• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

Maybe I'm being a bit simple but isn't Genesis 3:15 just referring to snakes?

Snakes are now poisonous. The seed of woman (humans) have enmity towards the seeds of the serpent (venomous snakes). They bruise its head (stomp on it) and the snake bites the heel of humans.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  2

Does a woman have "seed", in either the biological sense or in Jewish idiom?

Pretty sure there's lots more going on here than "simple"!

The "you" in this passage is satan/lucifer. The passage goes way beyond zoology...

Maybe I'm being a bit simple but isn't Genesis 3:15 just referring to snakes?

Snakes are now poisonous. The seed of woman (humans) have enmity towards the seeds of the serpent (venomous snakes). They bruise its head (stomp on it) and the snake bites the heel of humans.

:thumbsup:

The LORD Declares War

And the LORD God said unto the serpent, Because thou hast done this, thou art cursed above all cattle, and above every beast of the field; upon thy belly shalt thou go, and dust shalt thou eat all the days of thy life: And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel. Genesis 3:14-15

The LORD Jesus Makes War

He that committeth sin is of the devil; for the devil sinneth from the beginning. For this purpose the Son of God was manifested, that he might destroy the works of the devil. 1 John 3:8

The LORD Jesus Is Declared The Winner

But now is Christ risen from the dead, and become the firstfruits of them that slept.

For since by man came death, by man came also the resurrection of the dead. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. 1 Corinthians 15:20-22

The LORD Jesus Sits His Family

Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things that pertain to this life? 1 Corinthians 6:3

On The Court-Martial

And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly. The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you. Amen. Romans 16:20

As I See It