• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/7/2016 at 9:31 AM, GoldenEagle said:

I hear or read of how Christians pray for "protection from the world". How do you view the concept of praying for protection from the world?

God bless,
GE

I always pray for a protective hedge around my family and myself, the same as Job had and that I not do anything to allow it to be removed.

Very difficult on my part but I try.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,435
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

On 12/8/2016 at 10:40 AM, GoldenEagle said:

Yes I see what you are saying.... But where in the Bible do we see people praying for protection from the world?

God bless,

GE

1 John 2King James Version (KJV)

15 Love not the world, neither the things that are in the world. If any man love the world, the love of the Father is not in him.

16 For all that is in the world, the lust of the flesh, and the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life, is not of the Father, but is of the world.

17 And the world passeth away, and the lust thereof: but he that doeth the will of God abideth for ever.

Here John is admonishing the saints to watch out and to be careful of the world the flesh and the pride of life and may i include the Devil.  If he is giving this warning, it is only obvious that we are to pray about it.

The world can be seen as a tempter or alluring place to get comfortable with and live in a way that pulls the believer away from sacrificial living.

Edited by warrior12