JohnD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  909
  • Topics Per Day:  0.19
  • Content Count:  9,656
  • Content Per Day:  2.02
  • Days Won:  9

...but the more we allow God to do the teaching (with his Holy Spirit and his Word) the more truth we will have. The more we insert the traditions of men and the limitation of our own understanding the les truth we will have.

Romans 9:6 (KJV)
6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

Galatians 6:13-16 (KJV)
13 For neither they themselves who are circumcised keep the law; but desire to have you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.
14 But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world.
15 For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but a new creature.
16 And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God.

Guest shiloh357

...but the more we allow God to do the teaching (with his Holy Spirit and his Word) the more truth we will have. The more we insert the traditions of men and the limitation of our own understanding the les truth we will have.

Maybe sometimes the reason we don't swallow things is precisely because they are not true and are not based on the Bible.

Then the scriptures I quoted are not in your Bible, Shiloh?

Guest shiloh357

Then the scriptures I quoted are not in your Bible, Shiloh?

No, what I am saying we don't swallow how some people handle the Scriptures.  Just quoting Scripture isn't enough.  You have to exegete it properly.  People use the scriptures to support wacky doctrines.

Okay.

So how would you exegete:

6 Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

?

Guest shiloh357

Okay.

?

In context, Paul's point is that "Israel" in spiritual terms refers to a believing Jewish remnant within the ethnic nation of Israel.  The true "Israel" is that believing remnant of ethnic Jews.

...but the more we allow God to do the teaching (with his Holy Spirit and his Word) the more truth we will have.

The more we insert the traditions of men and the limitation of our own understanding the less truth we will have.

:thumbsup:

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. Romans 11:26-28

~

Okay.

Romans 9:6 (KJV) Not as though the word of God hath taken none effect. For they are not all Israel, which are of Israel:

?

In context, Paul's point is that "Israel" in spiritual terms refers to a believing Jewish remnant within the ethnic nation of Israel.  The true "Israel" is that believing remnant of ethnic Jews.

:thumbsup:

Amen~!

Behold, the days come, saith the LORD, that I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which my covenant they brake, although I was an husband unto them, saith the LORD:

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people. Jeremiah 31:31-33

And

But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people: Hebrews 8:6-10

Amen~!

And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the fathers' sakes. Romans 11:26-28