• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  118
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/31/1950

32 minutes ago, the_patriot2015 said:

well, then if you have a problem with it, go to other threads where they are talking about Jesus and loving others. I mean, by posting in it, your only encouraging more people to post in it. just an observation.

Thanks patriot.

Next time I want your observation, I'll ask for it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  27
  • Topic Count:  339
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,749
  • Content Per Day:  2.44
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Just now, Tiger Eye said:

Thanks patriot.

Next time I want your observation, I'll ask for it.

so, its ok to share your opinion but not ours? sorry it doesnt work that way. None of us here want to kill anyone, but self defense is Biblically allowed, this is a viable topic, and yes, so is discussing different types of weapons. If you dont like it? thats fine. Your even welcome to share your view of it. You can even pretend to judge me. But in the end, Im going to give you the same advice I gave sinner-put a helmet on. You cant sit on judgement for us, because we own a gun, and then get mortally offended because we tell you your wrong. Your not going to change my view by such actions-the only thing that can, is if you can prove to me using scripture-which you have failed to do. Now if you excuse me, Im going to continue this discussion. If you want to continue into it, please do me a favor, and actually contribute to it, otherwise I will simply ignore your meaningless remarks from now on. 

Guest shiloh357
13 hours ago, Tiger Eye said:

I don't know why Christians want to talk about killing people.

I would think time would be better spent talking about Jesus and loving people instead of killing people.

I can't believe this killing thread is more popular than all the other threads.

If you don't like this thread, then don't read it.   We are free to discuss the topic and you are free to simply post in the Fellowship hall or the "absolutely positive"  forums if those are more to your liking.  

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  4,059
  • Content Per Day:  12.57

My wife and I were invited to a non-denominational church by a friend of ours a short while back.  The service was good and we got to talking to the pastor and our friend's father after.  So naturally, the subject turned to guns, specifically 1911s.  It's great when you can discuss things like this in a non-judgmental atmosphere.  One had a new Remington that he had to send back once for some internal polishing.  The Pastor had a Rock Island 1911 with no problems and I had my Sig GSR with no problems.  No one questioned our love for Jesus, our Messiah.  Is the Holy Spirit leading some Christians to purchase guns?  I don't know, but I do know I wasn't interested in guns until I was a Christian believer of 8 years.  Another Christian with a .357 Ruger GP100 introduced me to shooting and my trip overseas seemed like a good time to take the plunge.

My brother has one of those CP100s-watches him obliterate a prairie dog open sites at 250 yards on the first shot with it...very effective gun with a very effective round. I personally have a Springfield 1911 fully loaded that my wife bought me for my birthday a few years back, absolutely love it, have fired probably close to 1000 rounds through it so far without any real problems. Have one mag I picked up at a gun show that jams it up on occasion but I think it's more of a mag issue then a gun since its never jammed up with any of my other mags. I am needing to send it in though, as one of the inserts on my rear night sight came out and the only way to fix it is to replace the sight or send it back to trijicon.

Guest shiloh357
37 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

My wife and I were invited to a non-denominational church by a friend of ours a short while back.  The service was good and we got to talking to the pastor and our friend's father after.  So naturally, the subject turned to guns, specifically 1911s.  It's great when you can discuss things like this in a non-judgmental atmosphere.  One had a new Remington that he had to send back once for some internal polishing.  The Pastor had a Rock Island 1911 with no problems and I had my Sig GSR with no problems.  No one questioned our love for Jesus, our Messiah.  Is the Holy Spirit leading some Christians to purchase guns?  I don't know, but I do know I wasn't interested in guns until I was a Christian believer of 8 years.  Another Christian with a .357 Ruger GP100 introduced me to shooting and my trip overseas seemed like a good time to take the plunge.

I would love to fire a 1911.   I hear nothing but good about them.   Right now they are outside what I can afford.  I wish I knew someone who had one.   I seem to always run into a guy who knows a guy, who knows a guy who swears by it.   All of my online research into 1911 only turns up positive info.

36 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

I would love to fire a 1911.   I hear nothing but good about them.   Right now they are outside what I can afford.  I wish I knew someone who had one.   I seem to always run into a guy who knows a guy, who knows a guy who swears by it.   All of my online research into 1911 only turns up positive info.

A Springfield Armory 1911A1 used was my first 1911.  It was my fourth gun.  I loved it and it was 100% reliable.  I had shot a 1911 rental at a range and knew I had to have one.  But my eyesight is not made for those GI sights so I used it as a trade-in for a Sig P-220 .45 ACP.  Great gun with wonderful sights.  But I missed not having a 1911.  So when I could afford it, I bought my Sig 1911 fully loaded with night sites, and later added a Colt Commander, all steel with 3 dot sights.  What can I say?  I'm a collector as well as a shooter.

The nice thing about 1911s that most people don't realize is they're completely customizable, can even be built at home. You can even buy a cheap $400 Remington and upgrade as you go, different sights, firing pin, even the guide rod (full length vs mid length) they're not as expensive as most would think. I spent about $1000 on mine but I bought it new fully loaded, you can find a new basic mil spec one with no thrills for $400 easy. It's probably my favorite pistol by far.

52 minutes ago, the_patriot2015 said:

My brother has one of those CP100s-watches him obliterate a prairie dog open sites at 250 yards on the first shot with it...very effective gun with a very effective round. I personally have a Springfield 1911 fully loaded that my wife bought me for my birthday a few years back, absolutely love it, have fired probably close to 1000 rounds through it so far without any real problems. Have one mag I picked up at a gun show that jams it up on occasion but I think it's more of a mag issue then a gun since its never jammed up with any of my other mags. I am needing to send it in though, as one of the inserts on my rear night sight came out and the only way to fix it is to replace the sight or send it back to trijicon.

When I fired the Ruger GP100 and compared it to my Glock 22, it seemed pretty comparable from a kick standpoint.  I never did buy a Ruger because I didn't care for the grip.  Eventually, I ended up buying a Smith and Wesson 686-6 with a Hogue round butt grip.  I also shot a Ruger SP101 which I found pleasant to shoot for such a small gun.  This was my friend's wife's gun.  My wife has three .40 caliber Glocks, a Walther PPK/S and a Beretta.  She keeps me in-line.

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

When I fired the Ruger GP100 and compared it to my Glock 22, it seemed pretty comparable from a kick standpoint.  I never did buy a Ruger because I didn't care for the grip.  Eventually, I ended up buying a Smith and Wesson 686-6 with a Hogue round butt grip.  I also shot a Ruger SP101 which I found pleasant to shoot for such a small gun.  This was my friend's wife's gun.  My wife has three .40 caliber Glocks, a Walther PPK/S and a Beretta.  She keeps me in-line.

:24: