• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  13
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,438
  • Content Per Day:  0.83
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  08/11/1989

53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 

I don't quite understand what Jesus meant by eating his body and drinking his blood

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/10/1995

Luke 22: 19, 20

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and break it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

13 minutes ago, Warrior of Jesus said:

Luke 22: 19, 20

19 And he took bread, and gave thanks, and break it, and gave unto them, saying, This is my body which is given for you: this do in remembrance of me.

20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

Ok. So you are saying he was just talking about the Holy Communion?

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  35
  • Topic Count:  100
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  41,250
  • Content Per Day:  7.98
  • Days Won:  76
  • Birthday:  07/27/1957

Jesus is the only life that was lived within the created format without sin... To A Holy and Righteous God who cannot even give place to sin but extract Himself
eternally from it, as it is the rebellion of Lucifer, this means  that through His Living obedience God was made able to justify the ungodly.  When we look to
His Life in exchange for our damned one we are born of His Life, His Glory, His Purpose, awaiting a union with God through His Flesh and His Blood

Ge 2:23
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
KJV

1 Co 15:45-49

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
KJV

Eph 5:22-28

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
KJV

We are taken from the physical realties of Christ into the s/Spiritual realities of Him as well...
Love, Steven

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  266
  • Content Per Day:  0.09
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/10/1995

1 hour ago, SIC said:

58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 

Psalm 78:24, 25

24 He rained down manna upon them to eat And gave them food from heaven.

25 Man did eat the bread of angels; He sent them food in abundance.

God fed Israelites with the food of angels. It came down from Heaven. Yet they died. Jesus does not talk about physical death. He talks about the spiritual death. They ate the food from heaven yet they could not be saved. Jesus came down from heaven. His body represents his words. His words give life to our soul. It secures the soul from spiritual death. We attained salvation by the blood of Jesus shed on the cross. Just like food gives strength to our body, his words also strengthens our soul. By believing his words and following his words, we will have eternal life.

1 hour ago, enoob57 said:

Jesus is the only life that was lived within the created format without sin... To A Holy and Righteous God who cannot even give place to sin but extract Himself
eternally from it, as it is the rebellion of Lucifer, this means  that through His Living obedience God was made able to justify the ungodly.  When we look to
His Life in exchange for our damned one we are born of His Life, His Glory, His Purpose, awaiting a union with God through His Flesh and His Blood

Ge 2:23
23 And Adam said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called Woman, because she was taken out of Man.
KJV

1 Co 15:45-49

45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.

46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.

47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.

48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.

49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
KJV

Eph 5:22-28

22 Wives, submit yourselves unto your own husbands, as unto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, even as Christ is the head of the church: and he is the saviour of the body.

24 Therefore as the church is subject unto Christ, so let the wives be to their own husbands in every thing.

25 Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church, and gave himself for it;

26 That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word,

27 That he might present it to himself a glorious church, not having spot, or wrinkle, or any such thing; but that it should be holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to love their wives as their own bodies. He that loveth his wife loveth himself.
KJV

We are taken form the physical realties of Christ into the s/Spiritual realities of Him as well...
Love, Steven

28 minutes ago, Warrior of Jesus said:

Psalm 78:24, 25

24 He rained down manna upon them to eat And gave them food from heaven.

25 Man did eat the bread of angels; He sent them food in abundance.

God fed Israelites with the food of angels. It came down from Heaven. Yet they died. Jesus does not talk about physical death. He talks about the spiritual death. They ate the food from heaven yet they could not be saved. Jesus came down from heaven. His body represents his words. His words give life to our soul. It secures the soul from spiritual death. We attained salvation by the blood of Jesus shed on the cross. Just like food gives strength to our body, his words also strengthens our soul. By believing his words and following his words, we will have eternal life.

Thank you :) 

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

2 hours ago, SIC said:

53 Jesus said to them, “Very truly I tell you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of Man and drink his blood, you have no life in you. 54 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood has eternal life, and I will raise them up at the last day. 55 For my flesh is real food and my blood is real drink.56 Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them. 57 Just as the living Father sent me and I live because of the Father, so the one who feeds on me will live because of me. 58 This is the bread that came down from heaven. Your ancestors ate manna and died, but whoever feeds on this bread will live forever.” 

I don't quite understand what Jesus meant by eating his body and drinking his blood

Hi Sic

Jesus is speaking about his doctrine.  His flesh is his "words".  Spiritual food for the spirit that gives life.  Jesus doesn't want us to feed on someone else's flesh...ie strange flesh which is to go outside of the scriptures, and accept a doctrine from someone else, but to keep inside the scriptures and he will feed us directly.

10 minutes ago, Sister said:

Hi Sic

Jesus is speaking about his doctrine.  His flesh is his "words".  Spiritual food for the spirit that gives life.  Jesus doesn't want us to feed on someone else's flesh...ie strange flesh which is to go outside of the scriptures, and accept a doctrine from someone else, but to keep inside the scriptures and he will feed us directly.

Ok. blood?

Guest Robert

Scripture tells us in Genesis that "the blood is the life". If we take it in that regard, the "body" would be Jesus' teaching, and the "blood" would be His life. I believe what He is saying in this verse is that we are to "consume" (that is, take in and live by), His words and the life He lived here on Earth. Faithful to God unto death, always putting the Father's will ahead of His own, a humble servant, not seeking His own desires but the Father's.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  17
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Content Count:  3,727
  • Content Per Day:  1.04
  • Days Won:  5

28 minutes ago, SIC said:

Ok. blood?

Matthew 26:26   And as they were eating, Jesus took bread, and blessed it, and brake it, and gave it to the disciples, and said, Take, eat; this is my body.

Matthew 26:27   And he took the cup, and gave thanks, and gave it to them, saying, Drink ye all of it;

Matthew 26:28   For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission of sins.

Matthew 20:22   But Jesus answered and said, Ye know not what ye ask. Are ye able to drink of the cup that I shall drink of, and to be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with? They say unto him, We are able.

Matthew 20:23   And he saith unto them, Ye shall drink indeed of my cup, and be baptized with the baptism that I am baptized with: but to sit on my right hand, and on my left, is not mine to give, but it shall be given to them for whom it is prepared of my Father.

1 Corinthians 11:25   After the same manner also he took the cup, when he had supped, saying, This cup is the new testament in my blood: this do ye, as oft as ye drink it, in remembrance of me.

Jesus was persecuted for righteousness sake.  If we shall be like him, we must be prepared to drink of the same cup that he drank of.  In other words, be prepared to suffer also as he did.  Be prepared for what is coming as he was.

Revelation 12:17   And the dragon was wroth with the woman, and went to make war with the remnant of her seed, which keep the commandments of God, and have the testimony of Jesus Christ.