• Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  346
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

6 hours ago, inchrist said:

Ok, something to think about

The house of Ephraim hated the laws

Jeremiah 31:18 I have surely heard Ephrayim bemoaning himself thus; You have chastised me, and I was chastised, as a bullock unaccustomed to the yoke: turn you me, and I shall be turned; for you are YHWH my Elohiym.

So God decided to institute a new covenant for the House of Ephraim

Jer 31:33

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

Isnt Jer 31:33 the Christian covenant?

“I am a father to Yisra’el, and Ephrayim is my firstborn” (Jeremiah 31:9).

How is Christianity and the Church not intended for Ephraim?

How then does the Church and Gentile christians not be part of Ephraims inheritence?

There is needless confusion in that because the answer is easy.

God is speaking to Ephraim, and Ephraim is not the church. Since that is true, the church doesn't have the inheritance of Ephraim and, really, shouldn't be coveting it anyway. 

There are several examples in the Newer Covenant scriptures that show Jacob = Jews = Israelites = the Circumcision.

There are none that equate gentiles ever becoming any of those, apart from physical circumcision and living among the tribes. That's why Acts 15 was so very controversial. For all of these (Jewish) Apostles who met for the Jerusalem Council to say gentiles didn't need circumcision would be comparable to Baptists and Pentecostals agreeing to say that baptism is no longer required for a new christian. It was that big a deal because circumcision was so entrenched (and remains so) in the Jewish community. I'm sure the notion confronted their theology in ways you can't appreciate if you aren't Jewish. 

Ruth was always known as the Moabite. Elijah was always known as the Tishbite, Nun was the Kennezite, Zipporah was always a Midianite. They all joined themselves to the people and therefore the land and covenants of Israel. They are all notable for not being born in Zion, but grafted in to the point that their children would be counted as born in Zion. 

Thanks for the opportunity to clear that up for ya. Anything else?

Edited by heyvavhey

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1

5 hours ago, inchrist said:

Isnt Jer 31:33 the Christian covenant?

No, it says whose covenant it is in the promise.  You, the gentile christian, are included according to Ephesians 2 & 3 and Romans 3 and the Torah, and several of the Prophets. 

(assuming you haven't become arrogant against the natural branches)

Edited by heyvavhey

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Content Count:  1,050
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  3

1 hour ago, inchrist said:

Thats because you were never really here to discuss truth in the first place.

Just to be plain-spoken to such an enemy to me as you are, so the casual reader might know why I am here instead of one who acts as if he knows the truth - which only God can know:

• I am here to discuss various ways that people view end-time prophecy so that I can learn where we diverge so I can examine core issues in the interpretation and assembly thereof of a cogent eschatology.
  • I am here to be sharpened by constructive criticism which would shed light to any mistake I might make.
  • I am here as well to promote my views, which I find not only unique in their methodology and analysis, but which I find exciting as well because I can blend all the various linear narratives into one holistic outline without breaking any individual account's sequence of events.

I see you as a destructive force on a mission to destroy certain widely-held beliefs.  As such, I view you as not being beneficial.

Furthermore, you have shown me by your poor work, to be a lousy scholar, and I think your eschatology is very simple and quite wrong.

As to Merry Christmas - lighten up Francis.

Edited by Marcus O'Reillius

• Group:  Non-Conformist Theology
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,139
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

heyvavhey

All Jews are Israelites and all Israelites are Jews. Not a single gentile is included in the promise to restore the Tribes of Jacob, though all Tribes will have gentiles as "companions". 

I would suggest you do a study on the word Gentile.

All Israelites are not Jew's,until you figure that out your view of scripture won't be right.....

9 hours ago, Marcus O'Reillius said:

All I am saying is that we really don't know what happened to the 10 Tribes.

And whatever happened to them, has little real bearing on the study of end-time prophecy.

Scripture tells you,a study of history tells you..

As for it not having a bearing on end times, if you don't understand who they are it has a very important bearing...

8 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

Two house theology is heresy.

It's right there in scripture,unless your calling God's Word heresy

Ezekiel 37:16 "Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: Then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:"

Ezekiel 37:19 "Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in Mine hand."

Do you see the two houses plain as day in the above?

1 hour ago, n2thelight said:

I would suggest you do a study on the word Gentile.

All Israelites are not Jew's,until you figure that out your view of scripture won't be right.....

I have done that multiple times when asked, to the point that there is no reason to do it again. Usually the person asking is unwilling to admit that there are words in every language which have multiple meanings, and the definitions are determined by the context of how these words are used. 

In the scriptures these terms are all interchangeable and mean the same thing:

Tribes of Jacob = Israelites = Jews = The Circumcision

......every time

Anyone not born (or adopted) in Zion are called "gentiles".  Through faith in Yeshua we, the gentiles/nations, are grafted into their covenants, promises, etc...but there yet remains a distinction that you seem unwilling to recognize. 

I've always wondered about the insecurity of someone with this belief. Why do you grasp for this genealogical classification? Are you not satisfied that you are chosen for the Book of Life already? Is it not enough to find your identity in Yeshua alone?

Edited by heyvavhey

29 minutes ago, n2thelight said:

It's right there in scripture,unless your calling God's Word heresy

Ezekiel 37:16 "Moreover, thou son of man, take thee one stick, and write upon it, For Judah, and for the children of Israel his companions: Then take another stick, and write upon it, For Joseph, the stick of Ephraim, and for all the house of Israel his companions:"

Ezekiel 37:19 "Say unto them, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I will take the stick of Joseph, which is in the hand of Ephraim, and the tribes of Israel his fellows, and will put them with him, even with the stick of Judah, and make them one stick, and they shall be one in Mine hand."

Do you see the two houses plain as day in the above?

Of course I believe what is written in the Word of God. The Tribes of Jacob will be restored to One Nation. This promise is not given to a single gentile, except for those gentiles who sojourn as companions within the tribes.  

You seem to think that God meant something other than what is written here. Please show us that verse where it says "Ephraim is the church". 

Edited by heyvavhey

Pure speculation.

Mildly nteresting, but hardly authoritative or accurate. It is your opinion that Ephraim means something other than Ephraim, and not many share it. This is only Replacement Theology in hebraic drag.

I respect that everyone is entitled to having an opinion. However, I will hold fast to what is actually stated in the scriptures as the standard for judging opinions like these. I find 2House theory to be based on vain imaginings. They've simply applied a new definition to a few words and turned metaphors into doctrines. Language is fluent when they want it to be, and yet strangely rigid once you've decided on a definition that suits this conglomerated theological stream. 

Edited by heyvavhey