• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

If Jesus were God where was the sacrifice from God? God was giving us an example of what a sacrifice was. jesus would teach us much more. God always has been and always will be, so if God came down from heaven as Jesus died and went back up to heaven what did He sacrifice? A little time away from home or what? I don't think so. God sent His Son just like you or I would send our son somewhere to do for us.

Pure and simple this is a heretical teaching.

2Pe 2:1 But false prophets also arose among the people, as false teachers will also be among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, denying even the Master who bought them, bringing on themselves swift destruction.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:thumbsup: I agree Boltz, which is why MUST be as the Bereans. Acts 17:11

One rarely quoted passage of Scripture that for me proves the divinity of Jesus Christ is Malachi 3:1, which foretold the birth and purpose of John the Baptist BUT more importantly, it specifies who the way is to be prepared for.

Read closely...

"Behold, I am going to send My messenger, and he will clear the way before Me And the Lord, whom you seek, will suddenly come to His temple; and the messenger of the covenant, in whom you delight, behold, He is coming," says the LORD of hosts.

Be Blessed,

Wayne

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  121
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,782
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  1

Why not let an eleven-year-old girl describe the Holy Trinity for us:

Three In One, and One In Three;

And the One in the Middle Died For Me!"

Thank You, Lord Jesus, for Your matchless love & wonderful sacrifice!

http://arthurdurnan.freeyellow.com

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  393
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  08/05/1955

The trinity is the top of a very deep iceberg of what we do not know fully about God. It almost has to be enough that Christ talked about the Father and Holy Ghost. It is hard to believe though how many people reject the trinity when Christ Himself constantly talked of the Father, and then that the comforter would come in His place. He also said that He went to the Father so there can be no question that the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit exist, and they exist all at the same time.

Speaking of the deep iceberg, how can we even attempt to understand that He created time and space, heaven and hell, and does not need to dwell within either time or space? I AM, who can even fathom those two words uttered by God the Father in the Old Testament and by Christ in the New Testament?

Guest truebeliever7
If Jesus were God where was the sacrifice from God? God was giving us an example of what a sacrifice was. jesus would teach us much more. God always has been and always will be, so if God came down from heaven as Jesus died and went back up to heaven what did He sacrifice? A little time away from home or what? I don't think so. God sent His Son just like you or I would send our son somewhere to do for us.

Pure and simple this is a heretical teaching.

2Pe 2:1 But false prophets also arose among the people, as false teachers will also be among you, who will secretly bring in destructive heresies, denying even the Master who bought them, bringing on themselves swift destruction.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Botz,

"Pure and simple this is a heretical teaching". Those are pretty strong words. How is it heretical teachings the whole New Testament talks about making sacrifices that is how we learn what love really is. God set the greatest example by sending His Son to die for us to have a way to Him. What I am saying is if God is Jesus like so many people believe then where was the sacrifice?

Matt 22:14

14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."

(NKJ)

go back over and read what I wrote yo on the oneness thread it explains my understanding better. as for calling me a heretic you will suffer for that not me.

Matt 12:36-37

36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

(NKJ)

God bless read and believe

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

What I am saying is if God is Jesus...

I'm not Boltz but I will explain why your words were heretical. Any teaching that denies the divinity and sovereignty of Jesus Christ is apostate and therefore a heresy.

It's not that "if God is Jesus" but more like Jesus Christ IS God --- one person of the great I AM (the Father, Son and Holy Spirit...distinct, but not separate).

Digressing from the subject of the thread, you seem to have accepted that the Father and Son are distinct personages BUT you do not acknowledge the divine and sovereign nature of the Son?

Maybe we read you wrong? If we have, take this opportunity to clarify yourself. If we read you right, all I can say is that your understanding is so very wrong and not in accordance with the Word of God. Jesus consistently revealed His divine nature to man by conquering death and calming the waves and winds of the great abyss, the Sea of Galilee.

So, have we misunderstood your words truebeliever?

Be Blessed,

Wayne

Guest truebeliever7
What I am saying is if God is Jesus...

I'm not Boltz but I will explain why your words were heretical. Any teaching that denies the divinity and sovereignty of Jesus Christ is apostate and therefore a heresy.

It's not that "if God is Jesus" but more like Jesus Christ IS God --- one person of the great I AM (the Father, Son and Holy Spirit...distinct, but not separate).

Digressing from the subject of the thread, you seem to have accepted that the Father and Son are distinct personages BUT you do not acknowledge the divine and sovereign nature of the Son?

Maybe we read you wrong? If we have, take this opportunity to clarify yourself. If we read you right, all I can say is that your understanding is so very wrong and not in accordance with the Word of God. Jesus consistently revealed His divine nature to man by conquering death and calming the waves and winds of the great abyss, the Sea of Galilee.

So, have we misunderstood your words truebeliever?

Be Blessed,

Wayne

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

sbg,

I am really not sure what you want me to say? Jesus is God's Son so of course He has the divine character of God God is His Father. Does not our Son's have our character? Look of course Jesus is going to have God's ability but not to sound ridiculous its all in the genes. What kind of ability would you except the Son of God to have? My whole point is God made a sacrifice of His Son to for us that I believe we can all agree on, so if Jesus was really God come in the flesh then what was the big sacrifice God made. God is the beginning and the end He is forever and ever so tell me how was it a sacrifice for Him to come down in the form of Jesus and be our example. You all seem to forget Jesus learned while He was down here dealing with us.

Heb 5:7-11

7 who, in the days of His flesh, when He had offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death, and was heard because of His godly fear,

8 though He was a Son, yet He learned obedience by the things which He suffered.

9 And having been perfected, He became the author of eternal salvation to all who obey Him,

10 called by God as High Priest "according to the order of Melchizedek,"

11 of whom we have much to say, and hard to explain, since you have become dull of hearing.

(NKJ)

If Jesus were God He would have already known everything.

And here is another verse that if what you say is true make at least two(2) lies in the word of God and we both know that isn't true.

Mark 13:32

32 "But of that day and hour no one knows, not even the angels in heaven, nor the Son, but only the Father.

(NKJ)

My fear for you is that you have become dull of hearing or been deceived by satan. And the scary thing is if you are deceived you will never know because the deception has taken you over and you cant accept the truth.

Enter by the narrow gate.

Matt 7:13-16

13 "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.

14 "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.

15 "Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves.

16 "You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thornbushes or figs from thistles?

(NKJ)

Know me by my fruits.

What is more important know who God is or knowing the way to God?

Have you misunderstood my words. No not at all you have misunderstood the Word of God!!

I haven't read a single post in this thread. I hate these debates because there is no physical way to prove an omniscient, omnipresent multi-dimension God with the primitive understanding of humans....

But the tri-unity of God is obvious to me.

The Father plans and Creates

He sends His Spirit to nurture His Creation

And because the Universe can not contain his love, He became flesh and dwelt among us to show us the way to know HIM....through the Spirit by faith in His Son Yeshua.

Now....why would He choose to love us?

That I can't explain. I just know that He does. :cool:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,492
  • Content Per Day:  0.61
  • Days Won:  18

Truebeliever

You wrote...

Botz,

"Pure and simple this is a heretical teaching". Those are pretty strong words. How is it heretical teachings the whole New Testament talks about making sacrifices that is how we learn what love really is. God set the greatest example by sending His Son to die for us to have a way to Him. What I am saying is if God is Jesus like so many people believe then where was the sacrifice?

Matt 22:14

14 "For many are called, but few are chosen."

(NKJ)

go back over and read what I wrote yo on the oneness thread it explains my understanding better. as for calling me a heretic you will suffer for that not me.

Matt 12:36-37

36 "But I say to you that for every idle word men may speak, they will give account of it in the day of judgment.

37 "For by your words you will be justified, and by your words you will be condemned."

(NKJ)

They are strong words yes...and I will say them again ..YOU ARE BELIEVING AND TEACHING HERESY.

I do not call your teaching heresy lightly or with any joy or oneupmanship...I call it heresy because you need to see your error...and because others that read your doctrine need to be aware that it is not of G-d.

I am prepared to stand by the words I have spoken...and yes I will have to account for them...just as I would have to account for why I did not speak up when such a flagrant lie was propagated in the name of the L-rd.

I have read and replied to you on the other thread.

Once again may G-d grant you understanding of the truth and open your eyes to see the Glory of the Risen L-rd.

Prayerfully. Botz

Guest His_Servant

OKAY. I am not at all trying to cause any trouble here, but feel as though this is something I might need to know. I admit I really don't understand much of this, but am wondering how the post which has been called a heresy, is a heresy? I am neither denying that it is, or agreeing...I just want someone to explain it to me if that is okay? I just want to understand so that I will not believe in something that is wrong.

I'm like the scarecrow on the Wizard of Oz...."If I only had a brain!" Well, I haven't gotten mine yet lol, so please bare with me and explain it in such a way where you feel someone without a brain might be able to understand LOL. I just do not want to follow a teaching that is false. Thanks and God Bless you all!