• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  01/06/1974

Have you considered just rebuilding your old one? It isn't all that hard,and you get the satisfaction of saving $.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

Prayer......my friend :mgcheerful:  That is where you begin! Always honor God first with your fruits of harvest / $ .

I couldn't agree more.  Prayer is always, always where I begin.  It's been in prayer for a month because that's when I first realized what my tax refund would be.  And, like I said, I'm sure God will respond when the time is right.  And I'll obey because that's all I want to do is please Him.  Usually, when I bring something before the Father in prayer, I can leave it there and receive His peace.  But, since it still occupies my thoughts to an extent, I'd thought I might as well try to learn from the brethren and their experiences.

Have you considered just rebuilding your old one? It isn't all that hard,and you get the satisfaction of saving $.

Me?  I just heard everyone I know die laughing!  Allow me to lay out a few facts about my life:

1.  I'm often asked if I'm Amish because, other than my iMac, the only other technology I have is a stove and a refrigerator. 

2.  My friends call me Charles Ingalls, Jr. 

3.  If you want to send me mail, it has to go back in time to reach me.

4.  I was pulled, kicking and screaming, into the 20th century.  (Yes, I know it's the 21st now.)

5.  I like asking other people what time it is!  Of course, it usually leaves them speechless.  Poor dears aren't used to human interaction. 

6.  Someone tried to "fist bump" me once and I thought they were trying to hit me. 

7.  Electricity is just a fad.

Ok, so that last one is a stretch.  (It's more like a habit.)  I never intended or tried to be old-fashioned.  It just happened.  A piece of technology would come along and I instantly saw how it would hinder society.  For example - microwaves?  Even as a kid, I immediately saw the demise of patience and people eating healthy, homemade food.  I finally got a computer because 1) it's silly to be completely detached from (and ignorant of) the rest of the world, and 2) I use it for godly purposes only - fellowship, listening to/watching sermons from men of God that I respect, and volunteering to help others by doing some writing.  I don't do Tweetering, MySpace, FacePalm, shopping, or other things like that.  I like the YouTube though.  There's more Bible teaching on there (as well as heresy) than some cultures get in a lifetime.  The comments make me cry though.  Such division and arguing among the professing body of Christ!  And I still don't understand the purpose of hashtags or why people put the "#" in front of them.  When it comes to internet lingo, I don't get it at all.  I wish people would just buy a vowel already.  Teachers and employers have told me that that lingo has invaded schoolwork and workplace communications.  And to that, I can only say, "Maranatha!  Come Lord Jesus!"

I did learn how to install more memory on my iMac though!  It was quite the accomplishment.  I could feel a dozen angels gathered around me, breathing down my neck to see the miracle firsthand.   

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

Building a new computer is a great idea, Keryvic. You can adapt the performances for what you need.

Then Almost Home could give the $avings to whatever.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,715
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

you could just buy yourself and her both a new, but less expensive computer. First and foremost, pray about it, but the thing is, sometimes in order to effectively minister to others, we need to take care of ourselves. You said it yourself, you use this computer as an effective tool to fellowship with and grow, with God. If you can purchase a new computer and use it for the same, and not let it become an idol (which you didnt with the first) then I see no reason not to. :D

LOL.....sounds like you are blessed my friend. I must admit i am not familiar  with Mac products,but have replace some components/graphics card/harddrive ect. on my PC.

Edited by Kreyvic

Building a new computer is a great idea, Keryvic. You can adapt the performances for what you need.

Then Almost Home could give the $avings to whatever.

If you know of a way to turn Tinkertoys or Lincoln Logs into a computer, I'm all ears!

LOL...believe it or not I could build a computer  case for you out of lincoln logs.

you could just buy yourself and her both a new, but less expensive computer. First and foremost, pray about it, but the thing is, sometimes in order to effectively minister to others, we need to take care of ourselves. You said it yourself, you use this computer as an effective tool to fellowship with and grow, with God. If you can purchase a new computer and use it for the same, and not let it become an idol (which you didnt with the first) then I see no reason not to. :D

We all have danger areas when it comes to certain things becoming idols in our lives.  For me, technology isn't one of them!  A cast iron skillet, maybe.

Yeah, just keeping it in prayer.  At least talking about it will have me thinking about it less.  If you see me on here in mid-February with a fancy new font that's not fading, you'll know I got a new computer.  I just changed the ink in this one and it's still typing too light.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  1,661
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  2

There you go, just like some of my friends who get so excited about building a computer they do it for nothing. I never let them go unpaid though.