• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  762
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/10/1982

Dear Spark. I am praying for you today. !  I am so excited for you. The tugging you feel is the Holy Spirit! Let the Lord guide your path and you will not stray my brother! Know that God is close -and Loves you!  rejoice in that knowledge  

Romans 8:14"For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God

Have a blessed day! 

Claudia

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  6,873
  • Content Per Day:  2.42
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  11/10/1986

On 8/5/2016 at 9:00 PM, spark said:

I feel so pulled . but one friend says I'm wasting my time but god feels so real 

I wanted to kind of add something to this.

I would ask yourself, or even them, why it is that they wouldn't want you to be a Christian, to find God. Even if they don't believe, why would they want you not to? In many cases, the answer is selfishness. People don't want you to change because they benefit from the relationship with you the way you are now, the way they know you. A change to you may well represent a change to the relationship they enjoy, in a way that might affect them in some way. It's a selfish thing, to tell a person not to be some way or do some thing, only because they themselves don't want you to change. Maybe they're worried you won't want to do the same things, tell the same jokes, if you become "one of those Christian types." I've seen it before.

You may end up losing "friends" over a relationship with Christ. But of course, those "friends" aren't really friends at all, deep down, are they?