• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

6 hours ago, shiloh357 said:

We were told back 2001 that if we didn't change, in 10 years the polar icecaps would melt and certain animals would be extinct and what wasn't under water would be on fire.   Well 15 years later, we didn't change and those predictions never came true.

Global warming doesn't have as much support from the scientific world as the media would lead us to believe.  We are just supposed to shut up and accept it, no questions asked.   Same with Evolution.  We are to assume the issue is settled and that scientists are correct and to question them is to be subject oneself to ridicule and derision.

Ok, I respect your opinion - however? - since the industrial revolution, surely things have changed eg: warmed. 

I understand that the world's climate goes through weather changes over periods of time.

Actually as I speak, south east Queensland in Australia  is going through a heatwave in the next few days, not usual for this time of year.

Personally, I think the decaying if the world fits right into Biblical scenario of the state of end times - does not the earth groan?

I also understand and know that corporations use "environmental issues" for their own monetory interests and benefit.

Hi Enoch,

May I ask your background in science?

(A legit question - not a challenging one ?)

Thank you.

Guest shiloh357
3 minutes ago, HisFirst said:

Ok, I respect your opinion - however? - since the industrial revolution, surely things have changed eg: warmed. 

I understand that the world's climate goes through weather changes over periods of time.

Actually as I speak, south east Queensland in Australia  is going through a heatwave in the next few days, not usual for this time of year.

Personally, I think the decaying if the world fits right into Biblical scenario of the state of end times - does not the earth groan?

I also understand and know that corporations use "environmental issues" for their own monetory interests and benefit.

The earth regulates its internal temperature and goes through periods of warming and cooling.  Back in the 70s we were going through a cooling process and some scientists were alarmed that we might head into another ice age.  That fear was obviously never realized.

So the earth cools and heats up and then cools again and so on.  Global warming, the way it was presented to us, was not provable, so they changed the name to "climate change."  Obviously climate does change, but the bill of goods they tried to sell over a decade ago just never came to fruitition.

Global warming was used to dictate to us what we should buy: "Green cars"  and "green" light bulbs and certain kinds of toilets and laundry machines and so on. 

God did not give us an earth that we can destroy.  Volcanic eruptions are more dangerous to the atmosphere than anything we produce.  More oils seeps out of the floors of oceans every year than all of the commercial oil spills put together. 

Thanks Shiloh?

You have to admit though that some countries like the Pacific nations are under environmental threat with rising sea levels and loss of land. This is either natural occurance or helped by man's hand - not sure at this stage. It is also undeniable that forests and land are being destroyed all for the sake of the mighty dollar. This displaces indigenous peoples. The lush jungles and pristine rivers of Highland PNG are being poisoned destroyed by huge mining companies - the average village person has to live with the affects of the environmental carnage.

Edited by HisFirst

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  738
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0

37 minutes ago, shiloh357 said:

God did not give us an earth that we can destroy.

We won't destroy the earth, but we can certainly destroy ourselves [extinction].  

Guest shiloh357
9 minutes ago, Bonky said:

We won't destroy the earth, but we can certainly destroy ourselves [extinction].  

No, we can't.    God won't allow that to happen.

40 minutes ago, Bonky said:

Hi B,

Not according to Scripture? there will be human beings on earth on the last day.

Btw, are you agnostic or straight out atheist?

Thanks.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

1 hour ago, Tristen said:

I think that only really applies to people engaged in historical disciplines (e.g. the studies of Standard Cosmology and Common Ancestry).

More precisely, these:  paleontology, anthropology, archaeology, geology, evolutionary biology (lol), theoretical physics 'non-experimental' ---astrophysics, astronomy, and cosmology.

exaggerating the confidence in secular theories beyond what is logically justified by the facts.

For instance...?

And I think most of them would come under the umbrella of deceived, rather than being intentionally dishonest.

Please provide the Empirical TESTS that confirm your claim here...?

There's really no way to tell, to broad a brush...just speculation; they're motives or predispositions are irrelevant anyway.  They will have to give account either way.

However, there are many people in the non-Christian cohort of society who have a sincere interest in the natural world, and so pursue educations and careers in investigating the natural world.

And about a week into their studies...if they're paying any attention (i.e., Fogging a Mirror) and their Instructors and Textbooks are anywhere near the vicinity of coherency, they will invariably reach...

Werner Heisenberg Pioneer of Quantum Mechanics, (Nobel Prize, Physics)...

"The first gulp from the glass of natural science will turn you into an atheist, but at the bottom of the glass God is waiting for you." 
[“Der erste Trunk aus dem Becher der Naturwissenschaft macht atheistisch, aber auf dem Grund des Bechers wartet Gott.”] (Heisenberg, as cited in Hildebrand 1988, 10)

Contrary to populist myth, Common Ancestry is not necessary for the overwhelming majority of scientific endeavours. The assumption of Common Ancestry is only really ever required to underpin “evolutionary” claims. This is true despite the fact that “evolution” tries to lay claim to all of biology (and bits and pieces of other disciplines such as geology) – which is of course ridiculous.

What 'they' think evolution is, is so laughably absurd on numerous levels; I'm actually shocked it's even discussed anymore.  Heck, the 1850's called, they want their argument back.  ;)

regards

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,396
  • Content Per Day:  0.90
  • Days Won:  4
  • Birthday:  12/26/1963

1 hour ago, HisFirst said:

Hi Enoch,

May I ask your background in science?

(A legit question - not a challenging one ?)

Thank you.

Are you trying to provoke me!!! :D   Or, just implying that I may be "a bit" High Strung ?? :P

Yes, My secular and professional history is in Biochemistry/Metabolism.  However, my passion is Quantum Mechanics.

regards

3 hours ago, Enoch2021 said:

Are you trying to provoke me!!! :D   Or, just implying that I may be "a bit" High Strung ?? :P

Yes, My secular and professional history is in Biochemistry/Metabolism.  However, my passion is Quantum Mechanics.

regards

The term mad scientist must be for a reason??

I know I could google this, but I prefer human interaction - quantum mechanics - when, where would you use this?

Thanks.(please dumb the answer down for me ?)