• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  26
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

ASSURANCE

. I hope this study blesses you. I pray that all of you may know the true meaning of having Assurance. When doubts come your way look at those verses and cling to them, thank God for his promises.

a-shoor

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  61
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,065
  • Content Per Day:  0.27
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/03/1958

Thanks for sharing that, very good study!

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  265
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Good study! You could also add:

" Rom:5:10: For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life."

Saved by His life...Not our own.

Rick

Guest NewPilgrim

Great stuff. I must admit to being a little surprised that you didnt also include:

Eph 1:13 In him you also, who have heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation, and have believed in him, were sealed with the promised Holy Spirit,

Eph 1:14 which is the guarantee of our inheritance until we acquire possession of it, to the praise of his glory.

Jhn 6:37 All that the Father gives me will come to me; and him who comes to me I will not cast out.

Jhn 10:29 My Father, which gave [them] me, is greater than all; and no [man] is able to pluck [them] out of my Father's hand.

While on the subject of assurance, we can also take great comfort from the "parables of the lost" in Luke 15. In brief, Jesus tells of a shepherd who' sheep goes astray, but the shepherd searches relentlessly until the sheep is found and returned. Likewise a woman who has ten coins, loses one and searches relentlessly until it is found and returned. Finally we have the parable of the lost son who leaves his fathers house to live the high life, but eventually realises that the best place for him has always been with his Father and so he willfully returns home.

Each of these parables has the same theme, whatever "belonged" if it goes astray will be sought out and brought back or will return under their own volition. Either way all will return to their rightful place and will be rejoiced over. Thus are we with Christ, we belong to him, as his bride and not one of us will be lost, even though we may wander at times he draws us back or we realise for ourselves that He is where we belong.

(N.B. the passage talks of "sinners" being found, which some would interpret as meaning the unsaved getting saved, but the context of the passage is that the Pharisees were billing themself as "righteous" and the followers of Christ as "sinners" - as well as a message of assurance to the saved, these parables are also a slight upon the Pharisees. Christ effectively saying "Why are you so bothered about me, if youre so righteous then you dont need me around you")