Yes,homosexuality is a sin.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  29
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I don't know that being a homosexual is a sin...but practicing it...sure is.  But then I think, if a person isn't taking part in the lifestyle then they aren't a homosexual.

Kind of like before I got saved...I chased women and committed fornication, when I stopped that sin, I was no longer a fornicator.  So maybe a person stops being a homosexual when they stop participating in the activity?  Yes?

Edited by Roy B.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

You shall know them by their fruits.  Our lifestyle should reflect Who is living inside of us.   If it doesn't  match up with what is in God's word then it is what we need to avoid.  However the very Spirit  inside gives us that check in our spirit.  Thank you Jesus for Your Holy Spirit that leads us into all truth.

Because He Lives!!! Rustyangel

Guest shiloh357

I don't know that being a homosexual is a sin...but practicing it...sure is.  But then I think, if a person isn't taking part in the lifestyle then they aren't a homosexual.

Kind of like before I got saved...I chased women and committed fornication, when I stopped that sin, I was no longer a fornicator.  So maybe a person stops being a homosexual when they stop participating in the activity?  Yes?

No, because Jesus laid down an important principle for us in the Sermon on the Mount.   Lusting after a woman who is not your wife is just as much a sin, according to Jesus as if you carried out the act.  Jesus said that if man is lusting, he has already committed adultery in his heart.  The principle sets forth a behavioral paradigm that can be applied to any sin.   Jesus said that if you hate a person in your heart, you are guilty of murdering that person in your heart.

The point is that sin begins inwardly long before it is carried out in the flesh.   Being an inward homosexual is as bad as being a practicing homosexual.  The sin of homosexuality begins in the heart and mind of a person.   So the principle is not just that we should not practice sin, but that there should be nothing in our hearts that would prompt such a sin, the first place.