science study shows one male ancestor for all humans

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.73
  • Days Won:  226

When science contadicts scripture, than there is a problem. What is to interpret when GOD says HE created everything in 6 literal days? Morning and night equals one day. Nothing to interpret. GOD or man? Whom do you choose to believe? You can't serve both!

Another winner Parker....you are the man   :grin:

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sigh. I didnt post this because I was trying to show a timeline. Given that science keeps changing how long ago something happened shows me how flawed their dating methods are. 

I posted this to show that science admits there is a single male and a single female ancestor for all of humanity, even if they do get the dating wrong.

Parker, if this is addressed to me:

You have to make a choice; Do you believe GOD or do you believe man invented science? If you don't believe GOD, who told us exactly how HE made the World, how can you believe that HE will save us the way that HE said HE would?

Then you clearly do not know anything about me. I put the Lord ahead of science.

It wasn't adressed to you. Just as your post wasn't addressed to me. I happen to agree with you, GOD gives us all we need to know, science is flawed at it's core.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

It wasn't adressed to you. Just as your post wasn't addressed to me. I happen to agree with you, GOD gives us all we need to know, science is flawed at it's core.

You probably don't really know what science is and how it is conducted.

Clearly God doesn't provide all you need to know, else we wouldn't go to school to learn 'worldly' things and how to survive while on Earth. God through the Bible only provides you the essentials of what you need to know to be spiritually alive on Earth and beyond that.

Guest shiloh357

Udx, Parker didn't mean that God gave all we need to know in life.   He was speaking in the context of origins.   A little commonsense helps.  God provided us we need to know about where humanity came from.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  684
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  2

Udx, Parker didn't mean that God gave all we need to know in life.   He was speaking in the context of origins.   A little commonsense helps.  God provided us we need to know about where humanity came from.

Science is the in the business of fleshing out all the details of a phenomenon. Parker made it a either or choice, either you believe in God or you believe in science, when there was no conflict present. Often when there is a conflict, it is the fault of misinterpreting scripture. Science help us understand scripture in better light.

Guest shiloh357

There are points where we have to believe the Bible over what scientists claim.   Good science will never be at odds with the Bible, but God has told us what we NEED to know about where come from and I don't see that Parker made it a choice between God or science, per se.   Disbelieving what some scientists claim in deference to the Bible is a rejection of science.   It's  a matter of keeping the Bible in the place of preeminence that it deserves.  

Guest Teditis

"Pure Science" can helps us understand the Cosmos as God created it.

Unfortunately, modern science has because awash in relativism and humanistic

attempts to disprove God... the bulk of science academia has lost their way in

regard to rational thought.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,800
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

Science is the in the business of fleshing out all the details of a phenomenon. Parker made it a either or choice, either you believe in God or you believe in science, when there was no conflict present. Often when there is a conflict, it is the fault of misinterpreting scripture. Science help us understand scripture in better light.

Wow. 

Science > scripture. 

Guest shiloh357

Part of the problem Udx  is you are placing science above the Bible.   If there is a conflict, the problem is  not how we are interpreting the Bible.   So it is science you are declaring to be infallible and science should be the standard by which the Bible is judge.

That's the problem with Christianity today.   We have allowed science and   Hollywood to hijack the interpretation of Scripture.   Sorry, but as a Christian, I reject your position and will hold that the Bible is superior to science and if there is a conflict, it is because science hasn't caught up with the Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,994
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,692
  • Content Per Day:  11.73
  • Days Won:  226

There are some Scientists who are Christians.My brother was a Scientist and he was an atheist.He thought if he could not see God and if He could not be proven,which he said could not,he did not believe.