Ezra

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.70
  • Days Won:  9

This is definitely off topic, but I find it interesting.

John 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

This is repeated in the NT several times, that the law ( books of Moses), and the prophets (all books written in the OT by prophets), and Psalms, all point to Jesus.

I started to notice that the law pointing to Jesus is true. There are themes in the law which have doctrines which point a person to Jesus. One such theme is that dead flesh is unclean flesh. A dead person is unclean, and the grave where they are buried is unclean. A priest is not allowed in a graveyard or even to attend the funeral of a loved one because a Priest should remain ritually clean. A dead animal is unclean and contact with a dead animal will cause a person to be unclean. This theme of dead flesh being unclean flesh is repeated over and over.

Take this to the NT, and we know that we are born, dead in sins. When we accept Jesus, we are make alive. Jesus came to give life. A person who is spiritually dead is in their sins and unclean while a person who believes on Jesus is made alive and is clean.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  150
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  2,195
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  14

5 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

This is definitely off topic, but I find it interesting.

John 1:45 Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him, We have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write, Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph.

This is repeated in the NT several times, that the law ( books of Moses), and the prophets (all books written in the OT by prophets), and Psalms, all point to Jesus.

I started to notice that the law pointing to Jesus is true. There are themes in the law which have doctrines which point a person to Jesus. One such theme is that dead flesh is unclean flesh. A dead person is unclean, and the grave where they are buried is unclean. A priest is not allowed in a graveyard or even to attend the funeral of a loved one because a Priest should remain ritually clean. A dead animal is unclean and contact with a dead animal will cause a person to be unclean. This theme of dead flesh being unclean flesh is repeated over and over.

Take this to the NT, and we know that we are born, dead in sins. When we accept Jesus, we are make alive. Jesus came to give life. A person who is spiritually dead is in their sins and unclean while a person who believes on Jesus is made alive and is clean.

thank you for that, for did you know that Jesus is also our high priest, this is evident when we see the three wise men given or bringing what they did, do you know which is set for a priest to have ? and do you know what priest is defined as biblically ? bridge, Jesus is now the bridge to the father for us, He has made a way, so that's why , I do not call a priest ,priest , and father or padre ,father or padre, for there is one father in heaven , not counting a earthly father of family, and priest is left to be Jesus for He is the only bridge that fills the Gap between the sinful man and the holy God,

so I understand the clean and how it is custom and what was laid ,out, but I will also follow as my conviction, to me and my family to abstain from pork, for God called it unclean , and just by His word that was spoken in the bible makes me obey this , and nothing else,

I do it out of respect for the temple of my self the  holy spirit that ,dwells with in which God calls my temple , and I want to be one with my God, and keep my temple in line and holy from my bond with the word of God, for He is My Father and I will listen to Him.

2 hours ago, SINNERSAVED said:

thank you for that, for did you know that Jesus is also our high priest, this is evident when we see the three wise men given or bringing what they did, do you know which is set for a priest to have ? and do you know what priest is defined as biblically ? bridge, Jesus is now the bridge to the father for us, He has made a way, so that's why , I do not call a priest ,priest , and father or padre ,father or padre, for there is one father in heaven , not counting a earthly father of family, and priest is left to be Jesus for He is the only bridge that fills the Gap between the sinful man and the holy God,

so I understand the clean and how it is custom and what was laid ,out, but I will also follow as my conviction, to me and my family to abstain from pork, for God called it unclean , and just by His word that was spoken in the bible makes me obey this , and nothing else,

I do it out of respect for the temple of my self the  holy spirit that ,dwells with in which God calls my temple , and I want to be one with my God, and keep my temple in line and holy from my bond with the word of God, for He is My Father and I will listen to Him.

Do you refrain from other animals, birds, fish, etc.  which categorized as unclean to eat?

22 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

Do you refrain from other animals, birds, fish, etc.  which categorized as unclean to eat?

yes,   lobster shell fish , and mouse and all that was on that list of the dietary  law ,

do you find it odd or , that I have gone beyond what I need to as required as a gentile, ?

well I am not thinking myself to be a gentile or a jew, I know that I am a gentile over a jew in the proper sense

but I consider my self a saved sinner, and a child of God , and I call out to Him as my father, and Jesus as my lord and king and my savior.

1 minute ago, SINNERSAVED said:

yes,   lobster shell fish , and mouse and all that was on that list of the dietary  law ,

do you find it odd or , that I have gone beyond what I need to as required as a gentile, ?

well I am not thinking myself to be a gentile or a jew, I know that I am a gentile over a jew in the proper sense

but I consider my self a saved sinner, and a child of God , and I call out to Him as my father, and Jesus as my lord and king and my savior.

I have met other Gentiles, predominantly Hebrew roots, who say they follow the dietary laws. As far as food, it is ok to choose to eat in anyway your choose. Being Jewish, it leaves me in a quandry, as I have asked others about their dietary practices and would not consider what they eat to match the dietary laws so I would be reluctant to eat at their homes, because they do not really practice what they think they do. Since I have, I find it hard to do what I consider to be a lie. I do not know if you follow all of the dietary laws or not. Many eat the animals on the clean list but ignore the blood restrictions and buy meat from a regular grocery store which does not care about removing the blood.   

My bigger concern is that I know that the dietary laws are separators, so I become concerned that you will not eat with those who do not follow the dietary laws, so I am concerned that you might cut off relationships with other Christians.  The majority of Jewish believers will eat in a home of a person who does not follow the dietary laws, even though they might keep Kosher in their homes. 

I personally have a kitchen setup for Kosher, as I have non-believing family who do keep Kosher. I want them to feel welcome and able to come over for dinner.  And also, I prefer the taste of Kosher meat (without blood). I grew up on it, and find non-Kosher meat has a slightly different taste.

1 hour ago, Qnts2 said:

I have met other Gentiles, predominantly Hebrew roots, who say they follow the dietary laws. As far as food, it is ok to choose to eat in anyway your choose. Being Jewish, it leaves me in a quandry, as I have asked others about their dietary practices and would not consider what they eat to match the dietary laws so I would be reluctant to eat at their homes, because they do not really practice what they think they do. Since I have, I find it hard to do what I consider to be a lie. I do not know if you follow all of the dietary laws or not. Many eat the animals on the clean list but ignore the blood restrictions and buy meat from a regular grocery store which does not care about removing the blood.   

My bigger concern is that I know that the dietary laws are separators, so I become concerned that you will not eat with those who do not follow the dietary laws, so I am concerned that you might cut off relationships with other Christians.  The majority of Jewish believers will eat in a home of a person who does not follow the dietary laws, even though they might keep Kosher in their homes. 

I personally have a kitchen setup for Kosher, as I have non-believing family who do keep Kosher. I want them to feel welcome and able to come over for dinner.  And also, I prefer the taste of Kosher meat (without blood). I grew up on it, and find non-Kosher meat has a slightly different taste.

thank you for your response and what you said, it is really appreciated , and I want to let you know, that it is people like your selves that I get the most information, and honest advise from, so thank you for that,

if I was going to make a dinner for friends , as a I.E. I would not make anything with pork, if i go out with anyone even another christian I will not judge them for eating bacon sandwich as I eat a chicken strip, so it is not me pushing or getting on people , but ... if anyone ask or want to know then I will share my commitment  with them, and what I believe, but I want to be holy and obedient, and Gods love for us , sending His son, to die a horrible death , but to save my soul from hell and promises to give me life everlasting, this is great , and so , I want to be all I can be for God, and if there is any doubt of if I should or not ,then I would rather go with out, and let the spirit guide me as it will,

I also want to treat my body as a holy temple as God has told us what are bodies are now , and that we are bought with a price, Jesus blood, so why would I not abstain from what in my mind is the right thing to do , I am in no violation, and I want to do what ever it takes, to keep my self pure, this also helps me in remembrance and keeps God on point , all the day long, so its great discipline and to meditate on Him more then ever,

this gives me a avenue of honesty and holiness, to follow, and keeps me humble,  so its not a burden but a great honor to be able to do this, you should try it , and you will see what I am talking about, it brings me to God even closer , I know it might not seem like that but it does,

sorry and to answer about how its prepared, I don't get into that , for I am not trying to reinvent the wheel but to do what I can and to keep it simple, Jesus was simple , and Holy , and a peace maker , and showed us how to love, and then He was hated for what was needed love, and so we need to reflect Jesus in all we do .

11 hours ago, Qnts2 said:

Clean and unclean are ritual terms. A donkey is unclean for food and sacrifice, but is a useful animal for almost all other purposes and many families owned and raised donkeys. Donkey hide is clean for clothing. Wool combined with linen is not clean for clothing. Wool is clean for clothing and linen is clean for clothing but the combination is not clean for clothing.

Except wool and linen were combined for the high priests clothing. Not only is it clean but also glorious and beautiful

Ex 28:2  And thou shalt make holy garments for Aaron thy brother for glory and for beauty.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  327
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  2

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:49 PM, Qnts2 said:
On ‎1‎/‎6‎/‎2016 at 11:37 AM, Qnts2 said:

Gentiles were not grafted into Israel. Gentiles are grafted into Jesus. One emphasis in both the OT and the NT is that Gentiles would be drawn to the Messiah, and remain Gentiles.

The Jewish people do not care what Gentiles believe. Most non-believing Jewish people think the Gentiles worship 3 gods. But, Jewish people are strong believers in religious freedom having experienced persecution for centuries for their own religion, so tend to be very tolerant of Gentiles practicing other religions, and will even fight for Christians rights to practice Christianity, as long as Christianity does not try to stop Jews from practicing Judaism. Believe it or not, most Jewish people have no real clue what Christians believe, or do to practice their religion. Maybe with one exception. While Jewish people do not really understand what Christmas is about, Jewish parents have to talk to their children about why they do not celebrate Christmas. Christmas looks very attractive to the Jewish children. I know of adult Jews who heard Christmas songs, and ended up accepting Jesus thru them. 

As far as Gentiles practicing the law given to the Jewish people, Jewish people think Gentiles are jealous of the Jewish people and the Gentiles wish they were Jews. So, when a Gentile celebrates a Jewish Holy day, that is proof to Jewish people that Gentiles are jealous of Jews, and not the other way around. Gentiles who go so visibly into Jewish things are called 'Jewish wannabes'. Meaning, they are Gentile who want to be Jewish. So the message you think you might be sending, is actually the opposite. Gentiles who try to live more like Jews, usually do such a strange exaggeration of it, that they are considered disrespectful.

Romans 11 is speaking of Israel.  Some of the branches were broken off and though, you, a wild olive branch, have been grafted in among them.  And now share in the nourishing sap of the olive tree.  The olive tree has always been a representation of Israel throughout G-d's word. 

You and I had this discussion last year.  Living in Miami, my grandmother grafted different varieties of mangos into her mango tree from branches of her neighbors' trees.  These branches got all their nourishment in support from her tree, however each season they produced their own different fruit.  The Gentiles keep their physical distinction as do the Jews, yet spiritually we are now one.  The Gentile is now accepted.

This is what Paul is getting at.  We Gentiles are grafted in.  We get our nourishment from the existing system.  We, through faith, are now believers.  We now too share in the adoption as sons.  " For not Israel is Israel,....,but Through faith we are now regarded as the children of the promise and Abraham's offspring.  (Rms. 9: 6-8). 

Prior to Christ, a Gentile became part of Israel and accepted by the act of conversion.  This incorporated three main requirements.  One, faith in the one true G-d of Israel.  Two, circumcision. Three, a mikvah, a baptism. (going down as a Gentile, coming up and fully accepted to the Jews in the faith).  Paul's parallels this act from a spiritual perspective in Colossians 2: 9-12)  "For in Christ.......in him you were also circumcised, in putting off the sinful nature, not with a circumcision done by the hands of men, but with the circumcision done by Christ, having been buried with him in baptism and raised with him through your faith in the power of G-d who raised him from the dead".

Paul further says in Romans 2:29 - "A man is not a Jew if he is only one outwardly, nor is circumcision merely outward and physical.  No, a man is a Jew if he is one inwardly, and circumcision is circumcision of the heart, by the Spirit, and not the written code."   I am not saying we are physical Jews, but through this conversion by the hand of G-d, we have been brought into the Israel. 

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:36 PM, Qnts2 said:

The OT Passover is different then the NT Passover. The OT Passover requires eating a lamb which is sacrificed at the Temple in remembrance of the lamb killed and the blood put over the door post so the death angel passes over. It is that Passover lamb from the Temple which is forbidden for those not physically ritually circumcised. The NT Passover has Jesus as the sacrificial lamb. To partake of the NT lamb, one has a circumcised heart. Since it is against the Mosaic covenant to make any changes to the Mosaic law, the NT Passover can not be the same law as the OT Passover. The NT Passover is not in remembrance of the exodus from Egypt, but is in remembrance of Jesus death as the NT Passover lamb.

The feast of Ishtar was in honor of Ishtar. Easter is in honor/memory of what Jesus did and Who He was. The NT Passover is in honor/memory of what Jesus did and Who He was. So Easter is a renamed NT Passover. (First Fruits wave offering occurs during Passover but is not Passover).

During the first Nicean council, the one and only resolution demanded by Constantine was that Christianity have nothing to do with anything in common with the Jewish people. Constantine and some others were anti-semitic, so a formal letter was written to all of the churches, telling them a decision was made to not call the feast in memory of Jesus the same name as the Jewish feast and that the Christian feast should not even occur at the same time as the Jewish feast. They thought being dependent on the Jewish calendar and the Jewish sighting of the New Moon was wrong to be dependent on the Jewish people. I will include a translation of the letter sent out by the 1st Nicean council at the end of this post.

Finally, if you object to the name Easter, I would suggest tearing up the book of Esther. Esther's Persian name was Ishtar so the book of Esther is actually name the book of Ishtar. It is common practice for Jewish people living outside of Israel to take a name from the language which is spoken in the land that they live. Esther's Hebrew name was Haddasah and her Persian name was Ishtar (Esther anglicized). Names don't mean much. The name, Esther, did not mean that Esther worshipped Ishtar. My English name is Jan. My Hebrew name is Miryam.

Nicean council letter :

ON THE KEEPING OF EASTER. From the Letter of the Emperor to all those not present at the Council. (Found in Eusebius, Vita Const., Lib. iii., 18-20.) When the question relative to the sacred festival of Easter arose, it was universally thought that it would be convenient that all should keep the feast on one day; for what could be more beautiful and more desirable, than to see this festival, through which we receive the hope of immortality, celebrated by all with one accord, and in the same manner? It was declared to be particularly unworthy for this, the holiest of all festivals, to follow the custom[the calculation] of the Jews, who had soiled their hands with the most fearful of crimes, and whose minds were blinded. In rejecting their custom,(1) we may transmit to our descendants the legitimate mode of celebrating Easter, which we have observed from the time of the Saviour's Passion to the present day[according to the day of the week]. We ought not, therefore, to have anything in common with the Jews, for the Saviour has shown us another way; our worship follows a more legitimate and more convenient course(the order of the days of the week); and consequently, in unanimously adopting this mode, we desire, dearest brethren, to separate ourselves from the detestable company of the Jews, for it is truly shameful for us to hear them boast that without their direction we could not keep this feast. How can they be in the right, they who, after the death of the Saviour, have no longer been led by reason but by wild violence, as their delusion may urge them? They do not possess the truth in this Easter question;

I do not object to the name Easter.  I object to the practice of it substituting for the Passover (including Feast of Unleavened Bread and First Fruits).  The TRUE death, burial and resurrection of our L-rd.  The TRUE feast to be celebrated.    In Jeremiah, our L-rd tells his people "not to learn the ways of the pagans (Gentile nations)...for the customs of these people are worthless."  Easter grew from a pagan festival with all it's Easter eggs, bunnies, traditional ham dinner, etc.  Falling on the pagan sun worship day of the first Sunday after the full moon of the Spring Equinox.  That is why Easter falls on a different date each year.

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 10:36 PM, Qnts2 said:

The OT Passover is different then the NT Passover. The OT Passover requires eating a lamb which is sacrificed at the Temple in remembrance of the lamb killed and the blood put over the door post so the death angel passes over. It is that Passover lamb from the Temple which is forbidden for those not physically ritually circumcised. The NT Passover has Jesus as the sacrificial lamb. To partake of the NT lamb, one has a circumcised heart. Since it is against the Mosaic covenant to make any changes to the Mosaic law, the NT Passover can not be the same law as the OT Passover. The NT Passover is not in remembrance of the exodus from Egypt, but is in remembrance of Jesus death as the NT Passover lamb.

The feast of Ishtar was in honor of Ishtar. Easter is in honor/memory of what Jesus did and Who He was. The NT Passover is in honor/memory of what Jesus did and Who He was. So Easter is a renamed NT Passover. (First Fruits wave offering occurs during Passover but is not Passover).

During the first Nicean council, the one and only resolution demanded by Constantine was that Christianity have nothing to do with anything in common with the Jewish people. Constantine and some others were anti-semitic, so a formal letter was written to all of the churches, telling them a decision was made to not call the feast in memory of Jesus the same name as the Jewish feast and that the Christian feast should not even occur at the same time as the Jewish feast. They thought being dependent on the Jewish calendar and the Jewish sighting of the New Moon was wrong to be dependent on the Jewish people. I will include a translation of the letter sent out by the 1st Nicean council at the end of this post.

Finally, if you object to the name Easter, I would suggest tearing up the book of Esther. Esther's Persian name was Ishtar so the book of Esther is actually name the book of Ishtar. It is common practice for Jewish people living outside of Israel to take a name from the language which is spoken in the land that they live. Esther's Hebrew name was Haddasah and her Persian name was Ishtar (Esther anglicized). Names don't mean much. The name, Esther, did not mean that Esther worshipped Ishtar. My English name is Jan. My Hebrew name is Miryam.

Nicean council letter :

ON THE KEEPING OF EASTER. From the Letter of the Emperor to all those not present at the Council. (Found in Eusebius, Vita Const., Lib. iii., 18-20.) When the question relative to the sacred festival of Easter arose, it was universally thought that it would be convenient that all should keep the feast on one day; for what could be more beautiful and more desirable, than to see this festival, through which we receive the hope of immortality, celebrated by all with one accord, and in the same manner? It was declared to be particularly unworthy for this, the holiest of all festivals, to follow the custom[the calculation] of the Jews, who had soiled their hands with the most fearful of crimes, and whose minds were blinded. In rejecting their custom,(1) we may transmit to our descendants the legitimate mode of celebrating Easter, which we have observed from the time of the Saviour's Passion to the present day[according to the day of the week]. We ought not, therefore, to have anything in common with the Jews, for the Saviour has shown us another way; our worship follows a more legitimate and more convenient course(the order of the days of the week); and consequently, in unanimously adopting this mode, we desire, dearest brethren, to separate ourselves from the detestable company of the Jews, for it is truly shameful for us to hear them boast that without their direction we could not keep this feast. How can they be in the right, they who, after the death of the Saviour, have no longer been led by reason but by wild violence, as their delusion may urge them? They do not possess the truth in this Easter question;

When Jesus celebrated the last Passover before His death, when it came to the 4 cup of wine, the cup of Redemption, he instructed his disciples to do this in the memory of Me.  He was referencing the Passover and that each time they came to this cup in forthcoming Passover celebrations, do it in the memory of him.  Jesus gave the great commission to his disciples to go and teach the Jews, half-Jews and Gentiles all that He had taught them.  He never taught them to ignore G-d's established feasts or ways.

Your quoting of this from the Emperor is most disturbing and clearly supports my point.  Pagan festivals and pagan customs were substituted in the church for G-d's holy feasts, due to anti-Semitism and hatred for the Jew.

I wondered last year in your posts if you were really a Jew, as you claim.  You do not talk like one, keep the feasts as one, keep the Holy Sabbath as one, or eat like one.  You posts sound Catholic.  A Jew would never speak this way, or support any language that would portray His people in such a disgusting way.

Don't you see my whole point.  Man has substituted G-d's direction for their direction.  G-d's way for man's way.  Substitution in support of hatred for G-d's people.  G-d is very clear, " I will bless those who bless you (Jews) and curse those who curse you".  We need to be very careful.

Edited by Shar