• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,029
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/23/1982

Something I just read that I didn't see previously in this thread but gives further insight.

Who is the messenger of the covenant in Malachi 3:1-3 referring to? and does messenger in the text also translate to the word angel(help me out hebrew scholars)

Behold, I will send my messenger, and he shall prepare the way before me: and the Lord, whom ye seek, shall suddenly come to his temple, even the messenger of the covenant, whom ye delight in: behold, he shall come, saith the Lord of hosts.

But who may abide the day of his coming? and who shall stand when he appeareth? for he is like a refiner's fire, and like fullers' soap:

And he shall sit as a refiner and purifier of silver: and he shall purify the sons of Levi, and purge them as gold and silver, that they may offer unto the Lord an offering in righteousness.

I have an inkling that the first messenger was John the Baptist and the messenger of the covenant was Jesus.

Also if we go back to Daniel when the 3 Hebrew boys were thrown into the furnace for obeying God rather than man we see this in Daniel 3:25

25 He answered and said, Lo, I see four men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they have no hurt; and the form of the fourth is like the Son of God.

I think most Christians would agree that this is the pre-incarnate Jesus.  But verse 28 describes the 4th figure a little more.

28 Then Nebuchadnezzar spake, and said, Blessed be the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his angel, and delivered his servants that trusted in him, and have changed the king's word, and yielded their bodies, that they might not serve nor worship any god, except their own God.

Pretty interesting right?