Copying software illegally at work?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

I agree with you that by saying I AGREE when I haven't read what I am agreeing to is risky, which is why I am blessed to have MIS folks who do it for me.  :blink:  :thumbsup:

Hey....that's not fair! :21: Booh hoo (bemoaning my lowly lot in life in not being able to have MIS folks doing things for me).

On second thought, praise God! Now I have one more thing to add to my wishlist that I will present to the Lord when I get to heaven! MIS folks who will click on buttons for me! :taped:

Of course in heaven there will be no need for computers I think;

For our minds will convey the purest of thoughts as fast as a blink;

Or at least it would seem so to me;

And I will be so glad to find no more licencing fees!

(That was my attempt at poetry :24: I had a good day at work and things are looking up!).

Carlos

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Of course in heaven there will be no need for computers I think;

For our minds will convey the purest of thoughts as fast as a blink;

Or at least it would seem so to me;

And I will be so glad to find no more licencing fees!

(That was my attempt at poetry :)  I had a good day at work and things are looking up!).

Praise God! I am glad it was good day....oh, and you are poetic. Another benefit when we get to Heaven is there will be NO hard drive crashes!!!!! :):)

• 4 weeks later...

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  4

Just by way of an update I quit my job over the software issue and many other issues that were coming up and causing me a whole heck of a lot of needless stress and will be starting my own computer business.

On another note I wrote Microsoft Canada about what was happening in my area (within a city of 1,000,000 people) and their response was an absolute joke. I even told then that I was willing to become an undercover agent for them in exchange for a modest living. Their response?

My inquiry might be better handled by their personnel department and that I should call them since my issue was too complex to handle by email (as if - it was just a form paragraph that someone copied and pasted into the email response from them I am sure).

What a joke. Not even Microsoft is concerned enough about software piracy to do something big about it. Every once in a while they go after someone but just like happened with the Music Association going after illegal downloaders I am sure they realize that if they started sueing everyone and their next door neighbor who might have illegally copied software they would alianate a lot more people than such sueing was worth.

The irony of all this is that Christians wanting to live with integrity end up on the short end of the stick. In the sense that everyone around them saves a bundle by illegally copying software and selling unathroized copies while they must abide by all licencing agreements. Guess where most customers are going to go? To the next door business who will offer them unathorized copies of Windows OS's at a great discount to their whole computer system.

Fortunately my hoped for computer business will not be directly impacted by illegal software copying or at least not much. I will be replacing Windows Servers with Linux/Samba which will all but eliminate licencing considerations.

What a world we live in!

Carlos

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  827
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  12,101
  • Content Per Day:  1.50
  • Days Won:  3

Carlos, for what it's worth, I applaud your decision. In the long run, you will prosper because of it. Someday, you'll see it in your fruit.

I hope your business is very successful and that it blesses many.

YSIC

trav