• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  39
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/25/1983

sometimes people are put in our life as a life lesson. not because we deserve it but to see if we are strong enough to forgive them and move on. i have been on this end of the friendship it took a long time to forgive them but holding on to it only hurt me.  praying for you 

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  93
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  08/05/1965

prayer will help you

ive been there and the truth always come out like a ferocious lion I find in my life. people will do this . satan disguises himself in many sheeps clothes and so do his demons . just watch the next time you get a new friend. pray about them before exposing yourself fully to tthem

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

I think, you should think whether what the person says is true or not. If it's not true you should ask someone you trust to become mediator between you, have a time to discuss in three, but you must pray to God first to invite Him in this discussion. Find the best solution. But if its true, maybe you should take it as something you must learn. Sometimes we need critics to improve our self to become a better. Don't worry God works in everything. Rome 8:28 

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  68
  • Topic Count:  186
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  14,242
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  30

Jesus died for that person,, too. He was betrayed by Judas, denied by Peter, and mocked by his crucifiers. Yet he hung on the cross saying "Father, forgive them, they know no what they do."

If you are a Christian, His spirit lives in you. Let Jesus love her and forgive her through you. Tell God you can't do it without His help. He is faithful.

Most of us have gone through this and know your pain. My small group leader bitterly meligned me to my face and verbally abused me in public. I had no idea she hated me so and also believed her to be my friend. But God's love is greater in me than any evil from her. About all I could say to her was "I am sorry you feel that way." This is dying to self. My normal inclination would have been to retaliate.

"Greater is He that is in you, than he that is in the world." " In the world you will have tribulation, but be of good cheer, for I have overcome the world. " We are more than conquerors through Him who loved us.

Blessings,

Willa

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  8
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  1,499
  • Content Per Day:  0.43
  • Birthday:  03/31/1955

I am sorry this has happened to you , remember Jesus is with you .

Praying

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  72
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/18/1989

I have just found out that someone I thought of as a good friend has talked about me behind my back on more than one occasion, and not in a good way. Feel hurt and angered, I have done nothing to deserve this. Trying to let it go but finding that very hard. How do I handle this?

People will talk. People will always talk. ...Remember this.

Unfortunately this is something you and everyone else in the world who chooses to have friendships will deal with at some point or another. It's sad, but it happens. I'm sorry you've experienced this. I have a male friend who has experienced being talked and gossiped about behind his back on numerous occasions and was, unsurprisingly, quite hurt each time it happened. He always came to me for comforting and knew I'd lend an ear for him to vent. ...Each time I always reminded him of a particular downfall he has that is ultimately responsible for the unfortunate gossiping that often surrounds him, and that is his 'open' nature. Where being an open person who wears their heart on their sleeve can be a wonderful trait, it also has its drawbacks...and one of those drawbacks is that when you open up yourself to people you run a great risk of setting yourself up for ridicule, even if it's completely false. ...Again, people will talk. People can be very mean spirited. All people. Even you and me. So think twice before you share information about yourself, even if you're sharing it with your dearest and closest friend, because no matter how innocent the information is, it could very well come back to haunt you. Be sure that you want to take that risk.

Now, I'm not saying that you're a very open person who easily confides in those you're friends with and all that, but the ^above is something to consider. I would never advise someone to be, like, say...me for example, because I'm the complete opposite being extremely private and rather closed off. That trait too has it's ups and downs.

You should speak to your friend about the offense they've caused, assuming you haven't already done so. Because keeping silent and allowing the issue to brood won't do any good. So either you let it go and move on, or you talk to your friend and clear the air. There's a good chance your friend might not think they've done any wrong, and that'll make the situation much harder to deal with, but that's an outcome you need to be prepared for. Also, the Bible says that in this world offenses are going to come', but also states for us to be of good cheer, because Christ has overcome the world and all the offenses it brings. My point? ...This will pass. And with it will pass the pain you're feeling, but only if you choose to listen to that scripture and allow God to rule in your heart to help you forgive your friend and let this issue go.

Edited by Шарон

Guest Thallasa

Well as always I am so impressed by the wisdom of these posts,and feel there is nothing I could add ,and

am glad too, that you  brought it up, as I needed to hear what was said .   So I will pray for you, and myself too ,to understand

and 'hear' the truth from those who know their bible .

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,220
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  03/18/1966

Being hurt by a friend is always a painful thing to go thru. Just tell her you forgive her and move on. Be at peace with what you can do, you can't change someone else. Just learn from it and move on.  Some people grow up late in life and maybe do not see the error of their ways. I can only guess here. But you know what you can do? Finding your passion is the single most important ingredient for changing your world. Know your worth and your value. Exploring the desires of your heart its never a waste of time, maybe this is what God is stirring in your heart.

proverbs 13:19...."A longing fulfilled is sweet to the soul, but fools detest turning from evil".