IGNORED

THE RESURRECTION..OF JESUS CHRIST..?

Guest EPHRIAM777

Guest EPHRIAM777

HOW WOULD YOU PROVE THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS CHRIST REALLY HAPPENED TO A PERSON WHO SAID THEY DON'T BELIEVE IT REALLY HAPPENED..?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

I want to know as well...that's something I'm dealing with now, too--I have someone who doesn't quite believe it. Please help!!

I would first start at the beginning.  Find out what that person does or does not believe.  Start first of all with proving He actually existed.  Then I would probably move on to how He died (if needed).  From there, I would move on to talk about the extra biblical writings concerning the empty tomb.  After we have established that yes, Yeshua did exist, yes He did actually die by crucifiction, and yes there was an empty tomb where His body had been laid, I would move on to exploring why there was no body.  Carefully taking apart the explanations that person might have, then go on by adding there were 500 witnesses to one of His sermons after His death.  I would explore the witnesses' credibilities with that person.  And if all else fails, I would (or actually did) give the book "Case For Christ" and discuss the various points of the book with that person while he is reading it.

Guest EPHRIAM777
Quote: from kiwi on 9:16 pm on April 12, 2002

I want to know as well...that's something I'm dealing with now, too--I have someone who doesn't quite believe it. Please help!!

Eph writes...

The Resurrection of Jesus Christ stands on the testimony of the witnesses..!

Their eyewitness account of the facts..is what our faith is based on..!

(Edited by EPHRIAM777 at 7:56 pm on April 13, 2002)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

There is a discussion about the resurrection on this thread Eph: http://www.worthynews.com/worthyboards/top...3&topic=145  You may want to check it out, and if you have some questions I may be able to answer them, or we can have a dialogue about this topic.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  37
  • Content Count:  270
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Lana,

I didn't realize that was there-thanks for pointing that out. :cheesy: