes in the mouth that defiles a man, but what comes out.

Do you think it is alright for christians to  smoke ? Why or Why not ?

Again it's up to  the person.  I personally don't think Christians should because I don't believe it gives a good testimony, and it's not healthy and our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit.  I can't even stand to be near someone who smokes because of the smell.  So in my opinion no I don't believe it's OK for Christians to smoke.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  17
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  309
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0

I dont think its mandatory but if you want to go by it thats fine. God always has our best intrest in mind and any law is for our best interest. I keep it in mind when I eat but I do not totaly follow it. Somewhere in ezekiel God is telling what to put together to bake a bread. All these years later when we have nutritinal analysis man has determined all the things God said to put together make an awesome complete protien, and the health benefits from it are astounding. Also personally, I try not to eat pork because it is one of the most unhealthy and fattening meats out there. If thats all I have though I do eat it. And I also dont eat rare steaks anymore because of the lack of cleanliness in the meat industry and I dont want to catch something. Most cows now eat corn which causes a serious bacteria to grow in the cows insides. This bacteria has killed people in america, usually elderly and children. When the meat was recalled, it was back on the shevles in a couple weeks. The way I see it, God made the laws to help us out, and there are dangers out there. This is another reason I began raising my own meat. My meat is not fed gmo corn, growth hormones, and who knows what else. Many people say oh there is nothing wrong with gmo. And I say I have read reports that say 3 generations straight fed a gmo diet in lab rats and monkeys have caused them to be sterile and can not reproduce. Commercial raised chickens get fed gmo and right now they are having problems with males being infertile. All my roosters are fine(i have 7) and are fed non gmo and come from a place that does not feed gmo. Bottom line, do not trust whats in the grocery stores(pink slime in the meat) and know what you are eating. I think if God says it we should consider it. He is not one to do a bunch of gum bumping. I will say I do not follow everything in the bible on diet, and I do not feel I am wrong as the bible says its not what goes in the mouth that defiles a man, but what comes out.

Do you think it is alright for christians to  smoke ? Why or Why not ?

Again it's up to  the person.  I personally don't think Christians should because I don't believe it gives a good testimony, and it's not healthy and our bodies are the temple of the Holy Spirit.  I can't even stand to be near someone who smokes because of the smell.  So in my opinion no I don't believe it's OK for Christians to smoke.

So why do persons say it is not wat goes into the body that does not defile a man ?

Whhy in  Genesis the 7 when the world had gone away from God, and He had decreed a flood to destroy them, man knew then the signs of separating the clean from the unclean, for unto Noah God said: "Of every clean beast thou shalt take unto thee by seven, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female." - Genesis 7:2. Is it tha  Noah knew the law in regard to this matter, or this could not have been possible.

After the flood both the clean and the unclean things still lived. "And Noah builded and altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar." - Genesis 8:20

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

What's with the eating blood?  Do you eat blood?  Me, I don't know anyone who eats blood...or drinks it either

What are you really asking?  You have received the same answers over and over and yet you keep referring to blood...  

The restrictions presented to the Israelites in the OT are not presented to believers after Christ ascended.  If they were, Paul would have insisted that

every male Gentile believer had to be circumscized and yet he argued against it.  

In the same manner, you do all things by faith and if you think it is wrong then don't do it or you will be sinning as what you in fear is not faith.

However, I get this nagging feeling you are actually fishing for something and no one bit yet

The Mosaic covenant with the dietary laws was given to Israel.

But, in reality, the question about blood is a good one.

To start, the most obvious food would be blood sausage. Yes, it is made of blood. But, meat contains blood in it, if the blood is not removed, so anyone who is eating meat which is not kosher is consuming blood.

Now for the biblical verses, starting with the command to Noah and all of his descendents.

Genesis 9:1 And God blessed Noah and his sons and said to them, “Be fruitful and multiply, and fill the earth. 2 The fear of you and the terror of you will be on every beast of the earth and on every bird of the sky; with everything that creeps on the ground, and all the fish of the sea, into your hand they are given. 3 Every moving thing that is alive shall be food for you; I give all to you, as I gave the green plant. 4 Only you shall not eat flesh with its life, that is, its blood.

Acts 15:19Therefore it is my judgment that we do not trouble those who are turning to God from among the Gentiles, 20 but that we write to them that they abstain from [j]things contaminated by idols and from fornication and from what is strangled and from blood.

Acts 21:25 But concerning the Gentiles who have believed, we wrote, having decided that they should abstain from meat sacrificed to idols and from blood and from what is strangled and from fornication.”

So, we have three verses which apply directly to Gentiles saying not to eat flesh with blood. One very specifically says to Gentile believers, not to eat meat with it's blood.

On the reverse side, we have other verses which mentions meat which has been sacrificed to idols being alright to eat, unless it might offend the conscious of another person. Meat sacrificed to idols would not have had the blood removed. 

1 Cor  10:23All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify. 24 Let no one seek his own good, but that of his neighbor. 25 Eat anything that is sold in the meat market without asking questions for conscience’ sake; 26 for the earth is the Lord’s, and all it contains. 27 If one of the unbelievers invites you and you want to go, eat anything that is set before you without asking questions for conscience’ sake. 28 But if anyone says to you, “This is meat sacrificed to idols,” do not eat it, for the sake of the one who informed you, and for conscience’ sake; 29 I mean not your own conscience, but the other man’s; for why is my freedom judged by another’s conscience?      

So, while there is a law against eating anything sacrificed to idols, this change in the New Covenant would also indicate that the prohibition against consuming blood is also based on conscience.   

Would you eat blood ?

I am Jewish and was raised with the Mosaic covenant, so growing up, I did not consume meat with blood. But, now that I believe in Jesus, I am a part of a community which is predominantly Gentile. I recognized early on in my belief that Gentile Christians were a part of my new family of people with like spirit. When I am invited to a Christians home for a meal, I eat what I am served, which means I eat non-Kosher meat with blood. When someone serves a meal to a guest, they have gone to the extra work and trouble to prepare something for the guest.   

I will say that meat with blood tends to have a different flavor. Since I grew up with kosher meat, I have a preference for that flavor, so would rather eat Kosher meat. The taste difference is especially noticable with chicken and hamburger. 

So, in the end, yes, I do eat blood. Scripture makes it clear we are to love and care for one another, setting aside our own 'freedom' for the sake of others.

Guest shiloh357

What verse in the new says we are not to practice this anymore ? 

There is no verse prohibiting it.  If you want to practice those dietary laws, it is your right to do so.   But there is no commandment under the New Testament economy requiring believers in Jesus to follow those dietary guidelines.

The dietary laws were given to the nation of Israel. They were not intended for all people, for all time.

Can believers eat blood in the old as well as in the new ?

i know of no Christian who eats blood.    Why would a Christian eat blood?    Now I suspect that even when we cook a steak, there may be a residue of blood sill in the meat, but it is cooked out and any germs or bacteria are destroyed.   So I really don't see your point.

Whhy in  Genesis the 7 when the world had gone away from God, and He had decreed a flood to destroy them, man knew then the signs of separating the clean from the unclean, for unto Noah God said: "Of every clean beast thou shalt take unto thee by seven, the male and his female: and of beasts that are not clean by two, the male and his female." - Genesis 7:2. Is it tha  Noah knew the law in regard to this matter, or this could not have been possible.

After the flood both the clean and the unclean things still lived. "And Noah builded and altar unto the Lord; and took of every clean beast, and of every clean fowl, and offered burnt offerings on the altar." - Genesis 8:20

Yes, after the flood it was noted that there were clean and unclean, or animals which were alright to make a sacrifice to God and animals which were not alright to sacrifice to God.

We are not told how man knew which animals were clean for sacrifice and which were not clean for sacrifice. We can assume many things but they may not be right as God does not share that information with us. Here are some possibilities. 

1. God gathered the animals and brought them to the ark. Of the 'clean' animals, He brought the in groups of 7. Of the unclean animals, He brought them in groups of 2.

Genesis 7:2 You shall take with you of every clean animal by sevens, a male and his female; and of the animals that are not clean two, a male and his female;

It could be that Noah knew clean from unclean by the number of animals which came? After all, if Noah had sacrificed an animal which was 1 of only 2, that would have ended the species.

2. Going back further, sacrifice pre-dates the flood. We know that Cain did not sacrifice something which was pleasing to God. He sacrificed something of his own work. So it is logical to assume that man knew what was ok to sacrifice.

Animals which are clean for sacrifice do not consume blood. They are cud chewers which means they eat vegetation. The first time there is a mention of clean or unclean animals for food is in the Mosaic covenant given to the children of Israel. Again, what is clean to eat is cud chewers with a split hoof. Since the Mosaic covenant pointed to Jesus, there is symbolism within the law itself which points to Jesus. Blood is called the life. Blood was forbidden to eat, and clean animals do not consume blood either. People were commanded not to consume blood, as the blood/life does not give life to people who are dead in sin. Only the blood of Jesus gives life to sinners. So, in this vane, people were told to symbolically consume the blood of Jesus. Since we are made clean by the blood of Jesus, the need for the symbolism is no longer necessary. At, least, that is how I interpret it.     

Just to add to this. In the Mosaic covenant, the first born of a clean animal was to be taken to the Temple for sacrifice. The first born of an unclean animal was either to be killed or redeemed with a lamb. The symbolic message is clear. Only a clean person is fit for sacrifice.  But what is interesting is that in the verses concerning clean and unclean animals, it says that the birth of the first born male human, a fee must be paid. Humans are classified or treated as unclean and in need of redemption.   

Exodus 13:13 But every first offspring of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, then you shall break its neck; and every firstborn of man among your sons you shall redeem.

not eating blood and unclean meat was given to noah before the covenant with Israel 

It was only magnified with Israel just like not commiting adultery etc 

Yes, after the flood it was noted that there were clean and unclean, or animals which were alright to make a sacrifice to God and animals which were not alright to sacrifice to God.

We are not told how man knew which animals were clean for sacrifice and which were not clean for sacrifice. We can assume many things but they may not be right as God does not share that information with us. Here are some possibilities. 

1. God gathered the animals and brought them to the ark. Of the 'clean' animals, He brought the in groups of 7. Of the unclean animals, He brought them in groups of 2.

Genesis 7:2 You shall take with you of every clean animal by sevens, a male and his female; and of the animals that are not clean two, a male and his female;

It could be that Noah knew clean from unclean by the number of animals which came? After all, if Noah had sacrificed an animal which was 1 of only 2, that would have ended the species.

2. Going back further, sacrifice pre-dates the flood. We know that Cain did not sacrifice something which was pleasing to God. He sacrificed something of his own work. So it is logical to assume that man knew what was ok to sacrifice.

Animals which are clean for sacrifice do not consume blood. They are cud chewers which means they eat vegetation. The first time there is a mention of clean or unclean animals for food is in the Mosaic covenant given to the children of Israel. Again, what is clean to eat is cud chewers with a split hoof. Since the Mosaic covenant pointed to Jesus, there is symbolism within the law itself which points to Jesus. Blood is called the life. Blood was forbidden to eat, and clean animals do not consume blood either. People were commanded not to consume blood, as the blood/life does not give life to people who are dead in sin. Only the blood of Jesus gives life to sinners. So, in this vane, people were told to symbolically consume the blood of Jesus. Since we are made clean by the blood of Jesus, the need for the symbolism is no longer necessary. At, least, that is how I interpret it.     

Just to add to this. In the Mosaic covenant, the first born of a clean animal was to be taken to the Temple for sacrifice. The first born of an unclean animal was either to be killed or redeemed with a lamb. The symbolic message is clear. Only a clean person is fit for sacrifice.  But what is interesting is that in the verses concerning clean and unclean animals, it says that the birth of the first born male human, a fee must be paid. Humans are classified or treated as unclean and in need of redemption.   

Exodus 13:13 But every first offspring of a donkey you shall redeem with a lamb, but if you do not redeem it, then you shall break its neck; and every firstborn of man among your sons you shall redeem.

Why did noah take the clean by sevens and the unclean by twos ? thanks 

not eating blood and unclean meat was given to noah before the covenant with Israel 

It was only magnified with Israel just like not commiting adultery etc 

You are right. Not consuming blood is a law given to Noah and his descendents. It is a law in the Noachide covenant.

In the Mosaic covenant given to Israel, there is a law restricting eating blood but the law is different as the blood must be spilled on the ground during slaughter. So, the law concerning blood is different in the Noachide covenant and the Mosaic covenant.

Christians are under the New Covenant, and the laws for the New Covenant are different then the laws for the Noachide covenant and the Mosaic covenant.

Why did noah take the clean by sevens and the unclean by twos ? thanks 

Noah took 7 clean and 2 unclean because God told him to.