WN: Vatican signs first treaty with 'State of Palestine'

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

If the RCC is a cult as you claim, when did it arise?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

littleflower has a very selective view of history.  

When Pius XII was silent about the holocaust, it was the same as saying, "It's okay."   Pius XII  didn't care about the Jews until the allies were winning.  He would have remained silent had the war went the other direction.  

I was just reading more about the Holocaust and the stance of the RCC. Pius XII was silent about the Holocaust, claiming neutrality demanded his silence. I don't know how a person would be neutral when 80% of the Jewish people in Europe were being slaughtered.

I don't understand what is so difficult about understanding that his public stance was a front to actually try to keep Hitler off balance so he didn't draw attention to Jews the Church was actively trying to save under the radar and that Jews wanted him to stay under the radar to protect them.    The information is there for any reasonable person to see.

That is all garbage. The rest of the history of Pius XII shows he did not care for or about the Jewish people. And, his lack of a public stance meant no resistance in the Catholic countries like Poland, France, etc. and people turned a blind eye to the millions of Jews taken to the death camps. Millions probably died because the pope would not renounce the Holocaust while it was happening. Pius XII, who had a position of powerful influence was worse then all the other people who pretended not to see. Pius XII knew what was going on as he received reports, and had the ability to influence people in many countries where the Jews were being slaughtered yet did nothing, kept silent. Knowing and keeping silent is much worse the pretending not to see.

Guest shiloh357

If I stand silently while a man is beating an innocent woman to death, my silence is tantamount to approval.  It is moral indifference.   Pius XII  was morally indifferent to what was happening to the Jews.   And there is no amount of history revisionism that will whitewash him and what he did. 

The opposite of love is not hate;  the opposite of love is indifference.   Pius XII from any reputable historical source was completely indifferent to the Holocaust and would not excommunicate Hitler until they knew Hitler would lose the war.

The RCC hierarchy was pro-Hitler until the end of the war.