• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Flsnookman said:

So now you say saved people do not suffer?? The whole reason you post here is to cause discourse and strife. Not one of your posts edifies God. Is is sad that certain posters can say whatever they like including pointed personal attacks and not get booted from a thread? Yes. Is it even sadder that they let hate blind them to the commands Jesus left us? Yes. The saddest thing of all however is this fleshly,wicked need to prove ourselves right no matter the cost. Notice that when Jesus was being questioned He stayed silent. Many here (myself often included) could learn much from that.

We should be asking ourselves why are we posting the things we post? Is it out of love? Is it out of pride? Is it out of a childish and pitiful need to cause others to argue? Or is it to push forward what we consider some all encompassing knowledge we and only we think we possess? Also interesting is that when people are called out they will loudly deny doing that which is there for all to see only a page or two earlier. 

We do not get to say who is or is not saved. The wisest thing I have seen in this thread is from the person who said we should attend to our own walk with God. If we all did this and did not sink to the level of attacking those who might dare disagree with our perceived perception of that which we can not fully understand what a much better world it would be.

Thank you for your post.  I find silence the better course, probably because I am so old.  As a Catholic, like Mother Teresa, I am used to being told I am a reprobate and do not seek to defend myself anymore, it is not worth the energy in any case......It gives me something to pray about, you know pouring hot coals my enemies head LOL......Even though many on this forum do not believe it, we are in reality brothers and sister in Christ Jesus, human judgement or simple opinion has nothing to do with it, it is based on the Infinite love and grace of Jesus Christ.....thanks be to God.

Peace
Mark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

On 9/5/2016 at 11:16 AM, RustyAngeL said:

I heard the words of a woman who loved Jesus and just wanted to serve him.

Then why was she constantly talking about darkness within her soul?

Mother Teresa also said "I have Jesus, I have no fear." And spoke a lot about Jesus to

the people in her ministry. She wasn't as one-sided as the OP wants people to believe.

I've inserted just one example of this but Jesus was undoubtedly her Lord and Savior

according to her... and throughout her time she showed this in her daily life.

Follow the profession of Faith and the Fruits. Not a statement said during a dark night

of the soul.

3 minutes ago, Teditis said:

Mother Teresa also said "I have Jesus, I have no fear." And spoke a lot about Jesus to

the people in her ministry. She wasn't as one-sided as the OP wants people to believe.

I've inserted just one example of this but Jesus was undoubtedly her Lord and Savior

according to her... and throughout her time she showed this in her daily life.

Follow the profession of Faith and the Fruits. Not a statement said during a dark night

of the soul.

Well said, thank you.

Peace
Mark

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  423
  • Content Per Day:  0.15
  • Days Won:  1

On Thursday, September 08, 2016 at 6:28 AM, shiloh357 said:

That isn't really the whole story, though. 

Then maybe you could enlighten us on the rest of the story.

There is far more to how the RCC looks at salvation.

Really.....Then how about the Maronite Catholics, Ukrainian Catholics, and Chaldean Catholics? How do they look at salvation?

That article is just meant to appease Evangelicals and ward off the unbiblical, indefensible views of salvation that surround the sacraments and purgatory and the insufficiency of Christ that those doctrines actually represent.

This is probably the most ridiculous statement I've seen in reguards to Catholicism within this Worthy Christian forum. The Catholic Church does not need to appease anyone but God!  ................ Good Grief!

Salvation in Catholicism is by works and we have had more than one Roman Catholic on here teaching that we must purify ourselves in order to go to heaven.d

Here you go again Shiloh357, trying to portray yourself as being knowlgeable in Catholicism when in fact, you are far from it. The Catholic Church has never taught such a doctrine and, in fact, has constantly condemned the notion that men can earn or merit salvation. Catholic soteriology (salvation theology) is rooted in apostolic Tradition and Scripture and says that it is only by God's grace--completely unmerited by works--that one is saved.

The Church teaches that it's God's grace from beginning to end which justifies, sanctifies, and saves us. As Paul explains in Philippians 2:13, "God is the one, who, for his good purpose, works in you both to desire and to work."

Notice that Paul's words presuppose that the faithful Christian is not just desiring to be righteous, but is actively working toward it. This is the second half of the justification equation, and you either miss or ignore it.

James 2:17 reminds us that "faith of itself, if it does not have work, is dead." In verse 24 James says, "See how a person is justified by works and not by faith alone." And later: "For just as a body without a spirit is dead, so also faith without works is dead" (2:26).

May I suggest that in the future Shiloh357, and before you post more fallicies of the Catholic faith, you pick up yourself a copy of The Catechism of the Catholic Church and actually see what the Catholic Church teaches, so not to make yourself look foolish again.

The RCC does not have salvation does not have the true Gospel and is the pathway to Hell.

So..... let me ask you....... is this your fallible or infallible opinion?

Also, could you tell me what church is it you are a member of, how old is this church, and who started it?

Peace

19 minutes ago, Davida said:

Mark I don't call or think you a reprobate. Some Catholics are true born again Christians and Jesus Christ is their Lord and Saviour & that is through God's blessed grace that some have received the true Gospel of Jesus Christ in spite of being raised a Catholic. I base my concern for RC's from personal knowledge with RCC and members of my life that are Catholics who do not know much about Jesus Christ.  If for eg. I asked my mother in law who Jesus ? she would respond about Mary being His mother, possibly she might say he died on a cross. I cannot imagine her saying that Jesus is her Lord and Savior or that He died for her sins.  She does believe she will get to heaven because she is a good enough Catholic and goes to mass etc. She has told many times that she is a good person who will go to heaven and meet her parents and has told me she is not a sinner. So if she is not a sinner in her own eyes, how does she need a Saviour to pay for her sins?

Thank you.  Many people and not just Catholics for whatever reason do not deepen their faith through study and prayer.  I find it strange that reality.  Our faith is our skin, who we are, our souls connection with God.  I have always been taught that Jesus is my savior from the beginning.  I won't go into sacraments etc., not worth the bother ;-).

There are some here however who do believe that because I am Catholic I am going to hell.   I don't get upset about it, just sigh and go on.

Peace
Mark

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  134
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  8,142
  • Content Per Day:  2.34
  • Days Won:  20

11 hours ago, markdohle said:

As a Catholic, like Mother Teresa, I am used to being told I am a reprobate and do not seek to defend myself anymore

Mark,

Most Christians are not attacking the adherents of Roman Catholicism, since Catholics are generally upstanding, moral people trying to do the right thing, and some may even be genuinely saved.  

But they are victims of the entire Roman system, which is NOT Bible Christianity.  So Catholics themselves should be questioning what their church teaches in view  of what the Bible reveals.

The RCC teaches that the majority (if not all) of their adherents will go to Purgatory when they die, hence extreme unction, masses for the dead, and hence indulgences.  The Bible teaches that every genuine believer is already a saint and will go directly to Heaven when they die.  Why?  Because Christ paid the full price for every man's sins, and for all sins. And Christians are washed in His blood and clothed with His righteousness.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/19/1944

13 hours ago, Teditis said:

Mother Teresa also said "I have Jesus, I have no fear." And spoke a lot about Jesus to the people in her ministry. She wasn't as one-sided as the OP wants people to believe.

I've inserted just one example of this but Jesus was undoubtedly her Lord and Savior according to her... and throughout her time she showed this in her daily life.

Follow the profession of Faith and the Fruits. Not a statement said during a dark night of the soul.

It turns out Teresa was a remarkable actor. Her professional image bore no resemblance whatsoever to the secret life of her inner being. Her books, speeches, and lectures are a red herring. It's necessary to delve into Teresa's private letters in order to remove the mask and see who she really was.

BTW: Teresa's so-called dark night of the soul lasted very nearly fifty years: virtually the entire five decades she was in India.

/

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  95
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  01/19/1944

-

Teresa's early confidence was based entirely upon fantasy. Let me explain.

September of 1946, Teresa, then 36 years old, was sent to her annual retreat and a needed rest, to the Loreto convent in Darjeeling, a town nestled in the foothills of the Himalayas, some 400 miles north of Calcutta (a.k.a. Kolkata).

On the 10th, she's alleged to have experienced a "mystical encounter" with Christ. This encounter would be only the first of several that would occur that year. But lest you make the mistake of assuming that Teresa actually eye-witnessed an apparition, or that she actually heard sounds with her own ears; let me explain something that's crucial to keeping Teresa's experience in the proper perspective.

Her so-called encounters are what's known as locutions (supernatural words) viz: manifestations of God's thoughts; which may come through words heard externally (exterior or auricular locutions) or in the imagination (interior imaginative locutions) or immediately without any words (interior intellectual locutions) viz: intuition. Teresa's locutions were of the interior imaginative variety; viz: she didn't actually hear any voices nor did she see anybody; no, it all took place in her imagination.

Teresa claims that the Jesus in one of her locutions promised her: "Do not fear-- I shall be with you always."

Was "Jesus" with her always? Not even! In no time at all, her Jesus vanished and Teresa went on to endure nearly five decades feeling abandoned by Christ; and yearning for even the slightest glimmer of his presence.

"I am told God loves me; and yet the reality of darkness & coldness & emptiness is so great that nothing touches my soul."

"When I try to raise my thoughts to Heaven, there is such convicting emptiness that those very thoughts return like sharp knives and hurt my very soul. How painful is this unknown pain-- I have no faith."

"Now Father-- since 49 or 50 this terrible sense of loss-- this untold darkness-- this loneliness, this continual longing for God-- which gives me pain deep down in my heart-- Darkness is such that I really do not see neither with my mind nor with my reason-- the place of God in my soul is blank-- There is no God in me-- when the pain of longing is so great-- I just long & long for God-- and then it is that I feel-- He does not want me-- He is not there-- God does not want me-- Sometimes-- I just hear my own heart cry out-- "My God" and nothing else comes-- the torture and pain I can't explain"

"The damned of Hell suffer eternal punishment because they experiment with the loss of God. In my own soul, I feel the terrible pain of this loss. I feel that God does not want me, that God is not God; and that He does not really exist."

/

Edited by WebersHome

9 hours ago, Ezra said:

Mark,

Most Christians are not attacking the adherents of Roman Catholicism, since Catholics are generally upstanding, moral people trying to do the right thing, and some may even be genuinely saved.  

But they are victims of the entire Roman system, which is NOT Bible Christianity.  So Catholics themselves should be questioning what their church teaches in view  of what the Bible reveals.

The RCC teaches that the majority (if not all) of their adherents will go to Purgatory when they die, hence extreme unction, masses for the dead, and hence indulgences.  The Bible teaches that every genuine believer is already a saint and will go directly to Heaven when they die.  Why?  Because Christ paid the full price for every man's sins, and for all sins. And Christians are washed in His blood and clothed with His righteousness.

The reason I love this place is the level of charity that is here.....thank you.

peace
mark