Keith

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  706
  • Content Per Day:  0.10
  • Days Won:  0

Yeah that is great that you are following the leading of the spirit. I would just caution you like I do all of the people are Spiritual Pen Pals through my office:

Do not send money for ANY reason, do not contact someone on their behalf, and you can send them encouraging articles and materials, but don't get into the habit of filling a request. Unless it is for spiritual use, a study Bible, I wouldn't send anything.

Be cautious, I have many inmates who are very good at sounding eloquent and sincere on paper, but in the real world, they aren't as capable. It truly is a ministry, and I pray God will bless you.

Constant, I am sorry that happened to you, and happy you were able to get closer. I don't really have much closer for most of my perpetrators, the main question I had and still have for them is, did they do it to anyone else. It is not enough to apologize to me, and to get help, it is imperative that they see the damage and own up to what they did, and come clean. I hope that the man who molested you did not do it to any other boy.

GBU

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

I understand the positions of Constant, Big Steve, and others. You folks have a BIG responsiblity. I admire the way you do your jobs. I am a former police officer and have seen some really scary stuff and been involved in some really sad situations. We had a small municipal jail at one department I worked at. Just a small taste of what you folks deal with. Yes, this is a very deep thread, I'm glad to see so far that all agree that all those in prison and local jails need Jesus.

Constant, you have a good approach in your situation. Only know the most pertenant information you need for safety reasons, as I believe Big Steve would agree. Knowing the what they have done, will not change anything. Satan will use it to tell you that they are not worth Jesus saving, and use your own human emotions against you.

I also had a brother that was in prison. He is doing well, and is working a job and getting his life back together. Thank the Lord.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Can I please ask for those including myself who are sensitive to the pain of others, that we not get too descriptive in this thread. I was raped by a male neighbour when I was 2 years old and I still remember much of the horror of that day and the subsequent years of terror that he would try and do it again. There were other things that were done to me by my own earthly father, but I will not detail those events.

I'm sorry if I am muffling some of your healing by asking for brevity here, but if it continues, I'll just try and unsubscribe from this thread...no biggie.

Thanks

Love

YSIC

Faithie :noidea:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

Yeah that is great that you are following the leading of the spirit.  I would just caution you like I do all of the people are Spiritual Pen Pals through my office:

Do not send money for ANY reason, do not contact someone on their behalf, and you can send them encouraging articles and materials, but don't get into the habit of filling a request.  Unless it is for spiritual use, a study Bible, I wouldn't send anything. 

Be cautious, I have many inmates who are very good at sounding eloquent and sincere on paper, but in the real world, they aren't as capable.  It truly is a ministry, and I pray God will bless you.

Constant, I am sorry that happened to you, and happy you were able to get closer.  I don't really have much closer for most of my perpetrators, the main question I had and still have for them is, did they do it to anyone else.  It is not enough to apologize to me, and to get help, it is imperative that they see the damage and own up to what they did, and come clean.  I hope that the man who molested you did not do it to any other boy. 

GBU

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I am a woman, not a boy :noidea: No, he never did. Thank God!

Can I please ask for those including myself who are sensitive to the pain of others, that we not get too descriptive in this thread. I was raped by a male neighbour when I was 2 years old and I still remember much of the horror of that day and the subsequent years of terror that he would try and do it again. There were other things that were done to me by my own earthly father, but I will not detail those events.

I'm sorry if I am muffling some of your healing by asking for brevity here, but if it continues, I'll just try and unsubscribe from this thread...no biggie.

Thanks

Love

YSIC

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Sorry to hear that this happened to you. This thread isn't pionting to rape or anything else like that. It is not the topic at hand. We are describing and talking about our personal experiences with the prison system whether if we work at one, been in one, or have a loved on in there. When we brought up rape or molestation, it is just giving readers an idea of our points of views. Please Don't take it personally to you.

Thanks Constant for your loving words. I guess I was so exposed to sexual abuse and violent encounters with my earthly father I am one to avoid anything to do with that in my adult life. I am really thankful though that God saw fit to heal me and I am a very wifely wife with my husband. My experience as a child with physical abuse disguised as 'discipline' have made me be rather more careful with how I chose to "Disciple" my children as the Lord would have me.

Thanks for being so loving and understanding.

Thanks Constant for your loving words. I guess I was so exposed to sexual abuse and violent encounters with my earthly father I am one to avoid anything to do with that in my adult life. I am really thankful though that God saw fit to heal me and I am a very wifely wife with my husband. My experience as a child with physical abuse disguised as 'discipline' have made me be rather more careful with how I chose to "Disciple" my children as the Lord would have me.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do understand and I again apologize if this post made you feel a certain way. I never want people to feel uncomfortable with what I write or say. :wub:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I do understand and I again apologize if this post made you feel a certain way. I never want people to feel uncomfortable with what I write or say. :24:

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Constant you are so lovely :24: What a wonderful sibling you are in the Lord :wub:

Love

YSIC

Faithie :b:

Thank you! Same goes for you! :noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

Constant, you have a good approach in your situation. Only know the most pertenant information you need for safety reasons, as I believe Big Steve would agree. Knowing the what they have done, will not change anything. Satan will use it to tell you that they are not worth Jesus saving, and use your own human emotions against you.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

This is exactly what I try to do. I don't like knowing the crime someone is in jail for if I can help it, although it is almost inevitable we find out at some point. It helps to not know the particular crimes alot of times though when you can avoid it. If you let your emotions dictate your actions, it puts you at a disadvantage.

We have a classification system for our inmates based on their security/safety risk. So you know when you are in a particular cell block amongst the most dangerous people. But you never let your guard down no matter where you're at.

Other than that, I try to treat everyone the same, until their own actions dictate otherwise.

This is a great thread, it's good to get such a wide variety of opinions. Thank you to eveyone for sharing!