IGNORED

Do Christians that commit suicide go to heaven

Starlight77

Guest Wanda01
On 9/3/2017 at 10:48 PM, Denadii said:

I've seen two families devastated by some holier than thou Christian telling them that their Christian husband/ Christian father went to hell because he committed suicide. 1 What an incredibly cruel thing to slap a grieving family with.  2 Its a lie!   Look at it.  What causes someone to commit suicide?   Despair?  Probably the most likely cause.  No other way out.  By the time a Christian gets to that point, all he has is Gods mercy on him.  He doesn't trust or doesn't know that God has the answer any more.  The problem is bigger than anything else in the world.  So he checks out.  And God in His mercy takes him home.   No doubt he'll have a red face when Jesus takes him for a walk and a private talk but he is NOT in hell.  

Hello, Denadii. I was wondering if you could show me in the Word, where God has changed His mind regarding "Thou shalt not kill", Exodus 20:13?

Thank you.

Suicide is a tragedy but it is not in and of itself  the unpardonable sin. 

Neither life nor death can separate the love of God through Christ to a believer. Romans 8:32

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  12
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  503
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/20/1948

1 hour ago, Wanda01 said:

Hello, Denadii. I was wondering if you could show me in the Word, where God has changed His mind regarding "Thou shalt not kill", Exodus 20:13?

Thank you.

God has not ever changed His stance on killing.  The word 'kill' in the 'Thou shalt not kill' is ratsach.  LOL  Pronounced  Rat sack.    it means; 

to murder, slay, kill

1. (Qal) to murder, slay

1. premeditated

2. accidental

3. as avenger

4. slayer (intentional) (participle)

2. (Niphal) to be slain

3. (Piel)

1. to murder, assassinate

2. murderer, assassin (participle)(subst)

When a Christian commits suicide, its because Satan, the liar, the destroyer, the killer has spiritually kicked the snot out of his victim, to where the victim is totally deceived into thinking he  has no other way out. 

Guest Wanda01
1 hour ago, Denadii said:

God has not ever changed His stance on killing.  

When a Christian commits suicide, its because Satan, the liar, the destroyer, the killer has spiritually kicked the snot out of his victim, to where the victim is totally deceived into thinking he  has no other way out. 

That was my point, Denadii. If it was  a sin, it continues to be. God's word remains the same and will not change to accommodate feelings, times or seasons.

Suicide is a horrific waste and a terrible tragedy. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain loved one's must feel. But to take one's own life is still to take a life (kill), even when that life is their own.

satan is quite the manipulator and destroyer. But it is no less bad news (putting it mildly) to give in and listen to him now, as it was in the Garden of Eden.

Just now, Wanda01 said:

That was my point, Denadii. If it was  a sin, it continues to be. God's word remains the same and will not change to accommodate feelings, times or seasons.

Suicide is a horrific waste and a terrible tragedy. I cannot even begin to imagine the pain loved one's must feel. But to take one's own life is still to take a life (kill), even when that life is their own.

satan is quite the manipulator and destroyer. But it is no less bad news (putting it mildly) to give in and listen to him now, as it was in the Garden of Eden.

Well, I would say we are agreed on this.   Suicide is a major loss for the victim and his family and friends.  For the entire body.    What gets me though, is the way so many Christians judge the poor victim, and put major torment on the family who is already hurting.

Guest Wanda01
33 minutes ago, Denadii said:

Well, I would say we are agreed on this.   Suicide is a major loss for the victim and his family and friends.  For the entire body.    What gets me though, is the way so many Christians judge the poor victim, and put major torment on the family who is already hurting.

I have had a lot of experience with this unfortunately, during other difficult times (marriage woes, loss of a child, sickness, being victimized in a marriage or violent crime), and it is truly troubling, heart breaking, and something the Church body should do better with. Much better. To avoid our responsibility as Christians and not to be a shoulder and help to those hurting, is to victimize them twice, I believe.

Edited by Wanda01
clean it up a bit

1 minute ago, Wanda01 said:

I can't say that I have had personal experience with this (finding no comfort from professing Christians during time of mourning), but I have had a lot of experience with this unfortunately, during other difficult times (marriage woes, sickness, being victimized in a marriage or violent crime), and it is truly troubling, heart breaking, and something the Church body should do better with. Much better. To avoid our responsibility as Christians and not to be a shoulder and help to those hurting, is to victimize them twice, I believe.

I can agree that Christians can be very un-understanding, and judgmental with a hurting person, especially another Christian.  I haven't seen anything though that you and I disagree on.  Christians have done me more dirt than any other people.  They call it love as they stick you with any sharp object they can find.  LOL  But they do try I guess  We cannot judge them back.  And loving them is a chore but again....Where do you and I disagree?

Guest Wanda01
1 minute ago, Denadii said:

I can agree that Christians can be very un-understanding, and judgmental with a hurting person, especially another Christian.  I haven't seen anything though that you and I disagree on.  Christians have done me more dirt than any other people.  They call it love as they stick you with any sharp object they can find.  LOL  But they do try I guess  We cannot judge them back.  And loving them is a chore but again....Where do you and I disagree?

I think it was that suicide is a sin. 

Nodding my head to the rest of your reply. "Yep". Lol. But I digress.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  364
  • Content Per Day:  0.15

Yes , true Christian who commit suicide go to heaven but you will lose most if not all of your inheritance .

Telling a lie , even white lie like saying that you finished your coffee but there is 10ml of it left still in cup is as bad in God's eyes as if you murder somebody .
James 2:10 tells us that if you live by law and break one then it's done you are alredy not good enought to go to heaven .

That's why you are saved by grace of Lord Jesus Christ who took your punishment of you and was literall in your place paying for your sins with his blood 2 Corinthians 5:21 .

When you believe in him you are saved , sealed with Holy Spirit Ephesians 1:13-14 and it's free gift Ephesians 2:8-9 , and nobody even yourself can pluck out of God's hand John 10:28-30.

You should not consider suicide because it's ultimate lack of faith that you can show God . You are promised by God to be delivered and saved when you go through many of today's tribulations and persecutions , by commiting suicide you show God that you don't have faith in him and will lose most if not all of your rewards because rewards are for faith and righteous people should live by faith in Christ .

God is also doing good works through you so you can bear fruit , by doing suicide you resign from them .

Edit.
Before somebody will argue with me
If you think that Christian go to hell after commiting suicide then i guess Jesus Christ is in hell right now because he decided to suicide for us on cross , even didn't let Romans and Jews kill him but gave his ghost himself willingly to father , moreover every atom which that cross and nails were made of by his own words while creating earth .

Edited by Amazing Horse

Guest Wanda01
37 minutes ago, Denadii said:

but again....Where do you and I disagree?

35 minutes ago, Wanda01 said:

I think it was that suicide is a sin. 

It occurred to me that I may have misunderstood your reply that I initially quoted and replied to. If so, I do humbly apologize. 

I'm a little on the slow side of things today. Lol.