• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,961
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  0

:24:

The way I look at in now....I do have an abundance...I am prosperous....I have the love of the Lord...I have peace...security, happiness, I am rich already :24:

Just remember seed does not equal money :wub: we plant the seed of love and forgivness, kindness and patience.

Love and Blessings,

Angel

Guest firedancerforhim
God wants His people to prosper but so much of the teaching has gotten out of hand. 

I look at Benny Hinn who lives in a 10.5 million dollar home on the beach in Southern Calif, has a fleet of Rolls Royces, flys on a private jet and is who suits are all custom made at a very hefty price tag I'm sure, and has band of private body guards and has become completely untouchable. I once heard Fredick Price tell his congregation that "Why are you driving Ford and Chevys when you should be driving Cadillacs, One morning he was talking about how he and his wife just decided to take a trip to Paris on the Concord,(before they were all grounded) I then found out that to take this trip it was $8,000 per person to take a trip on this jet.  That's $16,000 for just the tickets.  He then went on to say he bought a brand new car for his wifes birthday, and paid cash for it.  HE also has a fleet of Rolls Royces that he is very proud of.  I hear people like Mike Murdock plead to have people send him thousands, while he proudly shows off a Rolax watch, and suits that cost thousand of dollars.  Then there is Robert Tilton..This is the one that really leaves me speechless.  He ask for people to send him $1000, and if you do that....God is going to pay off all your bills!  ummm I would like to ask where all this money goes?  Well I know he has a huge motorhome that is like a rolling Penthouse, and he too has a Rolls Royce.  He never says where the money goes just that if you send it to him, you will be out of debt.  Where does all this money come from.  You got it, US.  The ones who would have to save a lifetime for a trip to Paris on any jet let alone one that would cost us $16,000.  I don't know anyone who owns Rolls Royces, not even one, and none of l my husbands suits are  custom made.  But you know what? our needs are met.

God told us that we are to be wise stewards with our money not to use the money that is sent in for ministry to be used to live like a king.  I have a problem with that.  The most important is sharing Christ with a lost and dying world.  We are told to test the spirits.  I think we should do the same with a "minister" who begs for money for a ministry then lives like a king.  Something is wrong.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

• Topic Count:  123
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,111
  • Content Per Day:  0.39

Look at the lifestyles of the prosperity teachers. They all have incredibly expensive homes (many more than one), boats, numerous cars, fancy clothes and jewelry.

You forgot the really, really big hair . :24::wub:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  105
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

Greetings OneWhoIsSeeking,

I pray you the blessings of the Father and the Son :cool:

The following chapter illuminates me in reference to this issue:

[iI Peter 2:1-22]

1 but there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily (secretly) shall bring in damnable heresies (beliefs or views held by a member of a church that contradict its orthodoxy, or core doctrines), even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

2 And many shall follow their pernicious (deadly) ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.

3 And through covetousness (enviousness) shall they with feigned (artificial, insincere, phony) words make merchandise (Goods bought and sold) of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth (rest) not.

4 For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness (ignorance), to be reserved unto judgment;

5 And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly;

6 And turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly;

7 And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy (Offensive to accepted standards of decency) conversation (ways, behavior and manner of life) of the wicked:

8 (For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed (Irritated, distressed, or annoyed) his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds :thumbsup:

9 The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

10 But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they, selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities.

11 Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

12 But these, as natural brute (Lacking or showing a lack of reason or intelligence; stupid) beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;

13 And shall receive the reward of unrighteousness, as they that count it pleasure to riot (wild or wanton living) in the day time. Spots they are and blemishes, sporting themselves with their own deceivings while they feast with you;

14 Having eyes full of adultery, and that cannot cease from sin; beguiling unstable souls: an heart they have exercised with covetous (envious) practices; cursed children:

15 Which have forsaken the right way, and are gone astray, following the way of Balaam the son of Bosor, who loved the wages of unrighteousness;

16 But was rebuked for his iniquity: the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

17 These are wells without water, clouds that are carried with a tempest; to whom the mist of darkness (ignorance) is reserved for ever.

18 for when they speak great swelling words (loud boasting) of vanity, they allure (entice) through the lusts of the flesh, through much wantonness (A complete surrender of inhibitions), those that were clean escaped from them who live in error.

19 While they promise them liberty (freedom), they themselves are the servants (slaves) of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

20 For if after they have escaped the pollutions of the world through the knowledge of the Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ, they are again entangled therein, and overcome, the latter end is worse with them than the beginning.

21 for it had been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than, after they have known it, to turn from the holy commandment delivered unto them.

22 but it is happened unto them according to the true proverb, The dog is turned to his own vomit again; and the sow that was washed to her wallowing in the mire.

Don

• Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

Well, I have had it actually WORK in my life at times. Unfortunately NOW is not one of those times.......

I think the 'Prosperity Preachers' forget that passage in Deuteronomy 28 where God says He '...will bless your coming in and your going out.' Right now I'm afraid my 'going out' has been blessed far in excess of my 'coming in'!!!!

But the best Prosperity Gospel I know of is to ask my Brethren at Worthy to pray for our (truly dreadful) financial situation.

Thanks guys and gals!!!