• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  2,875
  • Content Per Day:  0.71
  • Days Won:  9

46 minutes ago, Joline said:

I do not understand the significance, nor the connection you are making.

Lu 16:16  The law and the prophets were until John: since that time the kingdom of God is preached, and every man presseth into it.

Mt 11:13  For all the prophets and the law prophesied until John.

Joh 18:36  Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.

Heb 2: 5 ¶  For unto the angels hath he not put in subjection the world to come, whereof we speak.

2:8  Thou hast put all things in subjection under his feet. For in that he put all in subjection under him, he left nothing that is not put under him.  But now we see not yet all things put under him.

Where are you getting your teaching of an earthly kingdom from? I would agree that John's baptism may have included the law and the prophets, but Christ and the Apostles spoke of his heavenly kingdom. So again what are your teachings concerning an earthly worldly reign, and where do you get them Shar?

Are you an amilleniast?

7 hours ago, Shar said:

Qnts2, I agree they are a kingdom of priests.  That is evident in quotes within Revelation.  I was just speaking about I Pe. that LittleFlower was quoting and speaking about the context in which he was speaking.  I was referencing his address to Jewish Christians that fled Jerusalem and were scattered aboard, at that particular time in history.

Ok, thanks. I missed the context of your statement.

2 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

Are you an amilleniast?

I do not believe in a thousand year earthly worldly reign no. If you do, can you show me where this is taught? Because I am only seeing the next life and the next world preached.

6 minutes ago, Joline said:

I do not believe in a thousand year earthly worldly reign no. If you do, can you show me where this is taught? Because I am only seeing the next life and the next world preached.

There is nothing so clear in scripture to me, then the reign on earth of the Messiah. If Jesus does not reign, then Jesus does not fulfill the Messianic prophesies. Jesus never sits on David's throne, as David's throne is on the earth, in Jerusalem.

But, if you want to debate about amill vs pre-mill , I would suggest opening a thread under Prophesy. 

5 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

There is nothing so clear in scripture to me, then the reign on earth of the Messiah. If Jesus does not reign, then Jesus does not fulfill the Messianic prophesies. Jesus never sits on David's throne, as David's throne is on the earth, in Jerusalem.

But, if you want to debate about amill vs pre-mill , I would suggest opening a thread under Prophesy. 

I asked where the teachings are found concerning an earthly worldly reign of Christ. You say it is clear to you, so can you show me where the Apostles taught this? As I am only seeing of an heavenly kingdom preached, which is not of this world and this life . Which kingdom includes being royal priests.

Edited by Joline

1 hour ago, Qnts2 said:

Believe it or not, most of the church has no clue of the relationship of the Spring feasts to Jesus work. I have taught on this for a long time, and know how most Christians are shocked. And the purpose of most of the feasts has nothing to do with the sacrifices. Or the priesthood.

As far as the priesthood, the New Covenant priesthood is not comparable to the Levitical priesthood, as I've already said. The New Covenant priesthood includes all believers, so there is no unique role to being a priest in the New Covenant, so priests have nothing to do with the feast days under the New Covenant.  

I would agree That the spring feasts have nothing to do with the Levitical Priesthood. As those feasts concern the fulfillment of the Abrahamic promises. The original Passover was not a Levitical sacrifice. Which is said of Christ if he were on earth he would not be a priest. His work as high priest began when he resurrected and presented himself as an atonement for our sin. As the Passover was not a sacrifice to atone for sin, the lamb which takes away the sins of the world did concern the work of atonement.

So, I would of course see John's preaching of Christ in the capacity of his high priesthood, when he warned of the wrath that was coming. Which judgement began with the house of God.

1Pe 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

So while in this world and this life he was not a priest, so I would agree with you, but as the wrath which was prophesied by the law was coming, everything to do with that, is the work of his priesthood in the resurrection.

Mt 3:7  But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Lu 3:7  Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Lu 21:23  But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
Joh 3:36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him

.Ro 5:9  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

Edited by Joline

9 minutes ago, Joline said:

I would agree That the spring feasts have nothing to do with the Levitical Priesthood. As those feasts concern the fulfillment of the Abrahamic promises. The original Passover was not a Levitical sacrifice. Which is said of Christ if he were on earth he would not be a priest. His work as high priest began when he resurrected and presented himself as an atonement for our sin. As the Passover was not a sacrifice to atone for sin, the lamb which takes away the sins of the world did concern the work of atonement.

So, I would of course see John's preaching of Christ in the capacity of his high priesthood, when he warned of the wrath that was coming. Which judgement began with the house of God.

1Pe 4:17  For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

So while in this world and this life he was not a priest, so I would agree with you, but as the wrath which was prophesied by the law was coming, everything to do with that, is the work of his priesthood in the resurrection.

Mt 3:7  But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees come to his baptism, he said unto them, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Lu 3:7  Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come?
Lu 21:23  But woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck, in those days! for there shall be great distress in the land, and wrath upon this people.
Joh 3:36  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him

.Ro 5:9  Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him.

I do not see the Priesthood having anything to do with His resurrection. What is more important is that Jesus is God. 

The importance of the feasts does not center on the Priesthood, but it centers on a remembrance of what God did.

12 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

I do not see the Priesthood having anything to do with His resurrection. What is more important is that Jesus is God. 

The importance of the feasts does not center on the Priesthood, but it centers on a remembrance of what God did.

You do not see this in Hebrews? The entire book speaks of his priesthood in the heavenly tabernacle.

Heb 11:24  For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
25  Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
26  For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28  So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

The gospel always began with John's baptism, which many Jew's had already been preached concerning the way of the Lord

Ac 1:22  Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
Ac 18:25  This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

Edited by Joline

13 minutes ago, Joline said:

You do not see this in Hebrews? The entire book speaks of his priesthood in the heavenly tabernacle.

Heb 11:24  For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:
25  Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;
26  For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.
27  And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:
28  So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.

The gospel always began with John's baptism, which many Jew's had already been preached concerning the way of the Lord

Ac 1:22  Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.
Ac 18:25  This man was instructed in the way of the Lord; and being fervent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing only the baptism of John.

The entire book of Hebrews does not speak of His priesthood. A section does talk about sacrifices to deal with a specific question/problem. Clearly the book of Hebrews is talking to Jewish people who were accustomed to bringing a sacrifice to the Temple in certain situations. The focus is on Jesus as the High Priest and the qualitative and quantitative superiority of Jesus sacrifice vs. bulls and goats etc. So, the conclusion is, they did not have to continue bringing a sacrifice to the Temple.  The book of Hebrews talks about a lot of things.

7 minutes ago, Qnts2 said:

The entire book of Hebrews does not speak of His priesthood. A section does talk about sacrifices to deal with a specific question/problem. Clearly the book of Hebrews is talking to Jewish people who were accustomed to bringing a sacrifice to the Temple in certain situations. The focus is on Jesus as the High Priest and the qualitative and quantitative superiority of Jesus sacrifice vs. bulls and goats etc. So, the conclusion is, they did not have to continue bringing a sacrifice to the Temple.  The book of Hebrews talks about a lot of things.

The book does speak of his priesthood according to the order of Melchzedek. When we speak of the new testament kingship we speak of priesthood. When we speak of priesthood in the new covenant we speak of kingship. For neither king and priest are separate in the order of Melchizedek.

As it is said the gospel especially to the Jews began with John's baptism. which he preached the coming wrath and to escape it. The lamb of God which takes away the sins of the world

If Christ were on earth He would not be a priest, if Christ is not raised you are still dead in your sins. Melchizedek was a KING/PRIEST. So to is Christ. And so too is his priesthood a Royal priesthood.

Edited by Joline