• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

If we had a deal with Iran, they would not honor it.   They are not an honorable government and the minute our guard is down, they would shoot us in the back.   No deals with Iran. We just need turn the screws and make it very, very painful for them to create a nuclear weapon.

Exactly.  While I don't think the U.S. government is honorable either, the Iranian government is at least forthright in how they feel.  They call the U.S. "the big satan" and have stated repeatedly that there will never be any agreements between the two governments.  They've also proven that any agreements they have made in the past, can't be trusted.  The only thing that can be trusted about them is that they won't hold up their end of any bargain.  Just like Hamas can't hold a truce.

Guest shiloh357

Sam,

Iran is controlled by a Shia death cult that would love nothing else than to wipe out Israel and at least hit the US with a nuclear weapon.  If they had one, they would use it.   This is a rogue nation that we cannot allow to have a nuclear weapon.     We don't want to find what would happen.  They cannot be allowed to have such a thing.   They are a menace without nuclear weapons and thy would be even worse when they get one. 

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/20/1959

Shiloh:

I get that Iran talks a lot of trash, but have their actions backed it up, ever? Talk is cheap, when your actions will bring about your death they are harder to do than to say.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  733
  • Topics Per Day:  0.10
  • Content Count:  3,017
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  04/09/1966

What has Iran done to the US?

Does anyone find the stance of the US on atomic weapons a bit hypocritical? We are the only nation to ever use on against anyone else and over the last two decades we have been the most aggressive country on the planet, invading sovereign nations, sending troops to all parts of the world and more.

what moral ground do we have to stand in?

Shiloh:

I get that Iran talks a lot of trash, but have their actions backed it up, ever? Talk is cheap, when your actions will bring about your death they are harder to do than to say.

Sam, it's important to remember that you don't have all the facts.  You know only what you hear on the news - a notorious entity for lies and propaganda.  Have you ever visited Iranian news sites and seen first-hand what they say?  Do you understand Islam and how it shapes their government and policies?  Do you understand the Qu'ran's eschatology and see how that shapes their decisions?  Even their decisions to choose not to attack the U.S. yet? 

You're relying too much on your own understanding.  Proverbs 3:5, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding."

Guest shiloh357

Sam,

These are people who are part of a religion that glorifies death and they are more than willing to die in order to destroy infidels.  They are not operating from the same perspective we are.  They celebrate death.  When you have an enemy that wants you dead and is willing to die himself to make it happen, when he willing to sacrifice his own children to facilitate your death, then it becomes clear, someone is going to die;  either you or him.

People in the west do not generally speaking, have a point of reference for just how this Islamic mentality operates.  They  are more than willing to ante up and the Muslim world has proven that to us over and over.   Iran bankrolls terrorism against the west and Israel.

You can't wait until they decide to make good on their threats.  The Holocaust taught us that when a crazed psychopath says he means to destroy you, believe him.   He means every word of it.  There are countries like this that we cannot let create a nuclear weapon.   

Edited to add:   If we do nothing and Iran gets a weapon and uses it on us or Israel, the very ones criticizing our attempts to prevent Iran from obtaining a nuclear weapon will be the same ones who will condemn our government not stopping Iran from getting the weapon.   By preventing Iran from obtaining a nuke, we are saving lives.

• Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Iran is an odd bird.

Before the Islamic revolution, Americans and Europeans helped to build Iran's nuclear power program.

After the Islamic revolution, the building of Bushehr was stopped. Later, Iran contracted with Russia to

finish building Bushehr [ironically, the head of Russia's nuclear power agency is half Jewish.]

I have a unique take on Iran because it has a unique and important place in Old Testament history.

I believe God's Ark of the Covenant was hidden in Elam [where God's anointed king, Cyrus, first arose.]

Elam is now part of Iran... the Bushehr abomination was built in what was once ancient Elam.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

SA,

You are demonstrating a very predictable pattern with your stance on social and national security issues.

Do you honestly believe that the US is the only nation that opposes Iran getting a nuclear weapon?

I can name about 200 others that oppose that also, many of them in the Middle East.  So, it doesn't matter if you believe the US is hypocritical or not, we aren't the only nation that believes a Nuclear Iran is a bad thing.  We've heard the argument (the US doesn't have a right to determine who gets nuclear weapons and who doesn't since its the only nation in the world to use them on an enemy),as well, dozens of times.  Iran can't be a belligerent state, threatening its neighbors and a religious supremacist and then wonder why the world doesn't trust it with nuclear weapons.

Ask yourself why Russia and China want Iran to have nuclear weapons, how is it in their best interests?  It is to weaken the US influence and global hegemony over trade.

You have to really hate your country and your countrymen if you want to see it/them weakened militarily, socially, and economically.

• Content Count:  257
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  04/20/1959

Keith:

I rely on more than the news, if that was all I relied on I would live in fear of Iran like the rest of you. I find it odd you speak of your own understand if Iran and then tell me I rely too much on my own understanding.

Shiloh:

We heard all sorts of stories of doom and gloom if North Korea ever got a nuke. Well they have had one a while and the worst they have done is maybe hack Sony Pictures.

Justin:

I do not hate my country, I love it deeply, but that does not require that I share your blind devotion to it. You speak of harm to our country...how much harm did a decade long invasion of a country that was no threat to us and cost trillions of dollars and 36,000 plus wounded and dead military members do? We hear a lot in the press about how dangerous Iran is, can anyone give me some specific actions they have taken? How many countries have they invaded in the last 30 or 40 years?

• Content Count:  98
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

We hear a lot in the press about how dangerous Iran is, can anyone give me some specific actions they have taken? How many countries have they invaded in the last 30 or 40 years?

Maybe "Mystery Babylon" is still ticked off that an "Iranian" conquered ancient Babylon :)

Guest shiloh357

Iran has stated their commitment to destroying Israel and their threat to wipe out Israel is certifiable.   Many countries understand the threat that Iran poses.   You don't wait until they act before you decide to do something about a dangerous country like Iran.   Iran has to be prevented from getting a nuclear weapon.  They are a dangerous nation and not even other Muslim nations want Iran to have a nuke.   They must know something that you don't know, Sam.

And the comparison with N. Korea isn't really adequate.  N. Korea isn't Iran.