IGNORED

Understanding Israel in Prophecy!

Hello,

So often I read through the forums and wonder if people really understand how Israel fits into Prophecy and if so, then how?

I will be addressing many different passages in Scripture in this thread and I ask you to participate in this Bible Study!

To begin this study let's look at Ezekiel 37 and the vision of the Valley of Dry Bones!

Ezekiel 37:1

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

You are right, the Lord has made a promise and he will keep it. Also there is much to learn from Zechariah. I wonder how many people really understand how this promise came to be? Many I feel are unaware of the promise made to Abraham and the difference between Isaac and Ishmael. I think there is a great need to bring people up to date on how we got to where we are today and tracing things back to the early days. The world tries in vain to labor against the Lord's plan and purpose.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

And the promise to Ishmael.

And the Angel of the Lord said to her: "Behold, you are with child, And you shall bear a son. You shall call his name Ishmael, Because the Lord has heard your affliction.

Guest EPHRIAM777

Hello,

So often I read through the forums and wonder if people really understand how Israel fits into Prophecy and if so, then how?

Eph writes...

:read:

ME too George...I often wonder why people think "Israel" and "Jews" mean the same thing..When God is quite clear their not..! This mistake I find leads to many more misapplications of scripture out of context..!

George writes..

To begin this study let's look at Ezekiel 37 and the vision of the Valley of Dry Bones!

Ezekiel 37:1

Guest EPHRIAM777

Amen!  Another aspect of Israel in Prophecy is the promise made to Isaac and not to Ishmael.

Eph writes...

Hey don't stop there with Isaac...keep going brother..!

From Isaac THE blessing went to Jacob..((not to Esau))..and from Jacob where did it go..?

GEN 48 Jacob "splits" the blessing between the ""2"" houses...GEN 48:13:20..Joseph's children recieve THE blessing..IN THEM shall ""Israel"" bless...Ephraim and Manassah got their part of the NOW split blessing..((Thats why Joseph is mentioned in EZK 37 as ONE stick))..

GEN 48:15:16 is critical..THEY will be known as "Israel" (let MY name be named on THEM)..That name then doesn't go to Judah..nor can Judah rightly claim it as their own..! They get the blessing to grow into a vast people..(( Judah BTW has never been a vast people..because they didn't GET that blessing))..

Simple huh..??

JUDAH recieves his portion of the blessing in GEN 49:10..The right to rule and reign..and make the Law (Jesus did that when he MADE the new law gave US the NEW commandments))..HE has the right to rule ALL...((and bring those 2 sticks together TOO ))..They are te present day Jews of today..!

So THE blessing was given to Abe..he passed it to Isaac..Isaac passed it to Jacob (who pinched it from Esau really..LOL)..

Then Jacob "split" the blessing in 2 parts...one portion going to Ephraim....yes I know how to spell it right :read:   ..and the other part going to Judah..! God said there was to be no more switching or cheating or tricking another out of their own blessing from that time on..SEE Num 36:7:9..!

So that means the portion that Eph and Manasseh recieved can't be "rightly" claimed by Judah today..! Although they might mistakenly THINK it's given to them..their wrong..!

That only happens when people wrongly apply or use the terms Judah..Jews..and Israel to mean the same thing..!

:noidea:

Guest EPHRIAM777

Eph writes...

Notice Jesus doesn't misuse the names..!

When he speaks of JUDEA..in the end days MATT 24:16..He calls them Judea..Not Israel..If he called them "Israel" it would mess up Prophesy..!

When the present State of Israel was created ....Ben Gurion debated with others whether to call it Judea or Israel..."Israel" won the vote..Some to this day in the Orthodox sect of Judiasm wish to have the capital moved to Hebron..and not Jerusalem..Because that is where the Throne of Judah was prior to King David uniting the tribes..SEE 2 SAM 5:1:5...David ruled Judah from Hebron for 7 1/2 yrs...Then ruled ALL Israel from Jerusalem for 33 yrs...!

Jesus had it right..it is Judea in his eyes and word...!

:noidea: ya gotta hit the books

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  193
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,459
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  09/20/1965

EPH,

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

i agree that God himself divides along boundaries in some cases, actually many cases, but at the end, they come back together as the children of Israel, and all the tribes (well, except Dan, from whence the Antichrist comes) are represented.  

Rev 7:3-8   Saying, Hurt not the earth, neither the sea, nor the trees, till we have sealed the servants of our God in their foreheads.  And I heard the number of them which were sealed: [and there were] sealed an hundred [and] forty [and] four thousand of all the tribes of the children of Israel.  Of the tribe of Juda [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Reuben [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Gad [were] sealed twelve thousand.  Of the tribe of Aser [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Nepthalim [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Manasses [were] sealed twelve thousand.  Of the tribe of Simeon [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Levi [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Issachar [were] sealed twelve thousand.  Of the tribe of Zabulon [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Joseph [were] sealed twelve thousand. Of the tribe of Benjamin [were] sealed twelve thousand.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  45
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

yes, and I realize these are a special case and are a special group...I talked about them in the thesis in Last Trump.  I talk alot about the metaphorical Israel there too.  The point I am making is that the 10 "lost tribes" are not deleted in end times prophecy.

for instance, this talks of the end times, at the time when Jesus returns:

Zec 12:10   And I will pour upon the house of David, and upon the inhabitants of Jerusalem, the spirit of grace and of supplications: and they shall look upon me whom they have pierced, and they shall mourn for him, as one mourneth for [his] only [son], and shall be in bitterness for him, as one that is in bitterness for [his] firstborn.  

Zec 12:11   In that day shall there be a great mourning in Jerusalem, as the mourning of Hadadrimmon in the valley of Megiddon.  

Zec 12:12   And the land shall mourn, every family apart; the family of the house of David apart, and their wives apart; the family of the house of Nathan apart, and their wives apart;  

Zec 12:13   The family of the house of Levi apart, and their wives apart; the family of Shimei (Simeon) apart, and their wives apart;  

Zec 12:14   All the families that remain (what's left of the tribes of Israel), every family apart, and their wives apart.