IGNORED

Did you marry a non christian?

DearJudy,OurLord

Marriage is supposed to be a PERMANENT thing. You don't sound like someone who is concerned about whether your life-long mate is committed to that concept.

If your mate is not a believer, you will sooner or later grow apart if he doesn't humble himself before the Lord. If he hardens his heart against God, who do you think will get the brunt of that? You, dear.

It will cause you so much pain that you will wish you weren't alive...much less married.

Wait for the one who puts God first and you will have a chance for a good marriage. Any other situation will cause you a LOT of pain before it's over.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  65
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/01/1965

Unsaved men that we choose to date have too many complications...............too many. Allow God to bring him to you. Yes, it can be a long wait. I know first hand how things went when I said I got this one. I didn't have a clue (when really I did!!!!) as to all the mess I was entering in. God knows your heart and your desire to have a mate. JUST WAIT. Hard to do at Valentine's Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving....etc. But It Is Worth The Wait. Be careful who you spend your time with too. Don't block your blessing.

Guest NewPilgrim

I go to a mid-week bible study with my pastor and two other men. Its a great group, very enthusiastic, we all get on really well and learn alot from each other. However the one thing that always comes to the surface is the unconverted wives of the other two men. Both these men were saved after getting married and since then, for both men, the salvation state of their spouses is a huuuge burden in terms of sadness and frustration and in both cases is a permanent cause of tensions in the marriage. One of these men's family is split right down the middle - the man and his son are both saved but his wife and his daughter are not and while they all clearly love each other dearly, you can feel a definite "them and us" division through the house, all be it an amicable one. If you seriously want to marry a non-christian I'd advise you to talk to christians who wre already in that situation. Sometimes when we badly want something, even reading the bible isnt enough to convince us, I'd advise you to hear some first-hand witnesses too. I'm sure there are sites on the net that bring christians with unmarried spouses together.

Shalom

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.12
  • Days Won:  1

I have not married and the opportunity to me to get a Christian to be husband is very very small, should I lonely all life long? oh no,

On the other hand ,some of my friends believe the Christianism for their spouse

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  95
  • Birthday:  03/20/1980

By all means, be discriminating when choosing a mate........that's a good thing. :thumbsup:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This was the first thing that jumped into my mind, too! Great advice, WIP!

I posted this in another thread about relationships, but it bears repeating...

Too many people are running around trying to "find the right person." It makes more sense, to me, that we should instead try to "become the right person" first.

Think of what you want in a mate. Then think about whether that person would be attracted to you as you are right now. Are YOU happy with who you are right now? If not, give God the opportunity to do a work in you so that you can become the person you are supposed to be. For God, for yourself and for your future mate.

If you work at getting a mate by your own efforts, you'll have to work to keep that mate. If God finds your mate for you, He will keep you. This is where trust, patience and faith come in to play!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Wow!! awesome thanks keith and to all for such great advice but can some one tell me the chapter and verse of that yolked part thanks

you sis in christ our lord

EXCELLENT ADVISE FROM ALL ABOVE!!  :thumbsup:

I am single and would not date an unsaved man.  I never have ever in the past until just recently (which was against my better judgment).

I went out to eat with a man (an uncle of a friend).  I went with him basically to witness to the man.  We did go out to eat the second time, and I was able to share the Gospel. 

I invited the man to church, which is in his neighborhood.  To date, he has not come (since December).  If there was any interest at all in the Lord, he would have come.  He did go to church as a kid, so knows of God.

The man is older (as I am) and has money.  A couple friends thing I am wrong by not seeing him again, as he could "help financially".  HOGWASH.  God is not going to send an unsaved man into my life to help financially.

Anyway, be not unequally yolked.  This goes for dating also.  I have seen tooooo many people that are married to unsaved mates. 

I would definitely wait for a godly man, a saved man, even to date.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

wow............ your right ..........thanks

Marriage is supposed to be a PERMANENT thing. You don't sound like someone who is concerned about whether your life-long mate is committed to that concept.

If your mate is not a believer, you will sooner or later grow apart if he doesn't humble himself before the Lord. If he hardens his heart against God, who do you think will get the brunt of that? You, dear.

It will cause you so much pain that you will wish you weren't alive...much less married.

Wait for the one who puts God first and you will have a chance for a good marriage. Any other situation will cause you a LOT of pain before it's over.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm single yod .....I asked a question..curiousity ya know ...I wanted some guidence from you not criticism...... I surely am concerned or esle i would not ask what u guys thought but your advice is taken into account

peace

Edited by DearJudy,OurLord

Unsaved men that we choose to date have too many complications...............too many.  Allow God to bring him to you.  Yes, it can be a long wait.  I know first hand how things went when I said I got this one.  I didn't have a clue (when really I did!!!!) as to all the mess I was entering in.  God knows your heart and your desire to have a mate.  JUST WAIT.  Hard to do at Valentine's Day, Christmas, Thanksgiving....etc.  But It Is Worth The Wait.  Be careful who you spend your time with too.  Don't block your blessing.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

:thumbsup:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  49
  • Birthday:  05/05/1969

here is the scripture about being unequally yoked. 2 corinthians chapter 6 verse 14. please pray and seek the lord on this matter, marriage is a serious vow before god.

here is the scripture about being unequally yoked. 2 corinthians chapter 6 verse 14. please pray and seek the lord on this matter, marriage is a serious vow before god.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

thank you