IGNORED

Obama has a dig at Christianity, and excuses Islam

OakWood

Guest shiloh357

The Left is historically illiterate and that includes the president.   He reaches back to over 1000 years ago to dredge up the Crusades, but the Crusades were brought on by Muslim aggression.   Muslims were slaughtering Christians who were making pilgrimages to the Holy Land and that is the catalyst for the start of the Crusades.  The Crusades were not an evangelistic attempt at spreading Christianity.

Islam on the other hand spreads itself and advances its cause(s) by the sword.  It is an evil ideology.  Muslim countries are generally as bad as China and N. Korea when it comes to human rights violations, especially against Christians.

It's Muslims who are killing Jews, bombing buildings beheading and crucifying Christians and other Muslims as well.   ISIS is the true face of Islam.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

The Left is historically illiterate and that includes the president.   He reaches back to over 1000 years ago to dredge up the Crusades, but the Crusades were brought on by Muslim aggression.   Muslims were slaughtering Christians who were making pilgrimages to the Holy Land and that is the catalyst for the start of the Crusades.  The Crusades were not an evangelistic attempt at spreading Christianity.

Islam on the other hand spreads itself and advances its cause(s) by the sword.  It is an evil ideology.  Muslim countries are generally as bad as China and N. Korea when it comes to human rights violations, especially against Christians.

It's Muslims who are killing Jews, bombing buildings beheading and crucifying Christians and other Muslims as well.   ISIS is the true face of Islam.

I would go so far as to say that China has better human rights than any Islamic republic. At least they don't bind and gag their women, ban music, tell you what clothes you can and cannot wear and expect everybody to pray in a mosque five times a day. They don't have cruel and unusual punishments either. I was in China around ten years ago and I'd rather be there than in any Middle East swamp that I've ever visited.

In fact as long as you don't criticise the government or break any laws, you're more or less free to do what you want in China

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I would go so far as to say that China has better human rights than any Islamic republic. At least they don't bind and gag their women, ban music, tell you what clothes you can and cannot wear and expect everybody to pray in a mosque five times a day. They don't have cruel and unusual punishments either. I was in China around ten years ago and I'd rather be there than in any Middle East swamp that I've ever visited.

In fact as long as you don't criticise the government or break any laws, you're more or less free to do what you want in China

You mean not lately. 

Footbinding was an abominable practice. Millions died during the great revolutions in china in the mid to late 1900s. Lots of stuff is banned in china too. The director of the blue kite was banned from making movies in china or showing them there because of the scathing portrayal of communist china in that film.

Guest shiloh357

The president tries to draw a moral equivalency between the Crusaders and ISIS.   He tries to put both on the same moral level as if they are both guilty of the same sins.   Yet he has no problem identifying the Crusaders as Christians, but refuses to identify ISIS as Muslims. 

• Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  867
  • Topics Per Day:  0.24
  • Content Count:  7,331
  • Content Per Day:  1.99
  • Days Won:  31
  • Birthday:  04/28/1964

You mean not lately. 

Footbinding was an abominable practice. Millions died during the great revolutions in china in the mid to late 1900s. Lots of stuff is banned in china too. The director of the blue kite was banned from making movies in china or showing them there because of the scathing portrayal of communist china in that film.

Sure, I'm not condoning them, just pointing out the lesser of evils today.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

Quote Shiloh: "Yet he has no problem identifying the Crusaders as Christians, but refuses to identify ISIS as Muslims."

Why does the President refer to Mohamed as "the prophet," when he gives no such deference to Jesus?

I have a theory. When he attended Jeremiah Wright's church (for 20+ years) he learned about "black Jesus" through black liberation theology. He is of the opinion that American Christianity is a "white man's religion" used to justify the oppression of minorities.
The President knows that as bad as slavery was, it cannot stand alone in comparison with the barbarity of modern day Islamists, so he attempted to link it with the Crusades as if white American Christians are modern day crusaders.
When he stated "Lest we get on our high horse..." Who was he talking/lecturing to? The American Christians at the prayer breakfast. No modern day Christians are advocating we go on a crusade against the Islamists.

This was his attempt to quell our legitimate moral outrage as a civilized nation against the barbarity of the Islamists, by trying to shame us into passivity, by condemning us for a past we inherited and took no part in.

He can't say we are no longer a Christian nation, then condemn us for our past when it is convenient. What he said at that prayer breakfast was ignorant, reprehensible and slanderous of all the Christians that fought to liberate the slaves and end Jim crow and restore the rights to black Americans. His party nearly destroyed the nation to keep slaves, then discriminated against the black community for another 100 years, terrorizing it with violence and burning crosses whenever they (blacks) stepped out of line.

The only ones that should be shamed are the democrats for their abhorrent treatment of the black community, but this president bears no shame for his party's past, and instead tries to bludgeon all who oppose him with it.

He is a cruel and vindictive person, I do not see Christ's love in him from deeds or speech.