IGNORED

Does the Spirit always remain in the born-again believer?

ZacharyB

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  35
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,533
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  1

1 John 5:9-14 says believers can know right now we have eternal life through the Son. - Amen

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  318
  • Content Per Day:  0.12

18 minutes ago, Heb 13:8 said:

1 John 5:9-14 says believers can know right now we have eternal life through the Son. - Amen

Yes, present tense believers can.  

14 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

Yes, present tense believers can.  

:rolleyes:

1 Cor 15:12-18 But if it is preached that Christ has been raised from the dead, how can some of you say that there is no resurrection of the dead? 13If there is no resurrection of the dead, then not even Christ has been raised. 14And if Christ has not been raised, our preaching is useless and so is your faith. 15More than that, we are then found to be false witnesses about God, for we have testified about God that he raised Christ from the dead. But he did not raise him if in fact the dead are not raised. 16For if the dead are not raised, then Christ has not been raised either. 17And if Christ has not been raised, your faith is futile; you are still in your sins. 18Then those also who have fallen asleep in Christ are lost.

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

9 hours ago, Jeff2 said:

And yet, say nothing of Eternal Security.

Confidence in a doctrine and being dogmatic about it does not prove the doctrine.

I have no doubts that we are secure in Christ and that life is in the Son, yet a doctrine of Eternal Security is foreign to the Scriptures.

Interesting premise. May I suggest the same pertains to that which argues repeatedly that Jesus did not die to assure eternal life to all who by Father's grace come into his hand?

The doubts you demonstrate are evident when you speak with two tongues concerning one eternal God and truth. We are secure in Christ. But it is not eternally that we are secure.  

Everything that pertains to being saved, were the false teaching you champion, would have to be undone by our will. Including reversing our being regenerated as new creations in Christ. And that which is able to evict God's Holy Spirit. And all of that, in order to make reality what you claim,  would have to overcome, stand superior, to an omniscient sovereign God. Who told us he knew  before we entered the womb those of us who would come to His Son who would die to bring us into Father's grace. 

I believe you are entitled to believe in evanescent impermanent covenants.  That is not what this ministry site champions. We champion the Bible.  

1 hour ago, Danger Noodle said:

I believe you are entitled to believe in evanescent impermanent covenants.  That is not what this ministry site champions. We champion the Bible.  

Yet your argument did not appeal to the Bible in the least. Strange...

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  15
  • Content Count:  573
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Days Won:  0

6 minutes ago, Jeff2 said:

Yet your argument did not appeal to the Bible in the least. Strange...

I believe you. 

Rom 8:33-39

Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies.
34 Who then is the one who condemns? No one. Christ Jesus who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.
35 Who shall separate us from the love (agape) of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
36 As it is written: “For your sake we face death all day long; we are considered as sheep to be slaughtered.”
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us.
38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers,
39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love (agape) of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

Rom 5:5 And hope does not put us to shame, because God's love (agape) has been poured out into our hearts through the Holy Spirit, who has been given to us.

2 Cor 13:14 May the grace of the Lord Jesus Christ, and the love (agape) of God, and the fellowship of the Holy Spirit be with you all.

Why does Jude 21 warns us to "keep yourselves in the love of God" if the possibility of separation from God's love is impossible?

Why does John 14:21 express the conditionality of God's love this way? "He that hath my commandments, and keeps them, is he that loveth me; and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and manifest myself to him."

In John 15:10 Jesus makes the same point again by inference, "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."

1 hour ago, Jeff2 said:

Why does Jude 21 warns us to "keep yourselves in the love of God" if the possibility of separation from God's love is impossible?

Why does John 14:21 express the conditionality of God's love this way? "He that hath my commandments, and keeps them, is he that loveth me; and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and manifest myself to him."

In John 15:10 Jesus makes the same point again by inference, "If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love."

Jude is saying to be a loving Christian towards others, so people can see Christ in you. It's better to love others and forgive then for your love to grow cold like it says in Matt 24:12.

This passage has nothing to do with when you got saved or the seal placed on you Eph 1:13-14, Eph 4:30. It's about how you treat others after you get saved. It even tells you how to love others, by building yourselves up in your faith and praying.

Jude 1:20-21 But you, dear friends, by building yourselves up in your most holy faith and praying in the Holy Spirit, 21keep yourselves in God’s love as you wait for the mercy of our Lord Jesus Christ to bring you to eternal life.

In regards to John 14:21 and John 15:10, the reason Jesus spoke in parables and allegories is here..

Matt 13:10-17 The disciples came to him and asked, “Why do you speak to the people in parables?” 11 He replied, “Because the knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of heaven has been given to you, but not to them. 12 Whoever has will be given more, and they will have an abundance. Whoever does not have, even what they have will be taken from them. 13 This is why I speak to them in parables: “Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand. 14 In them is fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah: “ ‘You will be ever hearing but never understanding; you will be ever seeing but never perceiving. 15 For this people’s heart has become calloused; they hardly hear with their ears, and they have closed their eyes. Otherwise they might see with their eyes, hear with their ears, understand with their hearts and turn, and I would heal them.’ 16 But blessed are your eyes because they see, and your ears because they hear. 17 For truly I tell you, many prophets and righteous people longed to see what you see but did not see it, and to hear what you hear but did not hear it.