• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  200
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  1,602
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  8
  • Birthday:  01/01/1986

I have a very conservative Southern Baptist Church and we specifically state in our by-laws that homosexuals are welcome to attend, but may not become members, much less participate in any ministry in the fellowship. 

We have been criticized for that by more than one person.  

Practicing homosexuals, or homosexuals in general?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

The irony is that the real idolatry taking place is the worship of carnal desires over the desires of God.  1st Commandment.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

Once the Baptist church loses its franchise, maybe it will return to its roots.  Until then, I encourage all bible believing Baptist churches to secede from the Baptists and become a nondenominational, Christian fundamentalist church.

You've hit the nail on the head.  Even the Independent Baptists (who seceded from the denominations to become more "biblical") have been compromising their Biblicism over the last few decades and accepting the doctrines of men. If believers and churches are not constantly watchful, that's what happens.  And it begins at the top. The word "watch" is repeated by the Lord again and again because without watchfulness you will experience what happened to the seven churches of Asia (Rev 3:2). "Hold fast which thou hast, that no man take thy crown" (Rev 3:11).

Guest shiloh357

Tinky,

Those rules apply to both the practicing homosexual, as well as a non-practicing homosexual who acknowledges his or her condition, but sees nothing wrong with the gay lifestyle. 

For the person who admits to having those tendencies, but knows it is a sin and is honestly struggling with it and wants to be delivered from it and is seeking the Lord, he or she must agree to be in a watchcare/discipleship program.  They also know that we are praying for them and that we are supporting them.   We want to be compassionate, but we also must protect the ministry. 

You would be surprised how many who allege that they are Christians see nothing wrong with it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Tinky,

Those rules apply to both the practicing homosexual, as well as a non-practicing homosexual who acknowledges his or her condition, but sees nothing wrong with the gay lifestyle. 

For the person who admits to having those tendencies, but knows it is a sin and is honestly struggling with it and wants to be delivered from it and is seeking the Lord, he or she must agree to be in a watchcare/discipleship program.  They also know that we are praying for them and that we are supporting them.   We want to be compassionate, but we also must protect the ministry. 

You would be surprised how many who allege that they are Christians see nothing wrong with

Do you do this with other things too? Like drug/alcohol addiction or anything else? Im curious.

Guest LadyC

Tinky,

You would be surprised how many who allege that they are Christians see nothing wrong with it.

i wouldn't be surprised. it seems more and more "Christians" are drinking the kool-aid. 

Guest shiloh357

Jade, sorry I didn't get to this sooner.  I got busy in other threads.  

We have had people with drug, and other addictions come and give their lives to Jesus and they are getting the help they need and we support them in that.    We handle homosexuality in a different way, not because it is a worse sin, but because the nature of the sin requires it be handled differently. 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,796
  • Content Per Day:  6.20
  • Days Won:  58

Jade, sorry I didn't get to this sooner.  I got busy in other threads.  

We have had people with drug, and other addictions come and give their lives to Jesus and they are getting the help they need and we support them in that.    We handle homosexuality in a different way, not because it is a worse sin, but because the nature of the sin requires it be handled differently. 

Ok. Thanks. I was curious (nosy lol).