• Group:  Seeker
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  175
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

On 6/24/2016 at 11:09 AM, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

My hope in creating this thread is that those of us, or even Seekers, can ask questions about the Bible and any of us Christians, led by the Spirit of God, may answer using Holy Scriptures as a reference for our beliefs.  This is the true purpose of apologetics.  Please keep this civil and try to ask only questions not covered elsewhere in this forum.

I will post a question later, myself, that's been concerning me.  Feel free to get started and may God bless and use this thread/forum for the growth of His people.

Referencing Holy Scriptures sometimes isn't helpful if you are trying to explain/defend your beliefs to a non-fundamentalist Christian. It probably depends on the question I suppose.

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  54
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

I agree, Seeker. Hardly anyone comes to Scripture, with a blank mind.  Everyone views Scripture through a lens. Often, that is forgotten about.  So it is all too easy for someone  the try and win an argument by saying, "Scripture says such-and-such" and leave it go at that.  Thing is, one may well be presenting one's interpretation of Scripture, which may or may not be solid or agreed upon between the two parties.  So you need to be very clear about your interpretative framework.   If, for example, you are viewing Scripture through the lens of fundamentalaistic Christianity, then Scripture is inerrant and Moses wrote the Pentateuch.  If, however, you are reviewing Scripture  through the lens of modern biblical studies, then it is a different story.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.97

21 hours ago, turquoise said:

Referencing Holy Scriptures sometimes isn't helpful if you are trying to explain/defend your beliefs to a non-fundamentalist Christian. It probably depends on the question I suppose.

If a seeker is not asking questions, he/she is not really seeking.  My hope in creating this thread is that one or more Christian members of the Worthy Network could provide answers to those sincerely seeking.  I was not seeking when I became a Christian, as my testimony attests to.