IGNORED

The life death of Sr. Mary Magdalene a 97 year old Nun (In her own words)

markdohle

Guest Teditis
10 minutes ago, Behold said:

Dont feel sorry for me.

Instead, learn to read vs getting caught up in the emotionalism of the story that hides the fact that this woman got a rock from Jesus in a dream, that you feel is her "salvation".

So, i deal in truth, and im not interested in candy sweet stories that are designed to hide the truth.

God does not save people in DREAMS by giving them sweet feelings as Jesus hands then a Rock.

Bottomline.

Let be real, as Salvation is not some smoke and mirrors "jesus handed me a rock"  emotionalism fakery.

I think that you need to re-read the OP again... the description of her conversion is clear in the midst of the story.

And quit hyper-focusing on the stone that she received in the dream sequence at the end. You're getting caught up

in your own preconceptions and missing the beauty of a testimony of how God turned a life around and gave meaning

to a life that had none previously (before her conversion).

• Group:  Mars Hill
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  87
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,795
  • Content Per Day:  1.34
  • Days Won:  3

6 minutes ago, Teditis said:

I think that you need to re-read the OP again... the description of her conversion is clear in the midst of the story.

And quit hyper-focusing on the stone that she received in the dream sequence at the end. You're getting caught up

in your own preconceptions and missing the beauty of a testimony of how God turned a life around and gave meaning

to a life that had none previously (before her conversion).

The middle of the story is where the Saved Nun witnessed to her., and other then that, the 97 yr old speaks about another good feeling she had when dealing with the cookie (Eucharist).

So, there is no salvation in hearing without BELIEVING, as this nun heard the Gospel, but, that is all she did, according to her story.

This story is a testimony of 97 years, never saved, then at the end she talks about a rock and a sweet feeling.

This is not conversion, this is not salvation.....Its is just a very sweet story., so, try to discern what is missing, and dont just get swept away with her name, and the presentation of the events.

Edited by Behold

Guest Teditis
11 minutes ago, Behold said:

The middle of the story is where the Saved Nun witnessed to her., and other then that, the 97 yr old speaks about another good feeling she had when dealing with the cookie (Eucharist).

So, there is no salvation in hearing without BELIEVING, as this nun heard the Gospel, but, that is all she did, according to her story.

This story is a testimony of 97 years, never saved, then at the end she talks about a rock and a sweet feeling.

This is not conversion, this is not salvation.....Its is just a very sweet story., so, try to discern what is missing, and dont just get swept away with her name, and the presentation of the events.

You're blinded by your preconceived notions of the Catholic church... probably gained by reading too many Chick-tracts.

First off it's not meant to be an exhaustive and comprehensive detailing of someone's conversion. it's a synopsis. And the

conversion part of her life is mentioned in brief because the radical change in her life and heart are the result of that conversion.

We look at the "fruits" of the Holy Spirit in a person so that we can discern the validity of conversion... this story has all that.

Secondly, it's your own discernment that's in question and a lack of rational thinking when making observations about a simple

testimony. Lack of evidence in such a brief synopsis is not evidence of her not becoming saved. Yet you are quick with accusations

that simply have no basis of credible evidence. Ergo, you're reading too much into the narrative that you don't have the right to do.

Being so judgmental of an individual is talked about in Scripture and we are warned against it... but you do it with reckless disregard.

Everything that you've posted in this thread says more about you than it does this woman. Live that way if you want to, but Jesus calls

us away from such foolishness and to put on Love towards our "neighbor".

BTW, you have a chance to get to know MarkDohle as a person instead of a facet of some monolithic bastion of evil. See what he believes about

God and Jesus Christ, then make the decision if you think he's Saved or not. Just talk to him to see what makes Catholics tick. I think that you'll

find that you've been doing a grave injustice to your brothers and sisters in Christ

24 minutes ago, Teditis said:

You're blinded by your preconceived notions of the Catholic church..

As i said to you previously, Teditis, ......its best not to be swept away by the (tear jerking)  storyline.......As this has caused you to not be able to realize the fact that this person was nearly 100 years old and all she can state as her reality about her conversion, was that Jesus gave her a rock in her "dream".

Now, if this is how you view the work of the Cross.......then that is your business, but for people who are not 12 years old, and can see past this stories emotional attempt to drain a few tears from your eyes.....Its empty.

The SAVED person in the story is the kind Nun who tried unsuccessfully  to win this 97 yr old dreamer to Christ.

Now, THAT NUN is the one that matters in this story, and its too bad we are not able to read her life story.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

33 minutes ago, Yowm said:

"On the day I died at the age of 97, I was not feeling well and knew my time was very near.  I was afraid to meet my maker for I still felt soiled and unworthy and still had not really experienced true love. "

I can only shake my head. After all the counsel she got from Rome, she never was given the Gospel.

As a matter of fact I never heard the Gospel in the whole story including the dream.

I've noticed in much of Markdohle's posts a subtle belittling of the preached word and a not so subtle push of Romes ways. Fine. Just don't be offended when we push back.

I am not offended, why should I be ;-).  I read the gospel everyday and love St. Paul.   If I had thin skin I would not post here my friend. 

I am proud to be Catholic, it is because of my faith I have come to love Jesus Christ with my whole being, well as far as I am able, and with his love and grace I am sure he will bring it fruition.  Jesus always completes his work.  The sacraments are important to me in my spiritual life, the Eucharist especially, as it has always been from the beginning of the Christian church.   We are told to confess our sins to one another, so the sacrament of reconciliation I find deeply healing.

I also have a deep devotion to the Blessed Mother who is not anywhere a replacement for Jesus.  For it is only because of the grace of Jesus death on the cross that she is who she is.  I also pray to the saints, because like Mary are part of the Body of Christ, and truly have the heart and mind of Christ in its fullness.  They in no way get in the deeply personal love I have for Jesus Christ. 

I have nor problem with the anti-catholic bias here, this is a protestant site after all ;-).   I am here to learn but also not to hide.  I don't argue, it is a waste of time.  As far as I am concerned you and all those here are my brothers and sisters in Christ Jesus, if some here don't believe that, I am fine with that also.  There are good people here, people who love Jesus, that is enough for me.

Guest Teditis

34 minutes ago, Behold said:

As i said to you previously, Teditis, ......its best not to be swept away by the (tear jerking)  storyline.......As this has caused you to not be able to realize the fact that this person was nearly 100 years old and all she can state as her reality about her conversion, was that Jesus gave her a rock in her "dream".

Now, if this is how you view the work of the Cross.......then that is your business, but for people who are not 12 years old, and can see past this stories emotional attempt to drain a few tears from your eyes.....Its empty.

The SAVED person in the story is the kind Nun who tried unsuccessfully  to win this 97 yr old dreamer to Christ.

Now, THAT NUN is the one that matters in this story, and its too bad we are not able to read her life story.

Stay blinded if that's your will... just know that you're going against God... still obsessed about the rock in the dream.

In the story she states: "Over time I felt a glimmer of hope in my heart and slowly learned to love Jesus."

That's the kind of story that I like to hear about.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  216
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

It is truly sad that we think we get to dictate how,when and where God saves someone. It is even sadder when we let our hatred for our brothers choice of a worship place override our own mercy and love. It even extends to those asking others to obey Jesus and show love. I have been attacked here every time I ask that we follow Jesus commands....LOVE ONE ANOTHER. I am not catholic I am a grateful saint made holy and righteousness by Jesus Christ. I found salvation in jail. If someone else finds it at a catholic church or a lutheran church who am I to say they are not saved? Do you not see that by focusing on our differences and spewing hatred for them you are doing satan's work and not the work of a Christian? Anyone unsure or undecided would read this and other ops and think "look at that, those so called followers of Jesus are the same as anyone else, they too are ruled by their prejudices, hate and fears"

I suppose it's a waste of time trying to point this out as those whose hearts are hardened will never see without divine intervention but if there is an undecided person reading this op please know Jesus is about loving one another and He is Truth and freedom. Do not let a few hate filled,misguided people effect your decision.

43 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Stay blinded if that's your will.

As long as i can read, im not blind.

And as long as you are too emotional and never discerning regarding what you read, you are blind.

10 minutes ago, Flsnookman said:

It is truly sad that we think we get to dictate how,when and where God saves someone.

Christians are to Love and they are also to be discerning of spiritual traps, unethical myths, and to always be aware of those on forums like this one who would try to deceive using emotionalism, guilt trips,  & spiritual fakery.

Edited by Behold

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

20 minutes ago, Behold said:

Christians are to Love and they are also to be discerning of spiritual traps, unethical myths, and to always be aware of those on forums like this one who would try to deceive using emotionalism, guilt trips,  & spiritual fakery.

Actually I was trying to show how hard it is for people to trust at least on a level of conscious intent.   Yet people still love and serve God.  If God is love, then he sees us at our very depth, we only see the surface.  In my post I was trying to show in some small way the love that Jesus has for all of his children.  We see little, God sees all, that is why we are told not to judge, because we can often be wrong in our assessments of others.  Trust is a choice, not an emotional state.  I have learned to trust in God's love for me in Christ Jesus because of my experience of his faithfulness to me in all of life's circumstances.  However whenever we experience God's love first hand, it is very emotional, for it touches the hearts deepest longing, to be seen and loved.