• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  77
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  641
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

Advent, waiting for the encounter

Advent is an invitation “to sobriety, to not be dominated by the things of this world, Pope Francis said Nov. 27 in St. Peter's Square. “If, on the contrary, we are conditioned and overpowered by them, it is not possible to perceive that which is much more important: our final encounter with the Lord."—Pope Francis

Is death truly the end as many believe? Or is it an encounter with what the human heart longs for from its deepest center? Is all of our seeking to escape from the prison of ourselves in frantic activity or the acquiring of things and people, a way to keep us from truly understanding the purpose of our lives? What is it we thirst most for? Is it not to be ‘seen’ fully beyond words and understood without the need to explain or defend ourselves?

In society, we are told what the purpose of life is. We can be reduced to being consumers, belonging to some statistical group and then manipulated, or to some political or special interest group and herded along by those who seek to shepherd us along a certain path. In other words, we become ‘thing’, or an ‘object’, the antithesis to the very thing we desire. Things and objects are used, placed and then discarded when finished with.

If we are truly moving towards ‘the encounter’ with the Lord, should not this give our lives depth and purpose that goes way beyond what are culture wants from us? Should we not seek to become what we desire most… which I believe is love. Jesus says that if you love me you will keep my commandments which are rooted in the reality of love for others. To truly see others with the eyes of Christ is to understand the meaning of our lives, which is much different than what is expected of us by our society today. Love of a different nature from what is presented to us in art, movies and literature and yes by magazines and television.

O Lord come and teach us what is true,
what we are made for in the depths of our hearts,
to seek to become ‘You’ beloved so as to touch others,
to become vessels of grace for your children,
filling us with your Spirit.--Br.MD

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  32
  • Topic Count:  476
  • Topics Per Day:  0.17
  • Content Count:  6,559
  • Content Per Day:  2.28
  • Days Won:  9

The purpose of life is to love.First love the Trinity. And then our brothers and sisters and then even our enemies. The pope said our final encounter with the lord. Which i hope is the begining of endless days with him. A sure hope too. Death has lost its sting. And cannot hurt us. Not one hair on our head will be lost. Jesus our lord became a baby for us. God is with us . The mysteries of all time that God would become one of us. Shows so much that God would do anything to save us from ourselfs. Holy child Jesus.

9 hours ago, Wayne222 said:

The purpose of life is to love.First love the Trinity. And then our brothers and sisters and then even our enemies. The pope said our final encounter with the lord. Which i hope is the begining of endless days with him. A sure hope too. Death has lost its sting. And cannot hurt us. Not one hair on our head will be lost. Jesus our lord became a baby for us. God is with us . The mysteries of all time that God would become one of us. Shows so much that God would do anything to save us from ourselfs. Holy child Jesus.

Well said my friend.

Peace
Mark

57 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

Where is it written;  "First love the Trinity", other than what you have written?

The word "Trinity" is not in the New Testament, but a central doctrine of the Christian faith.  Jesus talked about the Father and the coming of the Holy Spirit.  Since the revelation of Jesus Christ led to this insight of the nature of God's inner life, it is obvious that to love God with your whole heart, mind and soul is in fact, the love of the Trinity.  However, not all Christians are Trinitarian.

Peace
mark

8 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

Some believe in pagan doctrines and traditions while other's listen to the voice of the Lord and obey all his commandments. 

I find myself scratching my head so often here that I may go bald....wait, I am bald....well if I was not I surely would.

Peace
mark

• Followers:  12
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  626
  • Content Per Day:  0.23

5 minutes ago, TheEnd said:

All our bodies will be bald in the next generation because many of our bodies won't have any arms, legs, feet or hands to maintain hair. 

I am trying to figure out what you mean by this statement? Is it sarcasm or do you truly believe this. Just needing some clarification.

It isn't what I believe. It's what the Lord has revealed to me this past several years while I'm being used to testify to information called Christ.

First of what is information called Christ? Is there a scripture passage that refers to this? I have searched the scriptures and can't find this at all. Now I am very familiar with the good news of Jesus Christ (the gospel). Read I Corinthians 15. This passage is a very good passage in understanding what the good news is. Unfortunately I am not seeing that you have an understanding of what scripture says.

After the day of the Lord that will happen very soon now that the 1,000 year reign of Christ has been completed, ALL created Men, created in the image of God, will learn they are the same thing. Man will start experiencing life with new bodies, both male and female, on a New Earth. There will be many bodies around on that New Earth who look very similar to each other because our bodies won't be formed from information called Satan which is what happened in this temporary generation. 

Again where are you getting this information? What scriptures are you using to support your statement. What I am seeing here is a bunch of opinion that doesn't even line up with scripture. What I am reading from this is that you believe that everyone will be saved. Scripture says differently, Matthew 7:13-14, ""Enter through the narrow gate. For wide is the gate and broad is the road that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the road that leads to life, and only a few find it."

I guess my question is what is the good news of Jesus Christ (what you referred to as information called Christ). I am more concerned about what your relationship is with Christ. And from what I am reading I am not sure if you completely understand who Jesus is and what He has done for us.

All the movies, books, TV shows, etc. are helping us to learn what kind of illusions we'll be experiencing in our individual MIND ( MAN ) with our two bodies. When an individual MAN has his own unique vision or dream to experience with his created senses, he will also get different kinds of bodies in those dreams. Whatever you can imagine is possible such as having the body of an Eagle, rocket, balloon, or a ball rolling down a hill or some type of plasma looking material floating around in the sky. The only part of us that is steady is our consciousness ( the MIND ) and whatever body we wake up in during a dream, we will have the same exact consciousness. 

Again please use scriptures to support your theories and opinions. On this particular part of your post you are way of base. Could you please clarify what you mean by the statement above? And also where in scripture you find this? At this time I am going to have to look at this theory false because it does not line up with what scripture teaches. I would again encourage you to read 1 Corinthians 15 in its entirety. Paul does a great job explaining what it will be like when we are in our glorified bodies. That is if we have trusted in Christ. 

I could go on and on about how we'll experience life in the next generation but I don't want to spoil it all for you. Just use your imagination and God will give you all kinds of things to think about. 

TheEnd with all due respect your ideas are not lining up with scripture and from what I can tell you don't even know what God's Word really says. Your words sound good but that is all it is. I would encourage you to get into the Word and do some better study of it. I would also recommend maybe even doing some good Bible studies from good and godly men like John McArthur, John Piper, and there are some other ones out there that do a really great job helping you understand the scriptures a bit better. 

1 minute ago, TheEnd said:

You will never find ME in the scriptures but if you listen to My voice and believe the knowledge of Christ that I possess, then I will know you as My child. You will eventually get to know who  you are in ME as MAN, GOD and MIND. We are all ONE but it's very difficult to understand this to be true because of the world that looks real in the MIND ( MAN ).

Are your God? This is your claim right now. TheEnd this is a very scary place to be. Anyway I will leave you with the gospel message so that you know what truth is. Other than that your texts absolutely mean nothing and are no different then other false teacher, false prophets and trolls that get into this forum. But here is the gospel message in a very plain way, 

Romans 3:23 NKJV  – for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.

Romans 5:12 NKJV  – Therefore, just as through one man sin entered the world, and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men, because all sinned–

Romans 6:23 NKJV  – For the wages of sin [is] death, but the gift of God [is] eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Romans 5:8 NKJV  – But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.

Romans 10:9-10 NKJV  – that if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation

Romans 10:17 NKJV  – So then faith [comes] by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

John 3:16 NKJV  -  For God so loved the world that He gave His only begotten Son, that whoever believes in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

Well that is all we can do since you clearly do not know who the Lord is and what the gospel really is. I hope that you will read the scriptures and come to know the truth of who God is.

Gospel has been presented and nothing more can be said. You clearly are trolling and I don't have time for trolls. I will pray for you though that God might open your eyes to the truth. End of conversation for me. 

Geez, this would happen on my thread LOL