• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  4,058
  • Content Per Day:  14.54
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I never liked Springfield's GI sites either, in fact by in large I hate 1911 gi sites in general, which is why I got the one with the night sites installed. When I purchased my sp2022 I also ordered one in with them, I won't carry a weapon without night sites on them.

I agree with you about night sights.  I am in the process of installing night sights on the Glocks my wife and I carry, and two of my Sigs have night sights.  I've been doing more and more gunsmithing on my own guns as I get older.  My barebones all steel Colt Commander has standard sights, but they're 3-dot sights which are easy to see.  My Glock 23 and Glock 27 are my EDC guns, I have night sights for both I just need to install them.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  28
  • Topic Count:  338
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  15,710
  • Content Per Day:  2.45
  • Days Won:  39
  • Birthday:  02/27/1985

Just now, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

I agree with you about night sights.  I am in the process of installing night sights on the Glocks my wife and I carry, and two of my Sigs have night sights.  I've been doing more and more gunsmithing on my own guns as I get older.  My barebones all steel Colt Commander has standard sights, but they're 3-dot sights which are easy to see.  My Glock 23 and Glock 27 are my EDC guns, I have night sights for both I just need to install them.

I do a lot of gun modification, ive sporterized a SKS, rebuilt a old remington sportsmans 78 into a remington 700, even built a AR-15. Though, as much as I enjoy working on guns, ive found in the area of handguns, its usually far cheaper to buy the gun with the accessories i want rather then install them later. For example, the SP2022 I have, with factory sights was $500. Aftermarket night sights were $150 to install myself, conversly if I ordered the gun with the night sights pre-installed, I only paid $525. 

Unlike rifles, ive found its actually cheaper to buy the extras...even building the AR was cheaper then buying one outright. I have yet to figure out why pistol modifications have to be so much more expensive then rifle, but it is the way it is, and im on a tight budget. 

6 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

I do a lot of gun modification, ive sporterized a SKS, rebuilt a old remington sportsmans 78 into a remington 700, even built a AR-15. Though, as much as I enjoy working on guns, ive found in the area of handguns, its usually far cheaper to buy the gun with the accessories i want rather then install them later. For example, the SP2022 I have, with factory sights was $500. Aftermarket night sights were $150 to install myself, conversly if I ordered the gun with the night sights pre-installed, I only paid $525. 

Unlike rifles, ive found its actually cheaper to buy the extras...even building the AR was cheaper then buying one outright. I have yet to figure out why pistol modifications have to be so much more expensive then rifle, but it is the way it is, and im on a tight budget. 

I bought Glock factory night sights for five of my Glocks on Amazon for $75 a set and have the sight pusher and adjustment tools already.  I installed Siderlock trigger safeties on my wife's Glock 42 and my Glock 32 and 21SF.  I've built a couple of ARs but would really like a rifle to shoot the .338 Lapua.  But that'll never happen unless I win a lottery or something.

i wouldnt mind a 338 lapua myself.....they are pricey. friend of mine sold a remington for $1500 awhile back...which isnt to horribly bad, but its still a lot of dough for a rifle.

4 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

i wouldnt mind a 338 lapua myself.....they are pricey. friend of mine sold a remington for $1500 awhile back...which isnt to horribly bad, but its still a lot of dough for a rifle.

$1500 is a lot of money to me.  Even a scope (a decent scope) for the rifle is a bit pricey.  Not saying a Remington or Winchester is not worth it, but I just couldn't justify it on my wages.  Though it's fun to dream about how far away you could obliterate a watermelon, or two.

26 minutes ago, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

$1500 is a lot of money to me.  Even a scope (a decent scope) for the rifle is a bit pricey.  Not saying a Remington or Winchester is not worth it, but I just couldn't justify it on my wages.  Though it's fun to dream about how far away you could obliterate a watermelon, or two.

it is indeed...I have guns worth more then that, but I inherited them. the most Ive ever spent on a gun is about $1200, and thats on my AR, and it took me better part of a year to build it (one piece at a time) and i still got a few things I want to add onto it. The next most, well, i should say it was my wife, was my springfield, it was $950. she bought it for me for my birthday one year.

Scopes can be pricey...however, I recently discovered Bushnell scopes, and for the money you really cant beat them. I have a bushnell 18 power on my AR, you can see a prairie dog blink at 400 yards with it, and I only paid $180, which is about 100 bucks below a comparable vortex or Nikon, and i just bought a bushnell 12x for my 270 on clearance for $90 (normally in the $200 range) and while its not quite as nice as my dads 12x nikon, its still a plenty nice scope. will do what I need it to do, which is game hunting.

1 hour ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

it is indeed...I have guns worth more then that, but I inherited them. the most Ive ever spent on a gun is about $1200, and thats on my AR, and it took me better part of a year to build it (one piece at a time) and i still got a few things I want to add onto it. The next most, well, i should say it was my wife, was my springfield, it was $950. she bought it for me for my birthday one year.

Scopes can be pricey...however, I recently discovered Bushnell scopes, and for the money you really cant beat them. I have a bushnell 18 power on my AR, you can see a prairie dog blink at 400 yards with it, and I only paid $180, which is about 100 bucks below a comparable vortex or Nikon, and i just bought a bushnell 12x for my 270 on clearance for $90 (normally in the $200 range) and while its not quite as nice as my dads 12x nikon, its still a plenty nice scope. will do what I need it to do, which is game hunting.

I don't have glass for either of my ARs yet.  One has a 28" fluted barrel, and the other a 20" barrel, both are chrome lined as is my AK. I'm probably under $1200 each for both rifles.  I do have bipods for both and a Magpul PRS stock for the 28".  I try not to add up the cost -- I don't want to know.  Bushnell is definitely worth considering  I was looking at 16" uppers at lunch time today.

This is my AR, its a anderson lower coupled with a Aero Precision upper. the barrel is a 18" heavy fluted barrel chambered in .223 wylde, made by integrity arms, with a diamondhead handgaurd and magpul stock, and of course the Bushnell 18x AR scope. It even has the range dots specific for that caliber. overall a fantastic gun, I built it to be able to take down prairie dogs at 3-400 yards, while still remaining somewhat mobile, and it hits hard at that range. Like I said I love my bushnell. My brother uses primarily vortex scopes, and ive fired his with them and love them as well. 

Ill bet that 28 inch barrel of yours can really reach out there though! 

AR-15 2.jpg

9 minutes ago, The_Patriot2017 said:

This is my AR, its a anderson lower coupled with a Aero Precision upper. the barrel is a 18" heavy fluted barrel chambered in .223 wylde, made by integrity arms, with a diamondhead handgaurd and magpul stock, and of course the Bushnell 18x AR scope. It even has the range dots specific for that caliber. overall a fantastic gun, I built it to be able to take down prairie dogs at 3-400 yards, while still remaining somewhat mobile, and it hits hard at that range. Like I said I love my bushnell. My brother uses primarily vortex scopes, and ive fired his with them and love them as well. 

Ill bet that 28 inch barrel of yours can really reach out there though! 

AR-15 2.jpg

Beautiful work.  Looks like you may be using a Hogue grip.  That's what I have on both of my lowers -- mainly DPMS parts except for the stocks, grips, trigger guard and bipods.

Just now, Saved.One.by.Grace said:

Beautiful work.  Looks like you may be using a Hogue grip.  That's what I have on both of my lowers -- mainly DPMS parts except for the stocks, grips, trigger guard and bipods.

nope im not, its an ATI grip. I bought it, because I bought a ATI strikeforce stock for my SKS, and loved it and the grip it came with, and they sold the exact same grip for ARs so I bought it. Im also using a raptor ambidextrous charging handle, even though im right handed, I absolutly love it, because it allows me to operate the charging handle with my right hand like I would a bolt on a bolt action rifle.