• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  4
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hey guys,

I have a question.

Well, I talked to this guy on the net. And he said that Heaven doesnt describe in the Old Testament as some place you go to after you die. Well, he's Jewish, so he doesnt believe in the New Testament. He said that the concept of Heaven as some spiritual place, is a newer idea. And that Heaven in Genesis is described as a place on earth. And that's true. So, do you guys have any idea of what I can tell him?

Thank you! stay blessed!

love ya'll! Ela.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,800
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

Isaiah 66:22  For as the new heavens and the new earth, which I will make, shall remain before me, saith the LORD, so shall your seed and your name remain.

23  And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD.

With much agape love,

George

• Group:  Members

So, are these heavens like a new creations? And has God already created them? I mean, are we now living in the new creation? Because as the next verse says- "23  And it shall come to pass, that from one new moon to another, and from one sabbath to another, shall all flesh come to worship before me, saith the LORD." And this is not happening yet.

The problem is how can I prove him that this Heaven described in Genesis, is the Heaven we are going to after we die. Or maybe it is not the same?! man, I'm confused.. :)

Have a blesed day ya'll!

Yours in Christ, Ela.

• Steward

Heaven is a broad definition.

1st Heaven - where the birds reside.

2nd Heaven - where the Sun, Moon and Stars are.

3rd Heaven - where God resides.

The scripture in Isaiah is in correlation with the scripture in 2 Peter 3 where the Lord will create a new heaven and a new earth.

Feel free to ask questions and learn,

With much agape love,

George

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Yep.

• Group:  Members

So, Is the Heavens described in Genesis are the Heavens where God resides?

And why does the Bible says these Heavens are on earth?

Thanks! And God bless you!

Ela.

• Steward

Genesis 1:6

It seems heaven will one day be on earth.

Revelation 21:1 And I saw a new heaven and a new earth: for the first heaven and the first earth were passed away; and there was no more sea.

Revelation 21:2 And I John saw the holy city, new Jerusalem, coming down from God out of heaven, prepared as a bride adorned for her husband.

Revelation 21:3 And I heard a great voice out of heaven saying, Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and he will dwell with them, and they shall be his people, and God himself shall be with them, and be their God.

• 3 weeks later...

I used to think of 'three' heavens... as someone herein described... but later got into some ancient Hebrew studies that showed how the Jewish people of the past viewed heaven... or heavens... and found a different view... I researched it much... and checked it out with all the verses in the Bible on heaven... and found it in agreement...

so I will explain... (sorry, if it seems long, but this is too complicated to summarize into a sentence or two)

Many are needlessly disturbed at the thought of 7 heavens... but the teaching here is not that there are seven abodes in heaven, but seven different locations in which spirits dwell.  We do not disagree with this concept in Christianity, but when the term "heaven" is applied, many put up walls before learning what is being taught.

In Ephesians 6:12 we are told that there are "heavenly places" and this refers to places where unseen forces operate.  Ephesians 1:3-20 tells us that we have "spiritual blessings in heavenly places..." and that Christ is "set... at His (God's) own right hand in heavenly places..."  We can someday "sit together in heavenly places... (Eph. 2:6).  

The word "heaven" in the Hebrew is "shamayim" which is the plural of "shameh" meaning "lofty place." It is never used in the Old Testament in a singular form. Judaism identified seven heavens referring to seven abodes of angels and spirit beings.  God is in all (Psalms 139:7, I Kings 8:27).  Yet, the abode that we think of as "heaven" in Christianity today, is the sixth heaven, which is the planet on which God dwells, and His throne room therein is the "seventh heaven".  The other heavens of the seven are about earth, and in outer space.

Paul was taken to a trip to the "third heaven." This is paradise which is within the earth in a place known as sheol.

II Corinthians 12:1-4

"...I will come to visions and revelations of the Lord... Whether in the body, I cannot tell; or whether out of the body, I cannot tell, such an one caught up to the third heaven... How that he was caught up into paradise, and heard unspeakable words (rhema) which is not lawful for me to utter."

This  was not the heaven wherein God dwells to which Paul was taken. It was "paradise", which is "paradeisios" in Greek, meaning an "orchard" or "forest" and is used in the Septuagint to refer to the Garden of Eden which is in Sheol. So if "paradise" is the "third heaven" what are the other heavens.  

THE SEVEN HEAVENS

THE FIRST HEAVEN  

This refers to the atmosphere about us here on earth, the air from the clouds down... wherein we dwell, and so do many demonic forces, many guardian angels of the saints, etc.   It is that which is above the ground upon which we walk. There is a "Throne angel" in charge of this for God, and there are good and evil angels present in this place.  The good angels and  hopefully, we, the saints, are giving praise to God Who is in  the "seventh heaven" (1:17) as we dwell in this "first heaven."

THE SECOND HEAVEN  

The second heaven is the atmosphere above the clouds, and is an area in which there is always a war raging between the evil angels, and the good angels regarding God sending help to mankind.  

In the book of Daniel we read of Michael trying to bring a message from God to Daniel, and was hindered in this warfare from getting the message through for 21 days.  Another angel finally came to help Michael.  

THE THIRD HEAVEN  

This is the heaven to which Paul was taken and he saw there things that he was not allowed to tell us.  It was a glorious experience for him.  This place, according to Paul, and according to tradition, is paradise, which is in Sheol, which is within the earth.  #### is also in the lowest part of sheol, and according to Ezekiel, Enoch, and others, Eden is also within the earth.  

In the "abyss" which is between paradise and ####, there are many evil angels and demons bound, and awaiting either judgment day, or awaiting the tribulation period wherein some will be released (one time 200,000,000 come to earth from that area).  

At one time, as in Enoch's time, and before, much was known about this place, for Adam and Eve dwelt there originally before their expulsion.  In an ancient book called 'The Apocalypse of Isaiah, mentioned in the Bible, but not part of our canon, we are told, that "the memory of that area is forgotten by mankind."  Then Isaiah asked why are not the details of that place known to mankind, and the angel answers: "It is not important for mankind to know of this place now, but many in that place know well what is happening on earth."  

Paul was not even allowed to tell us some things he saw and heard there, and yet, Moses, who was in paradise just before the Mt. of Transfiguration event with Jesus and Elijah, came and talked with Jesus about the things about to occur when Jesus came to Jerusalem the next time.  So knowledge there of earthly events was well known.

THE FOURTH HEAVEN

This heaven is simply the solar system in which our little planet exists.  It is a greater in size place than the former heavens.  There are good and evil angels therein.

THE FIFTH HEAVEN  

This heaven is the regions of outer space beyond our solar system.  This is a vast area, beyond mankind's ability to understand.

THE SIXTH HEAVEN  

This heaven has an "atmosphere" unlike the former two heavens... It is the  planet which we know as "heaven" and there on that planet God dwells.  It has "glory" such as not seen in the former heavens.  We are told in the Bible that God has prepared there, things our minds have been unable to even conceive.    

Evil angels are not present there at all, and they could scarcely get a chorus of praise to the devil started there so close to God Himself.  The Lord Himself rules here, and the evil angels have fled that place, for they are in direct opposition from Him.  We are told to resist the devil, and he will flee from us also...

THE SEVENTH HEAVEN

This seventh heaven is the actual throne room of heaven.  Just as the earth has a hollow place known as sheol, wherein there is the original abode of mankind in a perfect garden, and therein is the White Throne of the Almighty Trinity, so in heaven there is a separate area, with its own "atmosphere", and is "in" the sixth heaven... Therefore, earth was likely designed after the planet heaven, and within it is a hollow place where, and only where, there would be enough room to adequately make a Throne room for the Almighty Trinity...  

In that place, the seventh heaven,  someday all the saints, and all the holy angels, will gather to worship the Lord for His blessed resurrection and rapture of His saints. Where else could we find such a room able to hold such a crowd???

Isaiah sees the Lord Jesus there, and he is concerned about Who is this one... He is told that this One has a name which no one can yet know.   John re-iterates this truth in Revelation.

Revelation 19:12

"His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on His head were many crowns; and He had a name written, that no man knew, but He Himself..."

This is a seldom taught fact, but it is true.  We know Him as Jesus, Immanuel, etc. but He has a name yet to be revealed, and even in the vision of John of the last days, it is still not told to us...

In vision form, Isaiah, in the Apocalypse of Isaiah,  sees this seventh heaven as did John and Enoch of their similar visions, for he sees this place as it will appear on rapture day. The saints are all about... Adam, Abel, Enoch, etc. are all there... The saints are wearing special garments, that replace the "filthy rags" of our own righteousness, for we are clothed in the righteousness of Christ, or we would not live standing face to face with God Almighty...

This is how the Hebrew people viewed the 'heavens' talked about in the Bible... it does agree with the Bible's verses on heaven... we have just lost much understanding in our day of this concept...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  189
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

It is a common idea that when people die they go to heaven. But if scripture says first the dead in Christ shall be raised, wouldn't that mean that these people are still asleep and not in heaven yet but are waiting for Christ. You know everyone says someone is in heaven, but is this really true? If so then who would be the dead in Christ?

Love in Christ

Teri