• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

Can God change His mind?

Can God postpone or delay His blessing or promise to someone,because of sin?

Can not paying tithe hinder someone,from experiencing God's financial breakthrough?

can God delay His promise to someone on a particular month,because the person He intend to use,refuse to do what He instructed Him?

what do you guys think.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  23
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I do not believe God changes his mind. If you are going to be disobedient when he wants to bless you, he would know that you were going to be disobedient, and if that was really a reason not to bless you, you would not have been receiving that blessing in the first place. If that was a bit confusing... let's try this....

God wants to bless you, and he doesn't need to make it conditional because he already knows if you will meet those conditions or not. He will either bless you despite disobedience, or not. If you refuse, let us remember Jonah, and that God will use extreme measures to get you to carry out his will if he feels he needs to. Jonah was swallowed by a whale. It could not have smelled that great in there, and I doubt the cuisine was very good either. How much better his life would have been if he had not refused.

I hope this helps brother. God bless you.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  427
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  05/20/1980

I do not believe God changes his mind. If you are going to be disobedient when he wants to bless you, he would know that you were going to be disobedient, and if that was really a reason not to bless you, you would not have been receiving that blessing in the first place. If that was a bit confusing... let's try this....

God wants to bless you, and he doesn't need to make it conditional because he already knows if you will meet those conditions or not. He will either bless you despite disobedience, or not. If you refuse, let us remember Jonah, and that God will use extreme measures to get you to carry out his will if he feels he needs to. Jonah was swallowed by a whale. It could not have smelled that great in there, and I doubt the cuisine was very good either. How much better his life would have been if he had not refused.

I hope this helps brother. God bless you.

thanks for looking into my post,

i appreciate your replied,

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,244
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Sometimes the answers are hindered as with Daniel. But normally when finances are involved it may be because we are seaking wealth instead of His Kingdom and His righteousness. In Matthew we are told that God knows all our needs but to seak Him and not worldly gain.

I realize you have had problems. Our friend has had identity theft and his credit is ruined, his phone was disconnected, and this has gone on for 8 months. $4000. was stolen. He keeps waiting for this to be resolved but it has not happened and he is stressed and troubled. We have prayed daily for this money to be returned to him.

All we can do is trust that God is faithful to answer prayers and it will happen in His time.

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  195
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I do actually think man's actions can change God's plans to some degree.

Not in the sense that what God sets out to fulfil, wont come about - God knows the beginning from the end.    

But I do believe it is possible that things can be delayed or that if appointed servants fail to carry out God's plans, then another person will be given the task instead.

A biblical example of this is Saul and David.  

Saul was chosen by God and at first things started off okay but then he failed  - see 1 Sam 13 v 13

And Samuel said to Saul, You have done foolishly! You have not kept the commandment of the Lord your God which He commanded you; for  the Lord would have

established your kingdom over Israel forever.  But now your kingdom shall not continue, the Lord had sought out David a man after His own heart and the Lord has 

commanded him to be prince and ruler over His people, because you have not kept what the Lord commanded you. Amp

Just think, if Saul had continued to obey God, then David would not have been King. Its a sobering thought.

Incidentally while David also had his problems, he always took responsibility and repented, while Saul tried to blame others.

I think the matter of tithing is very personal.  I know some people think tithing is correct and that it would be wrong not to  and if they feel convicted on this, then

it is probably right for that person to tithe.  

On the other hand some feel tithing was for the OT only and not applicable to the NT.

My own personal view is that everything we have comes from God and when it comes to giving, it is not a matter of deciding what amount of your own money you give to

God, it is more a matter of how much of God's money does a person keep for themselves. That puts a very different perspective on things.

I do believe that if we are open handed, God does fill it!  I have seen that so much in my own life, and its not really about how much but its about the heart.

God bless

PPS as Willa has said, the thief also comes to take and destroy and circumstances can happen beyond our control.

In such circumstances I would suggest praying in faith that God will restore 7 fold what has been taken  Proverbs 6 v 31.

Some pastors turn tithing into bondage, as though our prosperity were tied to it. That was true in the old testament. But we are to give out of the abundance of our hearts from our INCREASE. That means if we have had problems and don't have money to give, we aren't bound to give. People who lose their jobs are not bound to give. In fact, none of us is bound to give anything. We are not under the law. We give out of the abundance of our hearts. We are taught otherwise by greedy pastors. One church called and demanded money, even when I explained that we had no savings and no money to give. God's servents should never beg for money or demand money.

We don't attend that church any longer. The one that we attend now never asks for money for itself or its buildings but trusts God to supply its needs. It took a year or two for God to heal us from the bondage other churches had put us under. Even so, I have had a desire to give to His work from the time God filled me with His Spirit. So it is hard for me not to do so. But God does not want my money, He wants my heart. I had to learn that it is man and his greed that made it a law these days. And we are not under the law but are under grace.

I never trust a pastor who tells us if we give $1000 now, God will give us $10,000 later. God does bless us but sometimes the blessings are heavenly blessings and not money. If we give in hopes of getting rich, we give with a bad attitude and God usually does not bless that. We should never give in order to get more money. Pastors who tell us these things may have been taught wrongly, but usually they are greedy and are themselves not trusting God. I have seen some make a circus of it, having people come forward and put money on the pulpit for God to multiply it, and come again to give more if they want a larger increase. Giving should not be a public display. We should give in secret. It makes me want to chase the money changers out of God's house.

So I am telling you that if you fell for one of these worthless promises to get rich, you probably will lose your money.

Hi Willa I agree entirely on the above. Definately should not give to receive, but from a willingness of heart I think you put it across better then I did.

Praise God because he has looked after me both in my poverty and when I have been better off.

I remember a time when I was made redundant and it took 8 months to find a job. In the meantime I did some temporary work for a christian charity and then when that work was over I continued to do voluntary work for them without pay while I found another job.

When I did get the job I then had to work a month before getting paid but I also had to sign off unemployment benefit so there was very little money left to live on for a month. At one point there was virtually no food left in the house, when out of the blue, a distant family relative turned up with bags of groceries! There was no money to give or tithe but God still provided.

On the other hand I have given and done so willingly, not because a pastor made a request and I felt compelled by another person, but because I wanted to and have been happy to do so and have given with joy. It has not always even been to my church, there has been times when I have given to other sources, but I have always found that I cannot outgive God.

I've lost track of the number of times I have given, only to receive an unexpected cheque or refund of some description. But then another unexpected need has come up, sometimes my own but often the need of another person and so God has provided for that next need in advance.

I've never given to receive, it's just how things have worked out and I can only brag in the Lord for His provision. Though as indicated above when you do receive its not always for your own need, it could be for someone else's.

That had also been by experience, Blue Gem. When I give while not expecting anything in return, God has always met my need and even sometimes replaced the same amoung of cash I had given but from a stranger! Sometimes we gave annonamously to disaster victims we knew, sometimes to missions where there was no tax write off, and always to wherever the Lord led us. As my friend used to say, I may be poor but I sure am rich!