IGNORED

this ever happen to you?

creativemechanic

5 hours ago, creativemechanic said:

This happened to me yesterday... Ironically it happened when someone pointed out that churches are held back because people resist change. The others agreed and as an example I pointed out how people stick the the KJV despite it having some weaknesses (archaic language, words not best translated or in wrong tenses). Whats funny is this, i pointed out the KJV is an excellent translation, but not perfect  but  people actually equate seeing issues in the KJV  as flat out rejecting Gods word and that none of the other translations as bieng Gods word.

frankenstein-angry-mob.jpg

I believe what things like this actually reveal is that, as funny as it may sound, the Bible has become an idol. If the Bible didn't exist in a true form prior to 1611, then what did Christians use?

And the truth of the matter is, while the King James Bible is a remarkable translation for its time, it's far from being perfect. The Byzantine texts on which it is based were quite numerous, but also several hundred years removed from the oldest, still surviving texts. And the thought is the closer to the original manuscripts you can get, the more accurate it will be.

But scripture itself doesn't say the only authoritative Bible is the King James Bible, so that is nothing short of a man-made opinion. That isn't to say all Bibles are created equal, or that there aren't some that are better than others.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  54
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,428
  • Content Per Day:  0.88
  • Days Won:  0

9 minutes ago, Yowm said:

With that, I can't help thinking of the classic quote from Orwell's Animal Farm..

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others".

OR  ----    Four legs good, Two legs bad.

Classic .   There is a good movie of this book on youtube.  Everyone should have a look.

Edited by warrior12