Daniel9601

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

If their IS a difference between our two, i shouldnt say "sects" because there are no huuge differences between us, but factions, then what are they?

Communion? The pope? Rome? Gay priests? Contraception?

Whats the difference? if any relevant ones?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Daniel,

The person who led me to Christ was a Roman Catholic flowing with the fruit of the Spirit. I've never met a calmer, more loving, kind and forgiving soul in my entire life. Her LIGHT shined so brightly, it nearly blinded me...and still does.

I don't give a FLIP what denomination you call yourself, the bottom line is do you call yourself a "follower of Jesus Christ"?

If you're too busy examining the speck in your brothers eye, can you see clear to remove the plank from your own.

Look, friend...I have way too many shortcomings to point fingers. I have to examine my heart DAILY. I fall short CONSTANTLY and I am a no good sinner APART from the grace and mercy of Jesus Christ.

As for me and my house, I love and welcome ANYBODY covered by the blood of Jesus.

I don't know what denomination the "thief on the cross" was. He was forgiven, yes?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Protestants are a disperate collection of Christian sects united by the fact that about 500 years ago,they, or more often the sects from which they themselves split, rebelled (or to be historically accurate -Protested) against some of the doctrines, and the dictatorial structure of the Roman Catholic Church. As a result different groups of protestants believe very different things (try and find anything reallythat unites Anglican/Episcopailans, Southern Baptists, Quakers, Pentacostalists, Unitarians, Presbyterians, Unitarians, Lutherans, Methodists, the Amish, Moravians, Jehovas Witnesses, Seventh day Adventists, the Metropolitan Community Churchand the exclusive Bretheren). Consequently, they (to be more precise we, as I am one of them)  usually hate each other more than they hate the Roman Catholics.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

;)Not ME! I love anyone who walks with Christ and follows Him as best as they can understand. Not everyone has the same amount of "light" or knowledge but anyone covered by the BLOOD OF JESUS is my brother and sister.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

It is my understanding that "protestant" comes from the Latin compound word "pro-testare" meaning "to the word".

It is my understanding that "protestant" comes from the Latin compound word "pro-testare"  meaning "to the word".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Brother Leonard,

Forgive my slip of memory but you're RC aren't you? I used to be but became a black sheep...baaaaaaa....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  349
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  12/12/1939

Daniel i agree with Jim R,lead your friend to Christ first so he can have a relationship with Him then the Lord will lead him to a church family.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  1,156
  • Content Per Day:  0.16

Protestants are a disperate collection of Christian sects united by the fact that about 500 years ago,they, or more often the sects from which they themselves split, rebelled (or to be historically accurate -Protested) against some of the doctrines, and the dictatorial structure of the Roman Catholic Church. As a result different groups of protestants believe very different things (try and find anything reallythat unites Anglican/Episcopailans, Southern Baptists, Quakers, Pentacostalists, Unitarians, Presbyterians, Unitarians, Lutherans, Methodists, the Amish, Moravians, Jehovas Witnesses, Seventh day Adventists, the Metropolitan Community Churchand the exclusive Bretheren). Consequently, they (to be more precise we, as I am one of them)

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  87
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Is communion reeeaaaallllyyyy God's body or just a symbol?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

It is my understanding that "protestant" comes from the Latin compound word "pro-testare"

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

The Roman Catholic way bows to a mere man, IE, the Roman pope in the Vatican. The Evangelical Protestant seeks to follow the Lord Jesus Christ as enunciated in the Holy Bible. Truth to tell, Romanism is unheard of in the Bible, no matter the version. Which disciple was a Roman Catholic? And, of course, Peter called himself an elder & an apostle, never once a Pope. Very interesting.

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

Proverbs 22:10-10

10 Throw the scoffer out, and quarreling goes too; strife and insults cease.

It's OBVIOUS what "Daniel's" purpose is.

I'll have nothing further to do with you or others who are here to stir up strife among brothers.

Psalms 140:1

Rescue me, ADONAI, from evil people, protect me from violent people. 2 They plan evil things in their hearts they continually stir up bitter strife.