IGNORED

Lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer people mardi gras.

HAZARD

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Have they left anyone out?  God have mercy on their souls.

THE SYDNEY Mardi Gras parade will go ahead this evening, despite heavy rain and flash flooding forecast for much of the New South Wales coast.

Its going ahead despite sever weather warnings. Personally, I hope they get heavy rain + hail, keep them off the streets. Rain won’t dampen the Sydney mardi gras parade, according to organisers.
The country’s premier celebration of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer people will this afternoon see 184 floats travel down Oxford St with more than 300,000 spectators expected to turn out.

THE SYDNEY Mardi Gras parade will go ahead this evening, despite heavy rain and flash flooding forecast for much of the New South Wales coast.

The Bureau of Meteorology has warned that heavy rain and thunderstorms might lead to flash flooding today.

According to the bureau, a low pressure system dumped more than 100mm of rain in parts of the NSW south coast over night — but it’s not over yet.

Severe weather warnings are now in place for much of the state’s south with Sydney motorists warned that roads could become deadly in the downfall.

A severe weather warning for heavy rain and flash flooding is also in place for the entire NSW south coast from Sydney’s southern suburbs and Wollongong to the Victorian border.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/mardi-gras-parade-will-go-ahead-rain-hail-or-shine/news-story/f0d9dcf28eb83bbd581052275fa0df3c

• Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  315
  • Topics Per Day:  0.11
  • Content Count:  3,491
  • Content Per Day:  1.26
  • Days Won:  3

Just now, HAZARD said:

Have they left anyone out?  God have mercy on their souls.

Its going ahead despite sever weather warnings. Personally, I hope they get heavy rain + hail, keep them off the streets. Rain won’t dampen the Sydney mardi gras parade, according to organisers.
The country’s premier celebration of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex and queer people will this afternoon see 184 floats travel down Oxford St with more than 300,000 spectators expected to turn out.

The Bureau of Meteorology has warned that heavy rain and thunderstorms might lead to flash flooding today.

According to the bureau, a low pressure system dumped more than 100mm of rain in parts of the NSW south coast over night — but it’s not over yet.

Severe weather warnings are now in place for much of the state’s south with Sydney motorists warned that roads could become deadly in the downfall.

A severe weather warning for heavy rain and flash flooding is also in place for the entire NSW south coast from Sydney’s southern suburbs and Wollongong to the Victorian border.

http://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/mardi-gras-parade-will-go-ahead-rain-hail-or-shine/news-story/f0d9dcf28eb83bbd581052275fa0df3c

Hi Haz,

There's also concern from police that crowd ramming from vehicles could occur. 

Read that this morning.

• Followers:  11
  • Topic Count:  320
  • Content Count:  6,830
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, HisFirst said:

Hi Haz,

There's also concern from police that crowd ramming from vehicles could occur. 

Read that this morning.

Now that sure would scatter the pigeons,

I have no idea what intersex is. Maybe its best not to know!

Guest BacKaran
2 hours ago, HisFirst said:

I'm with you... Maybe it's that alien guy....Ick....

• Followers:  16
  • Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  3,820
  • Content Per Day:  1.30
  • Days Won:  2

2 hours ago, HisFirst said:

I saw that acronym the other day and couldn't figure out why intersexed people were included.  It's a sin to be a lesbian, gay......

.....but being born intersexed [the new term for hermaphroditic] is not a sin.

Intersexed is being born with either chromosomal or physical attributes that pertain to both genders.  Such as - internally having an ovary on one side and a male gonad on the other.  Or sometimes - the doctor cannot say for certain by looking at a baby's external organs - if it is male or female.  And sometimes the chromosomal patterns may be off.

Unfortunately, many of these children are "mis-gendered" by the doctors and might be raised as a girl, once puberty kicks in, the endocrine system pumps information via hormones that the this is not the case.  I watched a documentary once several years ago on intersexed people for whom the doctors took their "best guess" - thinking it really didn't matter - just tell the kid shes's a girl or tell the kid he's a boy and that's that - and their lives were miserable. 

But the body knows what the body knows and just looking at their unexplainable baby genitals is not the way to determine anything.

Many of these people grew up thinking they were gay, but they weren't.  They were "mis-labeled" so to speak - thinking that genitals determine everything and not taking into consideration chromosomes, hormones, and more.

It was a sad documentary to watch.

Oh, and the term hermaphroditic is not used anymore because it's an incorrect term.  Some snails and earthworms are true hermaphrodites - having complete and functioning sets of both reproductive organs.  They are supposed to be born like that.

But when genetic abnormalities affect humans and lead to "parts" of both genders - that's not the way humans were created.

Anyway ....... these people are not gay.  Their issues are not sinful - it's anatomical. 

I don't know why they are included.

Explained like that, I agree.

I think there was a well documented case of a US or Canadian boy who was born this way and it was decided that he should be raised as a girl yet he was a boy.

He later lived as a male as an adult, I think he married but his childhood and teen years were so traumatic, he struggled as an adult and took his own life.

Very sad.