Keith

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

Big Steve, Constant, Shelby, & others in such similar jobs, ministries, etc.

A BIG THANK YOU!!!!! Thanks to you all that keep us safe by guarding those that can be a risk to our safety. We appreciate what you do, especially with a Christian attitude. You all seem to have the right mindset to your duties. I know that it is not easy to strike a balance, but you all show that you can do your jobs with professionalism, and with Christian compassion.

God bless you and keep you safe, and use you to glorify Him in your positions. In tune with Hill Street Blues' Sgt. Phil Esterhaus, "Let's be careful in there." :thumbsup:

YIC,

Joe.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  227
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,004
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  01/31/1906

Big Steve, Constant, Shelby, & others in such similar jobs, ministries, etc.

A BIG THANK YOU!!!!! Thanks to you all that keep us safe by guarding those that can be a risk to our safety. We appreciate what you do, especially with a Christian attitude. You all seem to have the right mindset to your duties. I know that it is not easy to strike a balance, but you all show that you can do your jobs with professionalism, and with Christian compassion.

God bless you and keep you safe, and use you to glorify Him in your positions. In tune with Hill Street Blues' Sgt. Phil Esterhaus, "Let's be careful in there." :thumbsup:

YIC,

Joe.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I second that! :24:

**BUMP**

Guest Jacee

Hi

Just thought I'd share a little with you all. I'm writing to a prisoner in Ca. I'm also new to this, but it has been so far a very uplifting thing. At first he was puzzled as to how I got his address. And I don't really know how the prison ministry did get it and told him that. A few weeks later someone puts a bible outside his cell. He has no idea how that got there, and didn't know for sure if it was for him. His cell mate wasn't interested so he took it. Over these few months he has gone from being thankful for mail to a very onfire christian. Was just baptized a week ago. And I've been blessed to hear how the Lord has worked in his life. He has been in and out of church. Same as he has been in and out of jail. He said most of his life he has been incarcerated and now is 50. And is quite honest about fearing being released for he is secure behind bars. And he isn't anywhere near being paroled.

It isn't my writing to him that would be credited. That was just a start. Now he is under Kairos ministry. I don't know what that is or where they are located. God bless all of you who have taken on the ministry. And all of you who work with this diffucult job.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  205
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Jacee,

Sounds like God has used you, and apperantly others to bring this man to Christ. Praise the Lord, that you went on with this, even though you must have been leary in the beginning given the circumstances.

YIC,

Joe.

P.S. Praying for you both.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,946
  • Content Per Day:  0.28
  • Birthday:  06/06/1979

There is this one guy who has been in the brig for a few years and he is so smart. He is a bodybuilder and a well educated man. He is about my age,25, and he has about 5 more years left in the brig. We talk alot about bodybuilding, nutrition and the sort. He knows pretty much everything there is to know about the life style. He reminds me of rain man! He talks about being a personal trainer and nutritionist and opening up a gym when he gets out. My husband and I love talking with him. We had no idea why he was in here. One of our Gunny's told us that he was the biggest ecstacy dealer on the east coast! Hmm... really didn't want to know that information because now I try not to treat the prisoners differently but the same. He seems like he is sincerely trying to rehabilitate himself and I have a hard time with forgiveness when it comes to scum like that but, he is such a good guy. My question is: How do I bring up the Lord to him? I don't want to scare him away from it but I want to help bring it to him. Any suggestions?

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  274
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  01/05/1969

does he go to any bible studies or services at all? Maybe you could bring it up in relation to that, ask him if he plans to continue that on the outside. From there you could go deeper into the subject, depending on how the conversation is going. Ive found sometimes once that subject is brought up, many of them are willing, even eager, to talk about it. You just have to have the right moment to bring it up.

**BUMP AGAIN**