• Followers:  34
  • Topic Count:  1,991
  • Topics Per Day:  0.48
  • Content Count:  48,689
  • Content Per Day:  11.80
  • Days Won:  226

bopeep1909 said in post 1:

This looks like something right from the book of Revelation

Indeed, for it brings to mind one of the vials of wrath which will occur during the final stage of the tribulation.

That is, the world won't experience the 7 last plagues of the 7 vials of God's wrath (Revelation chapters 15-16), the last stage of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, until after the never-fulfilled Revelation chapters 6 to 15 have been fulfilled. At the 1st vial, an awful sore will appear on only those people who will have received the Antichrist's mark and worshipped his image (Revelation 16:2). At the 2nd vial, the sea will become like the blood of a dead man, and every living creature in the sea will die (Revelation 16:3). At the 3rd vial, all natural, surface sources of fresh water will become blood (Revelation 16:4). At the 4th vial, men will be scorched with fire shot out from the sun (Revelation 16:8). This would be a solar-flare coronal mass ejection of solar plasma, which could make its way down to the surface of the earth due to the earth's magnetic field being disrupted during a magnetic-pole reversal which could occur near the end of the future tribulation.

At the 5th vial, the whole world will be plunged into literal darkness (Revelation 16:10). At the 6th vial, unclean spirits like frogs will come out of the mouths of Lucifer (the dragon, Satan: Revelation 12:9), and the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast), and the False Prophet (Revelation 16:13). And these unclean spirits like frogs will go forth and perform amazing miracles to convince the world's armies to gather together in an attempt to defeat YHWH God (Revelation 16:14, Revelation 19:19). The Euphrates will dry up so that the armies of "the kings of the east" (Revelation 16:12) (i.e. the vast armies of China, India, Pakistan, Japan, Iran, Indonesia) can easily cross the riverbed and gather at the "place" called Armageddon (Revelation 16:16) (Har Megiddo: Mount Megiddo in northern Israel). Once they have gathered there, as only a staging area, with all the other armies of the world (Revelation 16:14,16), they won't wage battle there (that is why the Bible doesn't refer to a "battle" of Armageddon). Instead, they will travel south to pillage Jerusalem, right before Jesus returns and defeats them (Zechariah 14:2-21, Revelation 19:19-21).

At the 7th vial, right before Jesus returns (Revelation 16:17,19, Revelation 19:2-21), there will be a huge earthquake which will affect the whole world (Revelation 16:18-20), and 100-pound hailstones will pummel the earth (Revelation 16:21). The 7th vial will also be when Revelation's symbolic (and worldwide) "Babylon" (Revelation chapters 17-18) will be destroyed (Revelation 16:19).

A solar flare that we are talking about does not scorch the earth . . . .  these come on a regular basis - like every 100 years.    We are overdue.    The reason that it will be so devastating to us is because man was never so reliant on technology so sensitive to such a phenomena before.

The earth was not scorched before.  It won't be scorched this time either.

Please interpret Revelation 16:8-9 for me.Do you think these events will happen?When?

Fourth Bowl: Men Are Scorched

Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory.

Bopeep, i don't predict when "events" out of Revelation will happen. I think to do so is an exercise in futility.

You do not have to predict it is all in the Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  5,457
  • Content Per Day:  1.69
  • Days Won:  37

Indeed, for it brings to mind one of the vials of wrath which will occur during the final stage of the tribulation.

That is, the world won't experience the 7 last plagues of the 7 vials of God's wrath (Revelation chapters 15-16), the last stage of the future tribulation of Revelation chapters 6 to 18 and Matthew 24, until after the never-fulfilled Revelation chapters 6 to 15 have been fulfilled. At the 1st vial, an awful sore will appear on only those people who will have received the Antichrist's mark and worshipped his image (Revelation 16:2). At the 2nd vial, the sea will become like the blood of a dead man, and every living creature in the sea will die (Revelation 16:3). At the 3rd vial, all natural, surface sources of fresh water will become blood (Revelation 16:4). At the 4th vial, men will be scorched with fire shot out from the sun (Revelation 16:8). This would be a solar-flare coronal mass ejection of solar plasma, which could make its way down to the surface of the earth due to the earth's magnetic field being disrupted during a magnetic-pole reversal which could occur near the end of the future tribulation.

At the 5th vial, the whole world will be plunged into literal darkness (Revelation 16:10). At the 6th vial, unclean spirits like frogs will come out of the mouths of Lucifer (the dragon, Satan: Revelation 12:9), and the Antichrist (the individual-man aspect of the beast), and the False Prophet (Revelation 16:13). And these unclean spirits like frogs will go forth and perform amazing miracles to convince the world's armies to gather together in an attempt to defeat YHWH God (Revelation 16:14, Revelation 19:19). The Euphrates will dry up so that the armies of "the kings of the east" (Revelation 16:12) (i.e. the vast armies of China, India, Pakistan, Japan, Iran, Indonesia) can easily cross the riverbed and gather at the "place" called Armageddon (Revelation 16:16) (Har Megiddo: Mount Megiddo in northern Israel). Once they have gathered there, as only a staging area, with all the other armies of the world (Revelation 16:14,16), they won't wage battle there (that is why the Bible doesn't refer to a "battle" of Armageddon). Instead, they will travel south to pillage Jerusalem, right before Jesus returns and defeats them (Zechariah 14:2-21, Revelation 19:19-21).

At the 7th vial, right before Jesus returns (Revelation 16:17,19, Revelation 19:2-21), there will be a huge earthquake which will affect the whole world (Revelation 16:18-20), and 100-pound hailstones will pummel the earth (Revelation 16:21). The 7th vial will also be when Revelation's symbolic (and worldwide) "Babylon" (Revelation chapters 17-18) will be destroyed (Revelation 16:19).

A solar flare that we are talking about does not scorch the earth . . . .  these come on a regular basis - like every 100 years.    We are overdue.    The reason that it will be so devastating to us is because man was never so reliant on technology so sensitive to such a phenomena before.

Please interpret Revelation 16:8-9 for me.Do you think these events will happen?When?

Then the fourth angel poured out his bowl on the sun, and power was given to him to scorch men with fire. And men were scorched with great heat, and they blasphemed the name of God who has power over these plagues; and they did not repent and give Him glory.

Bopeep, i don't predict when "events" out of Revelation will happen. I think to do so is an exercise in futility.

I guess I'm not saying what I mean clear enough.

I do not interpret Revelation by determining when end times events will happen.

Then what does the book of Revelation mean to you?What do you interpret for determining when the end times will happen?

Then what does the book of Revelation mean to you?What do you interpret for determining when the end times will happen?

I don't believe it tells us of a series of end time events that read like a newspaper.

I believe it was written to the people John addressed it too, and they understood how it applied to their time.   Their view of this book was very, very, very different than yours.    If I have to choose, I would choose the way they viewed it as they would have understood its meaning.

I believe there is a great deal of the 'historical present' used in the book of Revelation.  

To understand how they viewed it one has to understand what the apocalyptic genre is and is not, and now we have come back full circle.   

I don't believe it tells us of a series of end time events that read like a newspaper.

I believe it was written to the people John addressed it too, and they understood how it applied to their time.   Their view of this book was very, very, very different than yours.    If I have to choose, I would choose the way they viewed it as they would have understood its meaning.

I believe there is a great deal of the 'historical present' used in the book of Revelation.  

To understand how they viewed it one has to understand what the apocalyptic genre is and is not, and now we have come back full circle.   

Are you a preterist believer?

No I am not,  I think I have answered that before.  :)

No I am not,  I think I have answered that before.   :)

Do you read the book of Revelation as historical or future?This is what you stated

"I believe there is a great deal of the 'historical present' used in the book of Revelation".  

That is why I ask.

Do you read the book of Revelation as historical or future?This is what you stated

"I believe there is a great deal of the 'historical present' used in the book of Revelation".  

That is why I ask.

I understand.:   A great deal of it uses the historical present, but not all of it.   The 2nd coming is still to happen, the resurrection is still to happen.    I do believe there is a great tribulation coming on the world.  

That is why I ask.

I understand.:   A great deal of it uses the historical present, but not all of it.   The 2nd coming is still to happen, the resurrection is still to happen.    I do believe there is a great tribulation coming on the world.  

So you believe that part of the book of Revelation is historical?

So you believe that part of the book of Revelation is historical?

I do, I believe it was written to the believers at that time about what the Church had been experiencing and continued to experience, to encourage them to endure through it.   And this is what we should be taking from it today, encouragement to endure in Christ.

I believe there are layers of symbollism in the book of Revelation.

And additionally, what most will find hard to believe, and which I expect to be denounced for even suggesting, is how the Liturgy and Revelation mirror each other.   Scott Hahn, as a protestant minister and student of Revelation,   attended a Catholic Mass to see for himself what the Mass was.   He was astounded to see in the Liturgy parallels to scenes in Revelations.  Since he came to this conclusion as a protestant minister, it is as a protestant he saw these parallels and not the result of Catholic teaching.       He's written about it, one of which is in a book  "The Lamb's Supper: The Mass as Heaven on Earth."