Guest shiloh357

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  39
  • Topic Count:  101
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,673
  • Content Per Day:  1.31
  • Days Won:  67

I always found this whole thing odd, I pledge my allegiance to Jesus Christ, not a flag of a nation that doesn't even acknowledge the very rights its laws grant me.

Guest shiloh357

Wingnut, the Pledge of Allegiance is not a negation of one's allegiance to Christ.    I can be a patriotic American and love this country and be loyal to it without threatening my commitment to Jesus.   In fact it is the teachings of Jesus that formed, in part, the foundation on which this country was built.   I am proud to honor that heritage.

Wingnut, the Pledge of Allegiance is not a negation of one's allegiance to Christ.    I can be a patriotic American and love this country and be loyal to it without threatening my commitment to Jesus.   In fact it is the teachings of Jesus that formed, in part, the foundation on which this country was built.   I am proud to honor that heritage.

I understand the premise, but will you still pledge your allegiance once they have taken your religious rights from you?  Basically they already have, you can now be charged with a hate crime for disagreeing with certain agendas.

Guest shiloh357

My allegiance is to the country, not the government.  I draw a distinction between the two.  I pledge allegiance to the America the flag represents even when the government acts in a way that is contrary to that America.   The pledge is not a declaration of infallibility on the part of our government by any stretch of the imagination.

My allegiance is to the country, not the government.  I draw a distinction between the two.  I pledge allegiance to the America the flag represents even when the government acts in a way that is contrary to that America.   The pledge is not a declaration of infallibility on the part of our government by any stretch of the imagination.

Are they acting contrary to America though?  The pledge does speak of one nation, with liberty and justice for all, yet many are quick to trample on the liberty of others because of their personal feelings or beliefs.  Which is kinda why we find ourselves in the mess we are in.  The bill of rights has been trampled under foot at this point, and in large part we as christians are responsible for that happening.  I have always seen liberty as a God given right, whether one chooses God or not is their freedom of choice.  People often argue about legislating morality, but that cannot be done without squashing liberty.  To truly embrace liberty, one has to be willing to allow the opposing view to shout out what they would spend a lifetime opposing.

We will quickly embrace legislation that supports our beliefs, without consideration for those in opposition and their liberty.  As the numbers have changed, we now find ourselves on the wrong end of the majority.  Very soon, our churches will be silenced in regards to speaking on certain things, and those FEMA camps they have been building all across this nation will get their use.

Guest shiloh357

I hear you, wingnut, but when I recite the pledge, I am thinking of what the flag stands for, not the government itself.  I am not swearing allegiance to a president or to the Congress or to any person or group.   It is the true American values that I believe that the flag represents that is the focus of my patriotism.

No King But KING Jesus~!

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war. His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.

And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.

And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.

And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS. Revelation 19:11-16