IGNORED

Blaspheming the Holy Spirit.

HAZARD

Guest shiloh357
3 hours ago, Beebert said:

So you mean basically that they never WILL confess their sins and ask for forgiveness? But it is still hard to understand. Because IF someone hypothetically did like the pharisees but then asked for forgiveness, or if one of the pharisees who blasphemed the holy spirit would have realized they actually did something very wrong and wanted forgiveness, forgiveness would not have been granted to them?

The sin against the Holy Spirit consists in continual impenitence and unbelief.  It is not an act, but habit.  It is the calm, determined, and persevering rejection of Jesus Christ as the Savior of man, in opposition to all the testimony of His word and Spirit.  Consequently, its nature is incapable of forgiveness.  N on who is afraid of having committed this sin has done so; for its very nature is to have no fear on that account.  It is committed and continued in delightedly and knowingly, where it is committed at all.

If a person were to repent of this sin, they would of course, be forgiven because there is no sin that is bigger than the blood of Jesus.  But the nature of the sin makes it impossible for them to see a need to repent.  They are happy and satisfied to live habitually this way.  Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is a lifestyle, an ongoing lifestyle purposed in open rebellion and slander against God.   It's not a one time sin you commit.  It is a way of life that one lives in daily.

One of the biggest misunderstandings about this sin is that it such a horrible sin that not even God can find it in Himself to forgive it.   The problem with that take on this is that it makes man more powerful than God.  It means that we can out-sin God's grace and it means that Jesus' sacrifice is, in fact, insufficient for all sin.   That is simply untenable.

Guest shiloh357
48 minutes ago, Beebert said:

So you mean it is not to say "no" to Christ? Not to "fall away" from faith? Not to say "no" to salvation?

That is the root of it, yes.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

That is the root of it, yes.

But is the sin then to refuse Christ untill you die? It is so hard for me to understand the sin. I mean, I guess that God forgives a man who wants forgiveness?

Guest shiloh357
2 minutes ago, Beebert said:

But is the sin then to refuse Christ untill you die? It is so hard for me to understand the sin. I mean, I guess that God forgives a man who wants forgiveness?

Forgiveness is available, but you have to appropriate it by faith.   It is not automatic.   God doesn't save us without us first repenting, asking him to forgive us and our willingness to accept Jesus as our personal Lord and Savior. 

Blasphemy of the Holy Spirit is lifestyle, not a single, one time committal of a sin.  It is ongoing, purposed, deliberate rebellion against God.  It's nature is that of  a conscious ongoing hatred of God. 

I understand it is. But why can one not repent from rebellion? 

Guest shiloh357
23 minutes ago, Beebert said:

I understand it is. But why can one not repent from rebellion? 

Because they don't have the will or desire to repent.

Of course. But what if they rebell and then want to repent?

Guest shiloh357
5 minutes ago, Beebert said:

Of course. But what if they rebell and then want to repent?

The nature of this sin is such that they will not want to.   I have already answered the hypothetical in a previous post.

Okay I do not question that you are right. I just find it difficult to somewhat understand haha

Guest shiloh357
12 minutes ago, Beebert said:

Okay I do not question that you are right. I just find it difficult to somewhat understand haha

It is mind-boggling why someone would be so evil as to never want to repent, but there are people like that in our world.