gods pilgrim

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  117
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

My greatest joy is knowing God who he is and what he expects  from me as his child..obedience  is number one...he wouldn't  tell me to do something  unless it was  for a reason ...when he says no...no is what he means ...i am on a journey  from earth to heaven the Lord is with me each step of the way He will instruct  me discipline  me and encourage  me as I journey along  the  way I hope this will bless you and help you along the way in your walk

Guest BacKaran

Amen, have you read The Pilgrims Progress by John Bunyon? It's a wonderful read from one pilgrim to another!

Blessings,

Karan ?

Yes I have read Pilgrims Progress  many times John Bunyan suffered much for the gospel  and was even put into prison for his faith...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  1,265
  • Topics Per Day:  0.44
  • Content Count:  2,637
  • Content Per Day:  0.92
  • Birthday:  02/04/1972

Dear sister Gods Pilgrim,

Grace and mercy and peace from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

On 1/25/2017 at 10:35 AM, gods pilgrim said:

i am on a journey  from earth to heaven

Allow me, sister, to make an observation. When you speak this way, the impression you give is that we are earthly people striving to live the spiritual reality. However, see what the Holy Scripture says:

·         “Wherefore henceforth know we no man after the flesh: yea, though we have known Christ after the flesh, yet now henceforth know we him no more. Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new.” (2 Corinthians 5.16,17).

From the moment we accept Jesus into our lives, we are already living in heavenly places and our citizenship becomes heavenly:

·         “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ:” (Ephesians 1.3).           

·         “And hath raised us up together, and made us sit together in heavenly places in Christ Jesus:” (Ephesians 2.6).

·         “For our conversation is in heaven; from whence also we look for the Saviour, the Lord Jesus Christ:” (Philippians 3.20).

To be more exact: we are born-again beings who are on pilgrimage in this world (1 Peter 2:11) as ambassadors of the Kingdom of the Eternal (2 Corinthians 5:18-20). The Eternal gave us the privilege of coming into this world to experience within us the manifestation of His power, that is, to be able to understand within ourselves the meaning of being free the Adamic curse and thus being able to love the neighbor, despite the evil that struck him (namely, sin - Romans 7:13-21).

That is to say, who is of Jesus is not a mere human being striving to go to heaven in order to be free of all the torments of this world, but a celestial citizen sent to this world in order to know what to be dominated by sin, as well as the meaning of the deliverance of Christ. As angels yearn to peer into all that happens in the Church (Ephesians 3:10) in order to try to understand the meaning of all that Jesus did on the cross (1 Peter 1: 10-12), we can experience it within ourselves.

We have the privilege of discovering:

the torment of being dominated by the pleasures of the flesh, and the peace of being free to serve Christ;

the doom and ruin that is to be condemned to follow the course of this world (Ephesians 2:1-2) and the blessing that is to be led by the word of the Eternal

On 1/25/2017 at 10:35 AM, gods pilgrim said:

.obedience  is number one...

If the thing that the Lord wants most from us is obedience, He would have created robots. Moreover, Jesus is not served by human hands, nor receives worship from men:

·         “For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you. God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;” (At 17.23,24).

·         “But I receive not testimony from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saved.” (John 5.34).

·         “I receive not honour from men.” (John 5.41).

And not for less: see the reality that plagues the human being:

·         “And there is none that calleth upon thy name, that stirreth up himself to take hold of thee: for thou hast hid thy face from us, and hast consumed us, because of our iniquities.” (Isaiah 64.6).

·         “What then? are we better than they? No, in no wise: for we have before proved both Jews and Gentiles, that they are all under sin; as it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one: there is none that understandeth, there is none that seeketh after God. They are all gone out of the way, they are together become unprofitable; there is none that doeth good, no, not one. Their throat is an open sepulchre; with their tongues they have used deceit; the poison of asps is under their lips: whose mouth is full of cursing and bitterness: their feet are swift to shed blood: destruction and misery are in their ways: and the way of peace have they not known: there is no fear of God before their eyes.” (Romans 3.9-18).

As one can only give what he has (or, if you to prefer, out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh. A good man out of the good treasure of the heart bringeth forth good things: and an evil man out of the evil treasure bringeth forth evil things – Matthew 12.34,35), what is possible to get out of good of a sinner?

As the saying goes: "what begins badly ends badly":

·         “Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.” (Psalms 42.7).

·         “For if the firstfruit be holy, the lump is also holy: and if the root be holy, so are the branches.” (Romans 11.16).

Therefore, the way to please the Eternal is to make His will our food (John 4:34; 6.51-57), and above all, by believing in Jesus as the One who makes all the righteousness of the law to be fulfilled in us in order to justify (make righteous) the sinners:

·         “Then said they unto him, What shall we do, that we might work the works of God? Jesus answered and said unto them, This is the work of God, that ye believe on him whom he hath sent.” (John 6.28,29).

·         “Or despisest thou the riches of his goodness and forbearance and longsuffering; not knowing that the goodness of God leadeth thee to repentance?” (Romans 2.4).

·         “For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death. For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh: that the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.” (John 8.2-4).

May Jesus grant us the joy of experiencing all that the Eternal has prepared for us so that within us don’t lack any kind of experience (as it was with Jesus) that will lead us to grow in Christ and reach His fulness, to wit, all that is necessary for us and those around us to be sure that Jesus and His Word triumph in every situation:

·         “Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content. I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me.” (Philippians 4.11-13).

·         “For we have not an high priest which cannot be touched with the feeling of our infirmities; but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrew 4.15).

·         “And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers; for the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ: till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ: that we henceforth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;” (Ephesians 4.11-14).

Yes I am on a journey  from  earth to heaven  as long  as I am alive here I am flesh soul and and spirit when I put off this body my spirit will go to the Lord as long I'm in this body I am prone to sin

P