• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,874
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  12
  • Birthday:  07/08/1955

The Bears have it in for me and there will be payback, Bears season is only three months away.

A few weeks ago I was camping in the mountains (I made a post on why I was camping in another thread), the last day of my camping trip my wall tent canvas was damp, so I decided to let it up a couple day and come back for it later. After four days I went back and much to my surprise I found that a bear decided my tent needed two more door.

Today I just got back from a Mountain Man Rendezvous and had a wonderful time, other than Friday night. Friday night it rained and that doesn't bother me because rain hitting the canvas can make you sleep like a baby. My camp setup is a diamond tent to sleep in plus put my equipment and cooler in, I also have a dining fly about five feet away from my diamond tent. A diamond tent is nothing more than a canvas tarp staked down on three corners and a pole on the fourth corner with a smaller pole in the center, its like a tent with a picture window without the glass window.

Like I said Friday night it rained and that is okay, however after it stopped raining in the wee hours of Saturday morning I was sound to sleep and got rudely woken up by my dining fly falling down and pots an pan clanging. I woke-up and seem my dinning fly down and thought "You got to be kidding", I pulled myself out of bed to put the fly back up because I didn't want it down if it started raining again, making things soaked. I found that my one fly rope nearest to where I was sleeping was broken which made it fall down, I fixed it and put the fly back up and went back to bed.

The morning sun comes up and a man camped forty yards from me said he heard the noise from my camp earlier and said after that a bear came running behind his tent. So we figured a bear was going for my cooler which was in my diamond tent, heard me snore all of the sudden, got scared and turned around and tripped over the rope which broke, causing the fly to crash, which made the pots and pans fall which scared the bear even more and he took off like crazy.

I'm so glad God makes my life so exciting at times. 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  41
  • Topic Count:  31
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  5,324
  • Content Per Day:  1.64
  • Days Won:  2

Sure sounds like an adventure,  and yes, an exciting one at that!!  :)

I think everybody should have some getaway time like that.  It takes some of the stress out of life...except for the bear, of course.  :o

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  164
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

I thought this was a football thread!  :laugh:

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

lol. least they didnt eat you.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Content Count:  565
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

:D

thank God for safety...

:laugh: The Bears wouldn't eat me, I'm too old and I would be tough eating for them, they probably would break their teeth. Come this winter and God willing I hope to be eating a bear.

Oldzimm

:laugh: The Bears wouldn't eat me, I'm too old and I would be tough eating for them, they probably would break their teeth. Come this winter and God willing I hope to be eating a bear.

Oldzimm

eating a bear.. ?... lol

joke or real?

Oldzimm

eating a bear.. ?... lol

joke or real?

For real, bears are very good eating. Take a bear roast (or any kind of roast from wild game), put a touch of salt an pepper, onions, mustard on top of the roast, slow cook it in the oven and you got a tasty dinner.

Oldzimm

no thanks... :D

sounds nice though...

Oldzimm

eating a bear.. ?... lol

joke or real?

For real, bears are very good eating. Take a bear roast (or any kind of roast from wild game), put a touch of salt an pepper, onions, mustard on top of the roast, slow cook it in the oven and you got a tasty dinner.

Oldzimm

I've heard hunters say bear meat is good especially if they ate well by foraging on fish and berries etc.  Not so for the garbage dump eating bears though. I guess you are what you eat!

You are correct Davida, here in my neck of the woods we have "Hog Bear" and "Dog Bear", both are the same species of Black Bear but they eat from a different menu. A Hog Bear has a round head and a shiny coat and taste great. A Dog Bear has a long snout and a shabby coat and you better add a lot more salt, onions, mustard to the pot.

Oldzimm